Gender fluidity? What next?

Started by T Fearon, September 13, 2015, 08:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: stew on September 13, 2015, 05:10:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 13, 2015, 12:14:45 PM
Ah Big deal! Give the brave man a break. He is living his life. Not one you want for him. People take two names all the time in different circumstances. Be it nicknames, stage names, etc. Jez, Brazilian footballers usually take another name when they turn professional.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/rt%C3%A9-supportive-of-presenter-s-decision-to-be-known-as-rachel-1.2349894

How the f**k is he brave?

I am sick and tired of transgenders being called brave! FFS pick a team and be either man or woman!

He's brave because there's cûnts like you about.

Bensars

Suprised that T Fearon started this thread given his devout catholic stance ?

Manys a man in Catholic Ireland had a second name of Mary !  Brian Friel's Play "Philadelphia, Here I Come", the main character's full name was Gareth Mary O'Donnell

Its been going on for years...............next !

stew

Quote from: Syferus on September 14, 2015, 01:20:04 PM
Quote from: stew on September 13, 2015, 05:10:33 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 13, 2015, 12:14:45 PM
Ah Big deal! Give the brave man a break. He is living his life. Not one you want for him. People take two names all the time in different circumstances. Be it nicknames, stage names, etc. Jez, Brazilian footballers usually take another name when they turn professional.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/rt%C3%A9-supportive-of-presenter-s-decision-to-be-known-as-rachel-1.2349894

How the f**k is he brave?

I am sick and tired of transgenders being called brave! FFS pick a team and be either man or woman!

He's brave because there's cûnts like you about.

Shim is not brave, shim is neither man nor woman, all this shite about Bruce Jenner is nauseating, they are handing shim awards when there are far more worthy people in the world, I have no problem if Brucelyn wants to become a woman but the problem he is fond of his pecker, and wemen I know and knew most assuredly did not have a tallywacker! )

I am no threat to these people, I just thing it repugnant that they choose to have both male and female parts and it is just my opinion syphillis, no needd to get your dual gender panties in a twist! Sure it's just an opinion kid, chill.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

deiseach

Quote from: Bensars on September 14, 2015, 01:47:16 PM
Suprised that T Fearon started this thread given his devout catholic stance ?

Manys a man in Catholic Ireland had a second name of Mary !  Brian Friel's Play "Philadelphia, Here I Come", the main character's full name was Gareth Mary O'Donnell

Its been going on for years...............next !

Poor chap had bipolar disorder as well.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 14, 2015, 06:43:53 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 13, 2015, 08:50:57 AM
I see an RTE presenter wishes to be known as two Christian names one male and one female to reflect his/her gender fluidity?

Can this world get any more insane or confused?

You could believe in an invisible man in the sky taking a personal interest in the details of your life. If that's not insane or confused I don't know what is.

Or believing that eating only plants is good for your health despite evidence to the contrary, take your pick, we all have our own way of going mad Eamon ;)

Keep it relevant eh?

longballin

Joseph Mary Plunkett signatory to the 1916 Proclamation... old hat Tony... move along  ::)

AZOffaly

Gabriel Mary Byrne.

In fairness though I don't think any of those lads identified as 'fluid' gender. I find it very hard to understand too I have to say. How do you identify as a woman sometimes and a man sometimes? Feck me, it's hard enough to deal with someone who identifies as a woman all the time :)

deiseach

Gaybore certainly went on like an oul wan.

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 14, 2015, 03:03:52 PM
I see an RTE presenter wishes to be known as two Christian names one male and one female to reflect his/her gender fluidity?

You could believe in an invisible man in the sky taking a personal interest in the details of your life. If that's not insane or confused I don't know what is.

Or believing that eating only plants is good for your health despite evidence to the contrary, take your pick, we all have our own way of going mad Eamon ;)

Keep it relevant eh?

Some Catholics in Ireland believed that they HAD to have a Mary in the family. Thus if they already had a few boys they often named the next boy Mary just in case he was the last.

That, I suspect, is the reason that Plunkett and Gay Byrne etc have Mary as a second name.

So religion is relevant to this conversation.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on September 14, 2015, 03:29:48 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 14, 2015, 03:03:52 PM

Keep it relevant eh?

Some Catholics in Ireland believed that they HAD to have a Mary in the family. Thus if they already had a few boys they often named the next boy Mary just in case he was the last.

That, I suspect, is the reason that Plunkett and Gay Byrne etc have Mary as a second name.

So religion is relevant to this conversation.

The belief in the existence of a deity ain't relevant.

Besides having a male having a female name is by no means exclusive to someone's faith, nor does it make it any less ludicrous.

Plus its alot different to having a changing gender identity that you want others to adhere too depending on your mood.

The Iceman

And the wave continues...... Transgender is the new gay....we'll be on this train for another few years until every TV show has a token transgender person and then we'll look for another group of something to champion.....the brave brave souls
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

deiseach

Quote from: The Iceman on September 14, 2015, 04:14:21 PM
And the wave continues...... Transgender is the new gay....we'll be on this train for another few years until every TV show has a token transgender person and then we'll look for another group of something to champion.....the brave brave souls

If that happened, you'd have a point.

But it won't.

Bingo

Coronation Street had one for years FFS.....old news. And I'm sure that Fair city has a team of extras that change between male and female as the need arises judging by the heads on some of them.

gallsman

Your paranoia knows no bounds, does it? What were gays the new version of? Blacks? Damn then and their right not to be harassed for simply being who they are!

Franko

Is this person's issue that they are not sure what sex they are or is it that sometimes they feel like a woman and sometimes like a man?