Player of the Year

Started by thewobbler, September 20, 2015, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

Jack McCaffery for me.  Plays a big part in every game both in attack and defense, and doesn't have of of the negative stuff in his game. Was he even booked this year?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

jb81

Jack Mc'Caffrey for me too after yesterday, ahead of Kilkenny and Brogan, and Diarmuid O'Connor for YPOTY, just ahead of Mark Bradley

nrico2006

But McCaffrey was subbed very early yesterday too.  O'Shea shouldn't be in the running for it at all.  McManus obviously should if it was a real player of the year award and not the Player of the Year award (from finalists only).
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 21, 2015, 11:43:36 AM
But McCaffrey was subbed very early yesterday too.  O'Shea shouldn't be in the running for it at all.  McManus obviously should if it was a real player of the year award and not the Player of the Year award (from finalists only).

McCaffrey was in hospital for 3 days this week so it was some effort from him to play for as long and as well as he did yesterday!!

Esmarelda

O'Shea destroyed what was in front of him against Sligo and was also very good against Donegal. His goal against the latter may have been based mainly on strength but have two Donegal defenders been beaten so easily by anyone else?

He still caused danger against Dublin when they generally had three men around him.

He also keeps himself out of trouble despite the very close attention giving to him, from another candidate in particular.

yellowcard

The only reason McMahon mightn't get it is because of some unsavoury incidents. Like him or not, if it's based on performances alone then McMahon will win it.

magpie seanie

Quote from: yellowcard on September 21, 2015, 12:26:56 PM
The only reason McMahon mightn't get it is because of some unsavoury incidents. Like him or not, if it's based on performances alone then McMahon will win it.

I agree - and because of where he's from/his background. He has had a brilliant year.

JoG2

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 21, 2015, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 21, 2015, 12:26:56 PM

I agree - and because of where he's from/his background. He has had a brilliant year.

WTF?!

AZOffaly

Why would where he's from impact on whether he gets player of the year or not? His behaviour might mitigate his chances, but that's hardly related to where he comes from.

muppet

Aidan O'Sé wasn't even Mayo POTY. That would have been Lee Keegan for me.

Give it to any of the Dublin half backline, Kilkenny or Brogan, but it should never be given to a character like McMahon. In my opinion of course.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2015, 02:07:29 PM

Give it to any of the Dublin half backline, Kilkenny or Brogan, but it should never be given to a character like McMahon. In my opinion of course.

As a Dublin fan I'd have to agree.

twohands!!!

If Bernard Brogan hadn't won it before he'd be nailed on

However as he won it before I think Jack McCaffrey will get it.

Wouldnt have Philly McMahon as a serious contender at all - Cooper has been only very average this year and had looked only a shadow of himself in pretty much every game, bar the Kildare game.

J70

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 21, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
O'Shea destroyed what was in front of him against Sligo and was also very good against Donegal. His goal against the latter may have been based mainly on strength but have two Donegal defenders been beaten so easily by anyone else?

He still caused danger against Dublin when they generally had three men around him.

He also keeps himself out of trouble despite the very close attention giving to him, from another candidate in particular.

Neil McGee was injured. Not saying O'Shea might not have scored anyway, but given the way the game had gone, I'd say it was at least a factor. McGee had done well on O'Shea until Durcan cleaned him out of it late in the first half. The less said about Mark McHugh's role in attempting to stop O'Shea, the better!   :P

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2015, 02:07:29 PM

This, a thousand times this!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 21, 2015, 12:22:24 PM

Not a chance, for one he doesn't play for Dublin (All Ireland Champions) but doesn't deserve it either - not even an All star IMO
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!