Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2016, 06:59:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 06:26:02 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 21, 2016, 06:05:49 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 21, 2016, 04:14:12 PM
The interview vindicates the players' heave if anything. Holmes and Connelly showed their management style to be from a bygone era. It's authoritarian and dictatorial. Lines like 'players play and managers manage' show how out of touch they were. It's just as well they were able to find a journalist from a bygone era to do their bidding for them.

There is also the alternative management .

I want to get my club -mate on the team by " the senior members of the team"

With all due respect no self respecting county would anything Mayo are doing in relation to managing a top class inter county team

Cliques destroy the common collective of any group. And it's as clear as day there is a clique on the Mayo team dragging  it into the manure business

Again, where did you get this? The Indo?

Are you trying to say there isn't a clique? Sure even before this interview everyone knew that it was the Ballintubber-Breaffy axis that got the heave going. You're not really proving to be a reliable narrator on this when you won't accept what are to even most Mayo supporters basic facts.

You have long claimed Aiden O'Shea tries to get his little brother picked. And you have long been wrong, as he has rarely been picked.

??

I've commented in jest about the younger brother because everyone and their mother knew about the O'Sheas having undue influence on team selection (or designs on it) over the last two seasons. I never seriously heard anything suggesting they were lobbying for their brother too.

My problem with that lad was entirely about him not being good enough for senior. Showed a little in a cameo at the end of this season but still has to convince a lot of people.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2016, 07:35:41 PM
The interview vindicates the players' heave if anything. Holmes and Connelly showed their management style to be from a bygone era. It's authoritarian and dictatorial. Lines like 'players play and managers manage' show how out of touch they were. It's just as well they were able to find a journalist from a bygone era to do their bidding for them.

With all due respect no self respecting county would anything Mayo are doing in relation to managing a top class inter county team

Cliques destroy the common collective of any group. And it's as clear as day there is a clique on the Mayo team dragging  it into the manure business

Are you trying to say there isn't a clique? Sure even before this interview everyone knew that it was the Ballintubber-Breaffy axis that got the heave going. You're not really proving to be a reliable narrator on this when you won't accept what are to even most Mayo supporters basic facts.

You have long claimed Aiden O'Shea tries to get his little brother picked. And you have long been wrong, as he has rarely been picked.

??

I've commented in jest about the younger brother because everyone and their mother knew about the O'Sheas having undue influence on team selection (or designs on it) over the last two seasons. I never seriously heard anything suggesting they were lobbying for their brother too.

My problem with that lad was entirely about him not being good enough for senior. Showed a little in a cameo at the end of this season but still has to convince a lot of people.

So let me gets this right. You claim the O'Shea's have an 'undue influence on team selection'. This despite the ousted management team, who stuck the knife in every way they could (twitter, Toughest Trade etc.), not actually making anything like this claim themselves.

You should also consider Hennelly not playing all summer, Hall not featuring and Conor hardly playing at all.

So who were they picking then?
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Syfīn, Why have you a problem with whatever type of shenanigans the Rhus go on with when picking their teams.
Why are you obsessed with the hoors?
Are you not taking your tablets?

Or are you as many suspect  ONE OF THEM
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2016, 07:35:41 PM

??

So let me gets this right. You claim the O'Shea's have an 'undue influence on team selection'. This despite the ousted management team, who stuck the knife in every way they could (twitter, Toughest Trade etc.), not actually making anything like this claim themselves.

You should also consider Hennelly not playing all summer, Hall not featuring and Conor hardly playing at all.

So who were they picking then?

Hennelly played in the only game that matters to that Mayo team.

criostlinn

And on it goes the same auld clowns pushing the same auld agendas
To some lads on this board this is like Christmas morning. Banging on about Aiden O'Shea having the biggest ego since Muhammad Ali.
And what it all boils down to is typical Irish begrudgery. You know having a set on a fella. And you know when you have a set on somebody they cant do anything right. O'Shea plays bad in a match, its the worse performance ever. He plays well, sure fcuk least he could be at. He has alot of twitter followers or appears on a TV show, well isn't that fella getting big for his boots. Time to take him down a peg or two

I wonder have some of these idiots even read this article or just looked at a line and said, sure fuckit I was right. I always told you that fella was a premadonna.

One lad keeps going on about how Jim Gavin would't stand for this like somehow this proves his long held opinion on O'Shea. Just to remind you. O'Shea didnt go to Sunderland and all he did was send an email to Holmes. That's it. Now Pat Holmes didn't seem to have a problem with it at the time because he based his whole team around O'Shea for 2015. Plan A, B and C. So really the problem here is with Holmes.

This whole article was an attempted hatchet job on the players from two bitter men. This has been coming for a while  as they and their supporters have been spreading rumours all year about the players. The stories about who was picking the team etc all of a sudden appear in print from Holmes and Connelly. Some might say fair game after last year but the thing that really annoys me about this is the attempt to undermine Rochford all the way through it. Stuff like we stopped him doing the TV program but obviously Rochford couldn't, We stood up to Seamie O'Shea, obviously Rochford didnt. What did Rochford do on them.

