Gender fluidity? What next?

Started by T Fearon, September 13, 2015, 08:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I see an RTE presenter wishes to be known as two Christian names one male and one female to reflect his/her gender fluidity?

Can this world get any more insane or confused?

From the Bunker

Ah Big deal! Give the brave man a break. He is living his life. Not one you want for him. People take two names all the time in different circumstances. Be it nicknames, stage names, etc. Jez, Brazilian footballers usually take another name when they turn professional.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/rt%C3%A9-supportive-of-presenter-s-decision-to-be-known-as-rachel-1.2349894

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on September 13, 2015, 08:50:57 AM
I see an RTE presenter wishes to be known as two Christian names one male and one female to reflect his/her gender fluidity?

Is that fruitcake back on Telly Bingo?

ziggysego

What odds is it to you what someone does in their private life or how they wish to be identified?
Testing Accessibility

Sandy Hill

+ + 1
"Stercus accidit"

stew

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 13, 2015, 12:14:45 PM
Ah Big deal! Give the brave man a break. He is living his life. Not one you want for him. People take two names all the time in different circumstances. Be it nicknames, stage names, etc. Jez, Brazilian footballers usually take another name when they turn professional.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/rt%C3%A9-supportive-of-presenter-s-decision-to-be-known-as-rachel-1.2349894

How the f**k is he brave?

I am sick and tired of transgenders being called brave! FFS pick a team and be either man or woman!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: stew on September 13, 2015, 05:10:33 PM

I am sick and tired of transgenders being called brave! FFS pick a team and be either man or woman!

Ah, don't get your (Underpants or) Knickers in a twist! Of course it is brave when some one does something against the norm. If it bothers you ignore it! I don't like Golf, so when it come on the telly. I turn over. Simple. There are people who love it Golf, off with them! They do me no harm and it doesn't affect me.

BennyCake

Lol @ pick a team.

screenexile

Oraisteach

What next, Tony?  How about tolerance?  No one is asking you to choose between Spurs and Armagh.  You like them both.  You're bi-sect-ual, I'd say.

omaghjoe

This is a funny one,

So trans-gender trans-sexual I get, understand a little about and have sympathy for. They are people that feel they are born into the wrong body and is often has been the case since they were children. Opens a whole new line of thought on the monism pluralism debate if you ask me! ;)

Trannies, crossdressers and drag queens are a different kettle of fish tho. From what I understand they are just doing it to express themselves/ bit of craic/ seeking attention. And that's fine and well usually (think about poor Stephen Rea! :D) not really doing any harm either.

My understanding is admitally basic/vague but I always thought that part of the philosophy of why they do it, was that they dont see the gender barrier as a big deal. If this is the case for this chap it would be very strange then to also see the gender barrier to be a big enough deal that he wants other people to know him as a male some of the time and a female some of the time. Therefore it leads me on to suspect that perhaps the the whole thing is an attention seeking exercise. And prehaps to confirm this, he declares that "he doesn't want any newspaper to dictate when he wants to talk about himself". WTF is he on about ::)

Eamonnca1

You could believe in an invisible man in the sky taking a personal interest in the details of your life. If that's not insane or confused I don't know what is.

Rufus T Firefly

;D

deiseach

What next? Christians practicing this message: 'Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another'.

Okay, that would be ridiculous.