Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

There are many ways of responding to a bad break-up.

You could contact Martin Breheny......

Or you could do what Billy Walsh did.....https://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2016/1221/840488-walsh-named-world-boxing-coach-of-the-year/
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 21, 2016, 04:14:12 PM
The interview vindicates the players' heave if anything. Holmes and Connelly showed their management style to be from a bygone era. It's authoritarian and dictatorial. Lines like 'players play and managers manage' show how out of touch they were. It's just as well they were able to find a journalist from a bygone era to do their bidding for them.

I'm not so sure. Don't want to keep harking back to Jim Gavin but there is a manager who is hugely progressive but everyone knows their role.

A clubmate of his was in the backroom in 2013, at the end of the year he went to Jim with several unsolicited suggestions and gripes about areas he wasn't responsible for - he was thanked for his service and told he wouldn't be needed for 2014.

He wouldn't tolerate a player offering feedback or expressing surprise at the team selection and isn't a dinasour

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 04:30:26 PM

Or you could do what Billy Walsh did.....https://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2016/1221/840488-walsh-named-world-boxing-coach-of-the-year/

Apples and oranges.
Walsh left of his own free will to go to a better job, he wasn't kicked out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2016, 04:40:27 PM

Apples and oranges.

The point is how you respond. Do you prove everyone who didn't want you out wrong, or do you run to Martin Breheny?
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

I don't want to know what they were teaching the hairy Bears if they could have been in line for world boxing coach of the year.

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 04:42:16 PM

Apples and oranges.

The point is how you respond. Do you prove everyone who didn't want you out wrong, or do you run to Martin Breheny?

But there's nowhere to go after you get the boot from managing your own county.
Their credibility as 'elite' level football managers has been irrevocably damaged.
They've been characterised as old-school, 'my way or the high way' types who don't communicate with their players.
How do they prove everyone who wanted them out wrong?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublin7

Apples and oranges.

Billy Walsh did several radio interviews when he left.  He also did interviews with Vincent Hogan in the independent who wrote extensively about it.

H&C and their families have had to listen to rumours & innuendo about their management and had to deal with a charge of incompetence from the Mayo squad. Why shouldn't they get to give their point of view. Those lads gave blood, sweat & tears for Mayo football only to get treated appallingly.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2016, 04:59:52 PM

Apples and oranges.

Their credibility as 'elite' level football managers has been irrevocably damaged.
They've been characterised as old-school, 'my way or the high way' types who don't communicate with their players.

They did that to themselves in the interview.

You're making a fairly sweeping statement about nowhere to go. Look at Davy Fitz and how he reacted to 'divided opinions' of his players regarding his management.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

The interview vindicates the players' heave if anything. Holmes and Connelly showed their management style to be from a bygone era. It's authoritarian and dictatorial. Lines like 'players play and managers manage' show how out of touch they were. It's just as well they were able to find a journalist from a bygone era to do their bidding for them.

There is also the alternative management .

I want to get my club -mate on the team by " the senior members of the team"

With all due respect no self respecting county would anything Mayo are doing in relation to managing a top class inter county team

Cliques destroy the common collective of any group. And it's as clear as day there is a clique on the Mayo team dragging  it into the manure business

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on December 21, 2016, 06:05:49 PM

With all due respect no self respecting county would anything Mayo are doing in relation to managing a top class inter county team

Cliques destroy the common collective of any group. And it's as clear as day there is a clique on the Mayo team dragging  it into the manure business

Again, where did you get this? The Indo?

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 06:26:02 PM

Are you trying to say there isn't a clique? Sure even before this interview everyone knew that it was the Ballintubber-Breaffy axis that got the heave going. You're not really proving to be a reliable narrator on this when you won't accept what are to even most Mayo supporters basic facts.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2016, 06:59:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 06:26:02 PM

Are you trying to say there isn't a clique? Sure even before this interview everyone knew that it was the Ballintubber-Breaffy axis that got the heave going. You're not really proving to be a reliable narrator on this when you won't accept what are to even most Mayo supporters basic facts.

You have long claimed Aiden O'Shea tries to get his little brother picked. And you have long been wrong, as he has rarely been picked.

MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 21, 2016, 09:02:39 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 20, 2016, 04:10:29 PM
The media response seems to be pro-player in general.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/cheap-shots-have-harmed-mayo-436002.html

Although I'm sure there's a certain amount of self-interest involved there.
H & C have no real value to most sports hacks.
Lemme get this straight. ;D ;D
The media in general are backing the players out of self interest whereas, Martin Breheny is presenting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
No question that the media in general have noticed the contradictions, vague assertions and off the wall comments his work of fiction is plastered with?
At one stage, H&C mentioned the fact that a player left his notes in the hotel and the squad blamed the management.
Now, the players are on record as saying that H&C were the ones to forget the notes.
And you, from what I've read have no trouble in accepting the managers' version.
I think it's time for me to get to f**k outta here. I don't have a job to go to so any time I waste is my own.

And you seem to have no problem accepting the player's version.

The difference is Connelly and Holmes have far more integrity about them than the players do.

You guys on here with your blind loyalty to the players and refusal to accept Holmes and Connelly were screwed over by a bunch of preening player incapable of introspection and burying their egos is bizarre.

Do you blame Holmes and Connelly for 2015?

Il Bomber Destro

It moreso vindicates Holmes and Connelly, players with big egos calling the shots for their clubmates and family members to be involved in the side. Hennelly brought in for the 2016 AI final and O'Shea going to matches with Rochford.

Mayo were no closer to winning an All Ireland in 2016 than they were the 5 years previous. Mayo players won't be vindicated until they win an AI and maybe it's the way the Mayo players are indulged by their own when they are out of order and have their egos running wild which is they haven't won an AI yet.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 05:21:23 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on December 21, 2016, 04:59:52 PM

Apples and oranges.

They did that to themselves in the interview.

You're making a fairly sweeping statement about nowhere to go. Look at Davy Fitz and how he reacted to 'divided opinions' of his players regarding his management.

The Mayo players characterised themselves as preening primadonnas with the way they undermined and drove H&C out.