They obviously feel aggrieved with the way they were dealt with last year and some may have sympathy with them but you have to remember that some of these players endured 4 years of mismanagement thanks to another County Board set up which finally ended below in Longford in 2010. Just like 2007 some thought there was a handy All Ireland going and they had to make sure the right manager was in place to take the plaudits. Well we seen how this worked out last time and fair play to the players they put an end to the sham happening again

Oh and Ill Bomber, you keep asking "Do you blame Holmes and Connelly for 2015". Everyone keeps ignoring you for some reason but its coming up to Christmas so ill engage.
The answer is no I don't. The same as I dont blame Rochford for 2016 or Horan 2011-2014. You see Gaelic Football is not as simple as do I blame this or that. There are a number of reasons why Mayo didn't win in 2015 same as 2016 but I wont be going into them in case I get accused of making excuses. But what I will say after reading that nonsense last weekend I know for a fact Mayo would not have been within an asses roar of winning in 2016 if management wasn't changed.  It didn't work out for them, get over it
May I ask you, do you think Mickey Harte was to blame for Tyrone 2016

Syferus

Quote from: criostlinn on December 21, 2016, 10:14:40 PM
And on it goes the same auld clowns pushing the same auld agendas
To some lads on this board this is like Christmas morning. Banging on about Aiden O'Shea having the biggest ego since Muhammad Ali.
And what it all boils down to is typical Irish begrudgery. You know having a set on a fella. And you know when you have a set on somebody they cant do anything right. O'Shea plays bad in a match, its the worse performance ever. He plays well, sure fcuk least he could be at. He has alot of twitter followers or appears on a TV show, well isn't that fella getting big for his boots. Time to take him down a peg or two

I wonder have some of these idiots even read this article or just looked at a line and said, sure fuckit I was right. I always told you that fella was a premadonna.

One lad keeps going on about how Jim Gavin would't stand for this like somehow this proves his long held opinion on O'Shea. Just to remind you. O'Shea didnt go to Sunderland and all he did was send an email to Holmes. That's it. Now Pat Holmes didn't seem to have a problem with it at the time because he based his whole team around O'Shea for 2015. Plan A, B and C. So really the problem here is with Holmes.

This whole article was an attempted hatchet job on the players from two bitter men. This has been coming for a while  as they and their supporters have been spreading rumours all year about the players. The stories about who was picking the team etc all of a sudden appear in print from Holmes and Connelly. Some might say fair game after last year but the thing that really annoys me about this is the attempt to undermine Rochford all the way through it. Stuff like we stopped him doing the TV program but obviously Rochford couldn't, We stood up to Seamie O'Shea, obviously Rochford didnt. What did Rochford do on them.

They obviously feel aggrieved with the way they were dealt with last year and some may have sympathy with them but you have to remember that some of these players endured 4 years of mismanagement thanks to another County Board set up which finally ended below in Longford in 2010. Just like 2007 some thought there was a handy All Ireland going and they had to make sure the right manager was in place to take the plaudits. Well we seen how this worked out last time and fair play to the players they put an end to the sham happening again

Oh and Ill Bomber, you keep asking "Do you blame Holmes and Connelly for 2015". Everyone keeps ignoring you for some reason but its coming up to Christmas so ill engage.
The answer is no I don't. The same as I dont blame Rochford for 2016 or Horan 2011-2014. You see Gaelic Football is not as simple as do I blame this or that. There are a number of reasons why Mayo didn't win in 2015 same as 2016 but I wont be going into them in case I get accused of making excuses. But what I will say after reading that nonsense last weekend I know for a fact Mayo would not have been within an asses roar of winning in 2016 if management wasn't changed.  It didn't work out for them, get over it
May I ask you, do you think Mickey Harte was to blame for Tyrone 2016

I always respected O'Shea as a player.  I even thought of him as the best midfielder in the country until he/managers thought he was a CHF or FF and he got s bit lost out of position. Not a bad lad on the field apart from the diving, clumsy but not malicious like some big lads. Hardly begrudgery pointing out something that's there in black and white.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2016, 10:52:42 PM
Hardly begrudgery pointing out something that's there in black and white.

If you have it in black and white, please show it to us.
MWWSI 2017

maigheo

I am pretty sure Bomber, Syferus and Indiana are the same person as there could not be 3 people with less of a clue about the Mayo GAA scene.And by the way Connelly was offered the Corofin job last year so the heave did not affect his ability to get a top managerial job

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on December 22, 2016, 12:18:06 AM
I am pretty sure Bomber, Syferus and Indiana are the same person as there could not be 3 people with less of a clue about the Mayo GAA scene.And by the way Connelly was offered the Corofin job last year so the heave did not affect his ability to get a top managerial job

Yeah. Definitely. I'm well known for my love of Tyrone and Dublin.

Il Bomber Destro

It's no about having an in depth knowledge of Mayo football.

The Mayo lads on here have dismissed every single criticism of their players in relation to this debacle our of hand, they just don't want to have to face up to the music that there are some massive egos and preening primadonnas in their squad that are a destabilising factor and are indulged by their general public.

