Mulligan cleared to play for Tyrone against Fermanagh

Started by laoisgaa, April 27, 2007, 01:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Unbelievable shit being written.  Role Model this, role model that.  He's playing a man's sport, and if he gets sent off i'm sure he's not too happy with himself, but if its deemed an inappropriate sending off then so be it.  It's not like Mulligan or Harte was the man who made the decision to deem the appeal as successful.  It will be more interesting to see what happens with Paddy Bradley, but again it seems that the Anti-Tyrone brigade are out in force.  Mulligan pulled a breakdance move and made contact with nobody, but Bradley man-handled the referee - I think I know which one is more serious, and is sending out the wrong message to kids.  But I wouldnt be surprised that if somehow the Derry Board intervened and allow their 'Paddy' to play in the Ulster Championship.  Also, I didnt see much write about this last week:

Cassidy in the clear for Donegal

Kevin Cassidy 
20 April 2007

The Ulster Council has exonerated Donegal's Kevin Cassidy from the red card he picked up in the McKenna Cup competition in January, thus freeing him to line out in Sunday's NFL Division 1 final.

The combative midfielder received two yellow cards in the semi-final win over Kildare and having also received a similar fate against Armagh in January, seemed destined to miss the national decider this Sunday thanks to a two week suspension, which he would automatically pick up if sent off with two yellow cards twice in a 48-week period.

However, Donegal appealed the sending off at the start of the year to the Ulster Council and after reviewing video evidence on Thursday night, the provincial body rescinded Cassidy's red card in the McKenna Cup.

The decision comes as a welcome relief to Donegal boss Brian McIvor, as he is currently battling to get Brendan Devenney, Neil McGee and Paddy McGonigley fit for Sunday's game.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

An Cloch Scoilte

Come off it Fear ón Sráth Bán.
This is another case of the Summer of 05 revisited for the rest of us when Mickey Harte goes and uses the Media to exonorate one of his men!!
Does everyone remember Mcmenamin and co?
They are making a farce of the sitituation.
Accept the decisions and get on with it like everyone else!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on April 27, 2007, 01:46:29 PM
Come off it Fear ón Sráth Bán.
This is another case of the Summer of 05 revisited for the rest of us when Mickey Harte goes and uses the Media to exonorate one of his men!!
Does everyone remember Mcmenamin and co?
They are making a farce of the sitituation.
Accept the decisions and get on with it like everyone else!!

Mc Menamin's is a different case, not relevant here where the referee made an error (and it wasn't the only one he made in that particular game), and gave the wrong punishment. Simple as, and if nothing else each case must be judged in isolation.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

phpearse

Tyrone red cards this year so far:

O'Neill v QUB - 4 weeks (suspension served)
McMenamin v Dublin - 4 weeks (suspension served)
Mulligan v Cork 4 weeks (suspension served)
McCollough v Kerry 4 weeks (suspension served)
Mulligan v Mayo 4 weeks (suspension appealed)

Any others? With the exception of Ricey (and he'll always liable to do something daft) the rest have been forwards. Notice to all other teams Tyrone will play this year, esp defenders. Annoy the Tyrone forwards and you'll likely to get a thump but they'll walk. Lesson for Tyrone forwards, it is hard enough to win games without being down to 14. Try and keep the head.

Guillem2

Quote from: Bogball XV on April 27, 2007, 11:29:19 AM
Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on April 27, 2007, 10:11:10 AM
No surprise there then!!!  >:( Tyrone have the best GAA notaries in the countrty.
Now, that's a good one!!
Excellent!! I've just noticed that now.  :D
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 27, 2007, 01:56:06 PM

Mc Menamin's is a different case, not relevant here where the referee made an error (and it wasn't the only one he made in that particular game), and gave the wrong punishment. Simple as, and if nothing else each case must be judged in isolation.

You can't judge each case in isolation whenever Mickey Harte does the same thing everytime one of his key men gets suspended at a key time!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on April 27, 2007, 02:02:31 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 27, 2007, 01:56:06 PM

You can't judge each case in isolation whenever Mickey Harte does the same thing everytime one of his key men gets suspended at a key time!!

