Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

I have to say there are some amount of "Knowledgeable" people from around the country on the inner workings of the county board and even more future intercounty managers who will be pacing the sidelines of Croke Park in the near future...Anyway, Mike Finnerty and John Maughan had a polite but narky enough chat about the weeks events on radio 1 earlier..Maughan reckons not one supporter he has spoken to all week  had backed the players, also he reckoned that there was never a problem in the set up, in fact it was never better over the past few years. Then the " two or three" troublemakers in the dressing room was mentioned, who's agenda was he serving today I wonder?

Syferus

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on October 03, 2015, 07:59:10 PM
I have to say there are some amount of "Knowledgeable" people from around the country on the inner workings of the county board and even more future intercounty managers who will be pacing the sidelines of Croke Park in the near future...Anyway, Mike Finnerty and John Maughan had a polite but narky enough chat about the weeks events on radio 1 earlier..Maughan reckons not one supporter he has spoken to all week  had backed the players, also he reckoned that there was never a problem in the set up, in fact it was never better over the past few years. Then the " two or three" troublemakers in the dressing room was mentioned, who's agenda was he serving today I wonder?

First thing the Tanned One ever said that I could get behind ;D

moysider

What would you expect from the man that was pulling the strings behind the scenes all year ;) A bit of bitterness.

The man that was 'the outsider influence in the dressing room' the players were complaining about.

He's talking bollocks there. Needs to lick his wounds and step back into the shadows.

Captain Obvious

The plot thickens?

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 03, 2015, 09:19:58 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 09:31:45 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?
John Maughan isn't some Joe Blog, he is a well respected former Mayo player and manager and with his contacts within he would have a fair idea of what was going on behind scenes.

heffo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 03, 2015, 09:44:28 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?
John Maughan isn't some Joe Blog, he is a well respected former Mayo player and manager and with his contacts within he would have a fair idea of what was going on behind scenes.

Why haven't we got any details on the alleged preparation issues from this year?

muppet

Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 09:49:28 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Why haven't we got any details on the alleged preparation issues from this year?

No need. Why on earth would anyone make it public?

To quote Get Loughnane, I wouldn't even give ye the time of the throw in.

Coup over. Off with ye to the Galway hurlers thread.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on October 03, 2015, 09:55:16 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

It will leak out soon enough ladeen.

heffo

The plot thickens?

How so?

There are lots of respected Mayo figures casting doubt on the accuracy of the claims.

Are they all CB patsies?

muppet

Quote from: heffo on October 03, 2015, 10:13:38 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

There are lots of respected Mayo figures casting doubt on the accuracy of the claims.

Are they all CB patsies?

Anyone remotely connected with football in Mayo knows the score. They just don't feel the need to post it here.  :D

Other (some nearby) counties will point to this event as exactly how to go about dealing with this type of problem.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

The plot thickens?

How so?

Did you not read my previous post. He was the one advising Pat and Nole. He knew exactly what was going on. He had input.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on October 03, 2015, 10:00:19 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

It will leak out soon enough ladeen.

It's out there already!

giveballaghback

Stuart Lancaster available as of about a half hour ago, he will suit ye, likes spending money and talking s.....

Chimley

Quote from: moysider on October 03, 2015, 10:23:20 PM
The plot thickens?

How so?

Did you not read my previous post. He was the one advising Pat and Nole. He knew exactly what was going on. He had input.

John Maughan needs to get out a bit more. He obviously didn't stray too far from his mates on the county board when discussing this.