This indulgence of that kind of behaviour is why there are no All Ireland medals in their pockets.

You guys don't want to debate this out, it's just ridiculous, illogical dismissals without even attempting to hear out the other side of the story. I don't think I have heard one Mayo person on here actually come out and say they thought it was wrong that certain players were trying to lobby and undermine managerial selection decisions.

I haven't heard one fan say it was wrong that players looked to have a management team ousted behind their backs without any negotiation and then wanted a say in who was appointed?

The door of blame seems to be fully placed at the feet of Holmes and Connelly, despite the fact that they were the victims of it. If they felt players were soft, it was their duty to tackle that, if they felt that certain players were not focused on their game, it was their duty to tackle that, if they thought that certain players had an undue influence in areas they were not meant to, it was their duty to tackle it.

They paid the price of upsetting a team of primadonnas, that is what it says. Their results stand up to that of Horan and Rochford and that's what it should boil down to but certain players felt slighted and aggrieved from personal differences, took the jump and drove them out - there lies the crux of the matter.

It had nothing to do with winning or losing All Irelands and everything to do with acquiescing to a cohort of players with very high standards of self-regard.

Mayo GAA - Generation Snowflake.

muppet

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/martin-breheny-dont-lecture-holmes-and-connelly-on-loyalty-to-mayo-football-theyve-done-it-a-huge-service-35310475.html

Breheny sticks the boot into Ronan McGarrity.

'...Meanwhile, their former colleague Ronan McGarrity declared that "any criticism Mayo players get is wrong". He has 'no time for that' and claimed it "was a bit of a mystery" why Holmes and Connelly had spoken out.

Check what happened, Ronan. Was it okay for the squad to inflict huge reputational damage on Holmes and Connelly, yet when the managers respond it's deemed to be disloyal...'

I wonder how long he will be milking this story?
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 22, 2016, 07:40:51 AM

The Mayo lads on here have dismissed every single criticism of their players in relation to this debacle our of hand, they just don't want to have to face up to the music that there are some massive egos and preening primadonnas in their squad that are a destabilising factor and are indulged by their general public.

This indulgence of that kind of behaviour is why there are no All Ireland medals in their pockets.

You guys don't want to debate this out, it's just ridiculous, illogical dismissals without even attempting to hear out the other side of the story. I don't think I have heard one Mayo person on here actually come out and say they thought it was wrong that certain players were trying to lobby and undermine managerial selection decisions.

I haven't heard one fan say it was wrong that players looked to have a management team ousted behind their backs without any negotiation and then wanted a say in who was appointed?

The door of blame seems to be fully placed at the feet of Holmes and Connelly, despite the fact that they were the victims of it. If they felt players were soft, it was their duty to tackle that, if they felt that certain players were not focused on their game, it was their duty to tackle that, if they thought that certain players had an undue influence in areas they were not meant to, it was their duty to tackle it.

They paid the price of upsetting a team of primadonnas, that is what it says. Their results stand up to that of Horan and Rochford and that's what it should boil down to but certain players felt slighted and aggrieved from personal differences, took the jump and drove them out - there lies the crux of the matter.

It had nothing to do with winning or losing All Irelands and everything to do with acquiescing to a cohort of players with very high standards of self-regard.

What utter, utter shite. No self-respecting Mayo person is going to agree with the likes of yourself and Syferus - the pair of you are far more alike than either of you would like to admit by the way!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Buckass

Have to agree with Il Bomber.
And muppet..the world and its dog knows that Conor O'Shea was the player not in the 26. Got a run in this years all Ireland and kept running at his own goal.
As for Ronan McGarrity...his focus now is playing basketball with Sligo All-Stars with AOS. They'd won 6 on the trot until last Saturday (when Indo article hit) and they under-performed and lost at home. Ronan's contribution seems team-focused. BTW, think the basketball angle is a positive in Mayo terms...footwork, handling, concentration etc.
The world isn't out to get Mayo lads, ye'll have to win one first before that happens. And most posters here would cheer that on. With the likes of Clarke, Keegan, Durcan, SOS, Aos & COC ye have some that have the tools to be best in the business. This year was a great chance with Dublin off colour and lacking the incisiveness of 2015. But naysayers take away from the collective. Does anyone think BB was whining and mailing JG when dropped by Dublin? A cull is needed. Thank Hennelly & Dillon for their time & effort and push on.
McEntee's take on matters is the one I'd like to hear...not while he's still in the tent though.

INDIANA

I think we've established the lack of a clue Mayo fans have about admitting the truth about their team.

What a mess- who picked hennelly then so if we're all clueless?

criostlinn

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 22, 2016, 07:40:51 AM

And there it is, all layed out nice and simple the reason Mayo cannot win an All Ireland.
Could it be that the reason Tyrone cant seem to beat generation snowflake Mayo is because Cathal McCarron has a bigger ego then the 2 O'Sheas, Robbie Hennelly and Alan Dillon combined or are there other influences in the Tyrone dressing room we don't know about