Player of the Year

Started by thewobbler, September 20, 2015, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 22, 2015, 11:18:28 AM
Where he comes from had little or nothing to do with the press he's getting; his own behaviour on the pitch on a few occasions is the reason for it. He's had a great year but there's no need for him to go on with that kind of sh*te.

It would have been poetic justice if Killian Young had scored from the thrown-in he conceded in that incident. Actually, what was the basis of the ref throwing in the ball in that instance? He initially gave a free out I thought and then changed to a hop ball after Donaghy complained about his eye

I don't think he gave a free out. As soon as he blew the whistle I thought it was a hop ball.

muppet

Quote from: westbound on September 22, 2015, 12:06:44 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 22, 2015, 11:18:28 AM
Where he comes from had little or nothing to do with the press he's getting; his own behaviour on the pitch on a few occasions is the reason for it. He's had a great year but there's no need for him to go on with that kind of sh*te.

It would have been poetic justice if Killian Young had scored from the thrown-in he conceded in that incident. Actually, what was the basis of the ref throwing in the ball in that instance? He initially gave a free out I thought and then changed to a hop ball after Donaghy complained about his eye

I don't think he gave a free out. As soon as he blew the whistle I thought it was a hop ball.

I couldn't believe Dublin took off Fenton at that moment and left MDMA in a hop ball with Donaghy. It was nearly disastrous for the Dubs.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

Quote from: Shannoncider on September 22, 2015, 09:41:30 AM
Cillian O'Connor has to be a cert, He actually scored a goal from play this year in a big game. He was getting young player of the year and an all star for just kicking frees so surely with the horn the media and "so called" pundits have for him I reckon he will get it ;) ;)

On a serious note if McMahon doesn't get it its a joke head and shoulders above any other player this year

Top scorer in Championship for 3 years in a row for Cillian. ;D

rodney trotter

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 22, 2015, 11:13:45 AM
He;s getting abuse because his behaviour was bad, for a good bit of the year. Not because he's from Ballymun. Obviously some people have negative experiences or impressions of Ballymun, but if McMahon conducted himself properly all year, and played to the same level, I can't believe he would be excluded because he's from Ballymun. If anything he'd be lauded as a role model.

If he conducted himself like his clubmate James Mcarthy all year, nothing would be said.  Mcarthy is one of the cleanest players on the Dublin team along with Dean Rock.

Captain Obvious

Last time I checked the top scorer Seán Quigley was 4 points ahead of O Connor. A goal taken away from Seán Quigley and one point added to O Connors tally? Those that had money on Seán Quigley to be top scorer can't be happy.

Nihilist

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 22, 2015, 08:34:06 PM
Last time I checked the top scorer Seán Quigley was 4 points ahead of O Connor. A goal taken away from Seán Quigley and one point added to O Connors tally? Those that had money on Seán Quigley to be top scorer can't be happy.

Was the goal the one scored against Dublin?
Probably a secret appeal.

Drummerboy

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 21, 2015, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 21, 2015, 12:26:56 PM
The only reason McMahon mightn't get it is because of some unsavoury incidents. Like him or not, if it's based on performances alone then McMahon will win it.

I agree - and because of where he's from/his background. He has had a brilliant year.

Are you suggesting there is snobbery in the GAA?

muppet

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 22, 2015, 08:34:06 PM

Last time I checked, they were level, and Fermanagh were gone from the Championship. Didn't hear anything about this goal until I saw this post.

MWWSI 2017

nrico2006

Quigley scored 3-36 and O'Connor 3-34.  One of Quigleys 3 goals was classed as the one in the Dublin game.  Is that his goal or not is the question?  If it is, he is top scorer.  If it isn't, he is second.  Either way, I doubt wither man was the top scorer from play which should be the more coveted award.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

That's Brogan. All his scores up until the final came from play.

muppet

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 23, 2015, 10:38:53 AM
Quigley scored 3-36 and O'Connor 3-34.  One of Quigleys 3 goals was classed as the one in the Dublin game.  Is that his goal or not is the question?  If it is, he is top scorer.  If it isn't, he is second.  Either way, I doubt wither man was the top scorer from play which should be the more coveted award.

Quigley didn't score any goal against Dublin.

You can't score a goal without touching the ball.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Dessie Dolan disallowed COC's goal on RTE. I don't think COC should get top goalscorer because of his antics on the pitch. Splitting lads with elbows, repeated high tackles..... ;D

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 23, 2015, 03:37:07 PM
Dessie Dolan disallowed COC's goal on RTE - until he read the rules. I don't think COC should get top goalscorer because of his antics on the pitch. Splitting lads the posts with elbows great accuracy, repeated high tackles scoring stats..... ;D

That's better.  :D
MWWSI 2017

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: muppet on September 23, 2015, 05:10:06 PM
Dessie Dolan disallowed COC's goal on RTE - until he read the rules. I don't think COC should get top goalscorer because of his antics on the pitch. Splitting lads the posts with elbows great accuracy, repeated high tackles scoring stats..... ;D

C O'C is overrated

Brian Fenton had a great season

ballinaman

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 23, 2015, 05:26:30 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 23, 2015, 05:10:06 PM

C O'C is overrated

Brian Fenton had a great season
Had 2 Dubs sitting behind say the exact same thing seconds before Cillian hit that cracker in the replay. Turned around to get a good look at them, faces were priceless. Only good thing about that day  ;D