Not only can you, you must. It doesn't matter what Mickey Harte says or does, it's the committee's function to examine the evidence, and only to examine the evidence.  This is not trial by tabloids.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

reddgnhand

M Harte didnt question the red cards for O'Neill v QUB,McMenamin v Dublin,Mulligan v Cork or McCollough v Kerry. So to suggest he contests every sending off is totally wrong. 

Fuzzman

Remarkable the number of posters who have NOT seen the incident but are very vociferious in their anti appeal attitude.

Are you saying then that Mickey Harte should say to himself

Yeah in the past we appealed Ricey and got him off even though he was guilty as hell and so now we should not push our luck even though personally I think Mugsy was foolish but it was DEFINITELY not a Red card offence.

If you were in a job and your success/survival depended on important decisons you make, but you may offend someone along the way, would you sit back and say
No, I'll take the risk but be at least I'll be popular.

If Fermanagh beat Tyrone and we had no Mugsy would people say
At least Mickey is a sound bloke and we respect him more.

Catch a grip lads. Fair enough the Ricey Knees up/Down was scandalous in isolation but at the time a precedent had been set by other people getting No further suspension by media so why should he be any different.

Goats Do Shave

Ye get that Bus sorted Fuzz?? What about your Dublin based Tyrone Supporters club!!??  :P

QuoteTyrone red cards this year so far:

O'Neill v QUB - 4 weeks (suspension served)
McMenamin v Dublin - 4 weeks (suspension served)
Mulligan v Cork 4 weeks (suspension served)
McCollough v Kerry 4 weeks (suspension served)
Mulligan v Mayo 4 weeks (suspension appealed)

Tyrone seem to have a disciplinary problem??  ::)

Bensars

Just something for you and rest of the anti tyrone brigade to get their teeth into.     

you must be delighted

David McKeown

Not entirely relevant but I did a research paper into the role of the Dispute Resolutions Authority during its first year of existence.  Its about 12000 words and not overally well written but if anyone would like a copy of it to see the problems faced by the disciplinary system feel free to pm me and I will send it to you.

As regards to Mulligan what rule was he originally charged under because theres a lot of people complaining he didnt make contact, but often the rule book does not require contact?  I suspect though he was charged either under a rule that did require contact or one that only carried a yellow card.  Again there is a big difference here as if the rule did require contact and didnt get it then this is a misapplication of a rule which should never be appealable because of the dangerous precedent it would set.  The latter is a mistake as to the rule itself which should be appealable
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ildanach

I was at the game and from what i can see in the rules, it is rule 5 he broke. If you attempt to slide from distance at the back of someones leg without having a prayer of getting the ball. I  would put it under this rule: The only parts of the rule that i can see relevent i have listed below. 

RULE 5 - AGGRESSIVE FOULS
5.1 To strike or attempt to strike an opponent with
head, arm, elbow, hand or knee.
5.2 To kick or attempt to kick an opponent, with
minimal force.
5.4 To attempt to kick an opponent, with force.
(i) Order offender off.
(ii) Free puck from where Foul occurred,
except as provided under Exceptions
of Rule 2.2.

As a slide tackle is not allowed in gaelic football i would presume it comes under a kick or attempted kick in the eyes of the rules. I would however say that the tackle was more in clumsiness or a rush of blood than an intent to injure.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Fuzzman

Hey Goat Lover

I''ve 30 names for the bus already but need more but dont know would Ye Armagh Orangemen go down well on the bus. Ye might not like the traditonal route as I've heard you're gunning for the back passage this year as ye can win FECK all down the main road.

Why, do ye wanna come and learn how to play football properly using the ball or are you happy with yer Psycho Analysis, funny shapes on jerseys, third man tackle game that ye've devised.

rosnarun

QuoteSo, will the ref be sanctioned
heard it all  now. there are some class idiots on this board.
the ref called it as he saw it . now that the refs word seems to be worthless how long will it be before some on challanges the result of a match on the basis of what tyhe ref didnt see. such as the  referee in the LF who  missed at least 3 fouls on Conor mortimer when right beside him (but did pick up 2 when 50 yards away!) and im sure every one has similar stories from our own club counties .

Unless there is a massive miscarraige of justice suck up the punishment for the good of the game and dont make a liar out of the ref over split hairs or youll have eegit trying to ban them .
how exactly will games be played then?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere