Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Chimley on October 03, 2015, 10:26:47 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 10:23:20 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 03, 2015, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 09:31:45 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 03, 2015, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 03, 2015, 07:59:10 PM
I have to say there are some amount of "Knowledgeable" people from around the country on the inner workings of the county board and even more future intercounty managers who will be pacing the sidelines of Croke Park in the near future...Anyway, Mike Finnerty and John Maughan had a polite but narky enough chat about the weeks events on radio 1 earlier..Maughan reckons not one supporter he has spoken to all week  had backed the players, also he reckoned that there was never a problem in the set up, in fact it was never better over the past few years. Then the " two or three" troublemakers in the dressing room was mentioned, who's agenda was he serving today I wonder?
The plot thickens?

How so?
John Maughan isn't some Joe Blog, he is a well respected former Mayo player and manager and with his contacts within he would have a fair idea of what was going on behind scenes.

Did you not read my previous post. He was the one advising Pat and Nole. He knew exactly what was going on. He had input.

John Maughan needs to get out a bit more. He obviously didn't stray too far from his mates on the county board when discussing this.

Won't the Tanned One be coaching the brother of one of the chief instigators of the 2015 Mayo Massacre at U21 next year too? Nevermind a few more of the current senior Mayo panel..

moysider

Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 10:13:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2015, 09:55:16 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 09:49:28 PM
I have to say there are some amount of "Knowledgeable" people from around the country on the inner workings of the county board and even more future intercounty managers who will be pacing the sidelines of Croke Park in the near future...Anyway, Mike Finnerty and John Maughan had a polite but narky enough chat about the weeks events on radio 1 earlier..Maughan reckons not one supporter he has spoken to all week  had backed the players, also he reckoned that there was never a problem in the set up, in fact it was never better over the past few years. Then the " two or three" troublemakers in the dressing room was mentioned, who's agenda was he serving today I wonder?
The plot thickens?

How so?
John Maughan isn't some Joe Blog, he is a well respected former Mayo player and manager and with his contacts within he would have a fair idea of what was going on behind scenes.

Why haven't we got any details on the alleged preparation issues from this year?

No need. Why on earth would anyone make it public?

To quote Get Loughnane, I wouldn't even give ye the time of the throw in.

Coup over. Off with ye to the Galway hurlers thread.

There are lots of respected Mayo figures casting doubt on the accuracy of the claims.

Are they all CB patsies?

No but clubmates and personal friends of Pateen especially. This nonsense is a loads of bollocks as regards the reactionary shite from Carney and Maughan.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on October 03, 2015, 10:29:06 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Did you not read my previous post. He was the one advising Pat and Nole. He knew exactly what was going on. He had input.

John Maughan needs to get out a bit more. He obviously didn't stray too far from his mates on the county board when discussing this.

Won't the Tanned One be coaching the brother of one of the chief instigators of the 2015 Mayo Massacre at U21 next year too? Nevermind a few more of the current senior Mayo panel..

Sir John will have no problem changing tack and finding a new hymn sheet if it is in his best interest to do so.

Chimley

Quote from: Syferus on October 03, 2015, 10:29:06 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Another year of failure in store at u21 awaits. Can't see how Maughan will garner support from players given his stance on this.

Lar Naparka

The plot thickens?

How so?

Why haven't we got any details on the alleged preparation issues from this year?

There are lots of respected Mayo figures casting doubt on the accuracy of the claims.

Are they all CB patsies?
Indeed, please enlighten me.
When did you last see a "respected Mayo" figure?  We just don't do respect down in God's Acre; it doesn't go with the psyche, ya know.
If twenty seven players do a rare up and tell their "respected" managers to f**k off  and then all barge in on a meeting with "respected" members of the county board who are running around like headless quickens and give them just 10 minutes to sort themselves out, what sort of "respected" figure can change the facts?
You have been given the reasons, time and time again, why this setup was always going to end in handbags at dawn.  So forget the conspiracy theorists, they know sweet |FA more than anyone with half an interest in the Mayo scene. This parting of the way was on since that pair took on the job- maybe not all  their fault but they should have known better.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

The plot thickens?

How so?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Off with ye lads. There's another heather fire beyond ye might want to stick yer noses into.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 03, 2015, 10:46:58 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Are they all CB patsies?
When did you last see a "respected Mayo" figure?  We just don't do respect down in God's Acre; it doesn't go with the psyche, ya know.
If twenty seven players do a rare up and tell their "respected" managers to f**k off  and then all barge in on a meeting with "respected" members of the county board who are running around like headless quickens and give them just 10 minutes to sort themselves out, what sort of "respected" figure can change the facts?
You have been given the reasons, time and time again, why this setup was always going to end in handbags at dawn.  So forget the conspiracy theorists, they know sweet |FA more than anyone with half an interest in the Mayo scene. This parting of the way was on since that pair took on the job- maybe not all  their fault but they should have known better.

Never realised Mayo players were held in such contempt by neutrals - not that it matters a fcku.

Never realised either that Pat and Nole were so highly regarded. Their phones must be hoppin from counties still without a manager for next year. They should be a major coup? They ll be snapped up right away I d say. What do you think Lar?

stephenite

The Connellys have been attempting to orchestrate their influence within Mayo GAA leadership positions for nigh on 20 years.

The sooner these losers disappear the better for all concerned, the events leading up to last years appointment meant this was only going to end one way.

maigheo

Of all the crazy postings on this topic the above one is the most ridiculous and it does not come from either Syferus or Indiana which is saying something

Rossfan

Lave poor oul Syfín alone.
The poor eejitín is still in shock over the wheels coming off his Brigid's bandwagon. ;D
Meanwhile Anthony Cunningham about to be gutted in Herrinland.
Neighbours giving great entertainment these days.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 11:13:14 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 03, 2015, 10:46:58 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Are they all CB patsies?

Never realised Mayo players were held in such contempt by neutrals - not that it matters a fcku.

Never realised either that Pat and Nole were so highly regarded. Their phones must be hoppin from counties still without a manager for next year. They should be a major coup? They ll be snapped up right away I d say. What do you think Lar?
I think Pateen and Noel should do a damage limitation exercise and back away quietly and leave the whole sorry mess with the CB. They have shown more dignity in their leaving than they did in their coming. Pity the same can't be said for Mike and his buddies. Anyone on here who thinks any self-respecting Mayo fan will give even one flying f**k about what Carney, Maughan or any of the pro-establishment brigade wants to say should go and see a shrink. Their day has come and gone.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rossfan on October 03, 2015, 11:49:15 PM
The poor eejitín is still in shock over the wheels coming off his Brigid's bandwagon. ;D

I suppose after the John Evans sideshow and the Eamon O'Hara Tan-gate, it was inevitable that there would be other counties getting on the train!  What about poor Leitrim?

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2015, 12:13:38 AM

I suppose after the John Evans sideshow and the Eamon O'Hara Tan-gate, it was inevitable that there would be other counties getting on the train!  What about poor Leitrim?

Who?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on October 04, 2015, 12:15:03 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 04, 2015, 12:13:38 AM

Who?

That's just nasty!!!

Shrewdness

Maybe Kevin Mc Stay could find a position for Anthony Cunningham in his back room team. His name was actually rumoured in Ros about 3 weeks ago. He's an ex Brigid's manager, and was at the Ros semi finals last weekend.