Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 10, 2015, 08:24:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2015, 07:54:22 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 10, 2015, 07:41:06 PM
and if Castlebar have a prolonged run, Mayo will be without Cunniffe, Moran and Durkan for a prolonged period. You'd nearly feel sorry for them!!

And if they don't they have no full-time manager until March..

Good God we'll be fecked for the FBD! Players won't be fit in time for it and focus will be lost. What will we do? I know the first thoughts after the final whistle against Dublin last September were How are we going to dethrone the FBD Champions?

Pretty sure it was How are we going to dethrone our managers?

PW Nally

Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2015, 08:35:43 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 10, 2015, 08:24:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 10, 2015, 07:54:22 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 10, 2015, 07:41:06 PM
and if Castlebar have a prolonged run, Mayo will be without Cunniffe, Moran and Durkan for a prolonged period. You'd nearly feel sorry for them!!

And if they don't they have no full-time manager until March..

Good God we'll be fecked for the FBD! Players won't be fit in time for it and focus will be lost. What will we do? I know the first thoughts after the final whistle against Dublin last September were How are we going to dethrone the FBD Champions?

Pretty sure it was How are we going to dethrone our managers?
Pretty sure Rossies though at that point we have to get a Mayo manager in!

larryin89

Fair play to you shrewdness you're keeping tabs on all things Mayo .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Well, Cillian is out, and the Castlebar contingent may miss a bit of the league, (though I don't think they will). If that happens, the onus is on the rest of the fringe players to shape up or ship out.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2015, 09:05:10 PM
Well, Cillian is out, and the Castlebar contingent may miss a bit of the league, (though I don't think they will). If that happens, the onus is on the rest of the fringe players to shape up or ship out.

You'd have to think it the best time for Cillian to get it sorted . As you rightly say massive opportunity for a couple of bucks to step up , have a strong feeling Rochford will prove a few of us very right or very wrong when he gives the ballina  buckeen a right good run in 16 .(as in I have a feeling he'll get his chance under SR  ,barring injury )

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on November 11, 2015, 09:11:08 PM

You'd have to think it the best time for Cillian to get it sorted . As you rightly say massive opportunity for a couple of bucks to step up , have a strong feeling Rochford will prove a few of us very right or very wrong when he gives the ballina  buckeen a right good run in 16 .(as in I have a feeling he'll get his chance under SR  ,barring injury )

Me too, I hope he has a stormer of a year next year.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2015, 09:21:13 PM

Evan Regan must be the most hyped GAA player in Mayo GAA history.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2015, 09:54:19 PM

Are you too young to remember Austin O'Malley, or were you concentrating on your own county back in those days?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on November 11, 2015, 10:35:24 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 11, 2015, 09:54:19 PM

Are you too young to remember Austin O'Malley, or were you concentrating on your own county back in those days?

Ah now. It's not hard to keep up with Mayo. I doubt you'll be avoiding Kevin McStay interviews in the coming year yourself Tubber..

maigheo

Jeez Syferus but you are a fool.The only one that has hyped up Regan is your good self

moysider

Exactly. O Connor was held back all year with a knee injury and now is the time to get it fixed. If he gets back for the summer it will be soon enough.
I wouldn t rule out Castlebar beating Corofin. So we ll see if they are available. Kirby looks a more driven man this year and maybe he has something to offer. Douglas, to me, looks like he is becoming a really serious player though and would like to see him get plenty county time in spring. I confess I had my doubts but I ve been really impressed with him when I ve seen them this year.
Anyway, without Cillian and Mitchels we have plenty to go with to stay in Div.1 which is the only thing that matters in Spring.

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on November 11, 2015, 11:04:41 PM
Jeez Syferus but you are a fool.The only one that has hyped up Regan is your good self

...and the Mayo posters up above.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on November 12, 2015, 03:47:32 AM
Quote from: maigheo on November 11, 2015, 11:04:41 PM

...and the Mayo posters up above.
Incorrect. Larryin89 said he will probably get a good run of games under Rochford, and he will prove to be a success or failure. I then agree with him, hoping he has a great year.

rosnarun

in fairness tohe sheep stealing crowd would never have heard about regan but for the amount of Promotion he got on here from the ballina Crew,
I hope he get a run in the league to justify it but we aint really seen nothing yet apart from a very bright opening to the league and that horrible injury .
he deserves one years good luck at least
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

larryin89

I've only seen him play a few times , I just think he's a bit of style to him and worth a run albeit I believe it should of been a couple of years ago by right but no sense in looking back . If I'm honest my obsession with the whole regan should be given a run thing stems from a player that said to a friend of mine " wait till you see Evan regan from Ballina, he is the business and will be a star " about four years ago . I watched him closely after that as much as I could  and I just believe he has the ability to do forward thinking stuff a bit different to what we have and might work will with five of the present lot up front .

It's not a case of " we have a gooch in Mayo that's not been given a fair crack " . Like some of Ye are trying to make out.Just a case of imo he's worth a shot .