Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Only the 1 nomination?
He probably has a 50/50 chance so :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Those trials have seen the involvment of some players who, for one reason or another, left the panel in the last couple of years. Heard that the entire back room team has been changed.

Farrandeelin

One thing is for certain, next year's Connacht championship will be interesting.

What's even more interesting is the bit I've put in bold!

QuoteMayo officials won't expect Stephen Rochford to quit Corofin until their interest in the All-Ireland club series comes to an end.

It was announced last night that Rochford is the only nomination for the Mayo senior football manager vacancy and secretary Vincent Neary informed the Western People: "Just because he's the only nomination doesn't mean we don't follow the correct process.

"An interview committee will be put together [this week] and the candidate will have to be interviewed and his full team put in front of us."

Neary accepts that Mayo will have no option but to accept the Crossmolina native's current commitments to the All-Ireland club champions should they ratify his appointment.

"Looking from a distance, to be fair to Stephen and Corofin he can't walk away midstream.

"They're current All-Ireland Club champions and they won't have been expecting to be losing their manager while still in the Connacht campaign. That will all have to be thrashed out.

"But to be fair to everyone you couldn't expect him to walk out on them midstream."

Taken from Hoganstand.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

Would agree with that Farr. Galway might ask some serious questions of Mayo in Castlebar. Roscommon will have to tread warily on our side of the draw, as it's littered with landmines, banana skins.. Having said all that, i'd love to see a motivated, well prepared Roscommon have a serious crack at Mayo in Castlebar. Thought it would happen in the summer just gone, but we might be better prepared for it next Summer, if we overcome Leitrim and Sligo first of all.

Rossfan

I presume the Connacht Council will get Corofin out ASAP ::)

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 02, 2015, 09:16:19 PM
Would agree with that Farr. Galway might ask some serious questions of Mayo in Castlebar. Roscommon will have to tread warily on our side of the draw, as it's littered with landmines, banana skins.. Having said all that, i'd love to see a motivated, well prepared Roscommon have a serious crack at Mayo in Castlebar. Thought it would happen in the summer just gone, but we might be better prepared for it next Summer, if we overcome Leitrim and Sligo first of all.

Nope ,six in a row will be achieved with relative ease. Dreams of Sam maguire are over but.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Shrewdness

giveballaghback

Jaysus lads there is only one candidate, the count is taking longer than that election over in Burma.

sans pessimism

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 09, 2015, 11:38:35 PM
Jaysus lads there is only one candidate, the count is taking longer than that election over in Burma.
isn't it great that we have the Rossies to worry for us.I know all yeer football is played in January while we're only gettin warmed up in August,so relax th'owl britches for another while there maìth a'fear
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Rossfan

I expect the Rhu Co Board Executive are trying to convince some of their favourites to take on the role so they can avoid giving it to Rochford.

Shrewdness

Heard that Cillian O'Connor has had knee surgery, and could be out of action for anything up to 5 months. Likely to miss most of the NFL.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 10, 2015, 03:48:27 PM
Heard that Cillian O'Connor has had knee surgery, and could be out of action for anything up to 5 months. Likely to miss most of the NFL.

Looking bleak for the neighbours.

Shrewdness

and if Castlebar have a prolonged run, Mayo will be without Cunniffe, Moran and Durkan for a prolonged period. You'd nearly feel sorry for them!!

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 10, 2015, 07:41:06 PM
and if Castlebar have a prolonged run, Mayo will be without Cunniffe, Moran and Durkan for a prolonged period. You'd nearly feel sorry for them!!

And if they don't they have no full-time manager until March..

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2015, 07:54:22 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 10, 2015, 07:41:06 PM

And if they don't they have no full-time manager until March..

Good God we'll be fecked for the FBD! Players won't be fit in time for it and focus will be lost. What will we do? I know the first thoughts after the final whistle against Dublin last September were How are we going to dethrone the FBD Champions?