AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on September 06, 2015, 03:45:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2015, 03:36:22 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 06, 2015, 03:03:55 PM

I think Mayo are now further away from winning the All Ireland than two years ago. A few here feared they peaked in 2013 they could be right. Not good enough defensively more than a lack of scoring power is why this Mayo panel of players haven't won Sam in my opinion.

In fairness, last year was our year. But the gods conspired against us banged Aidan's and Cillians head together and handed us the most biased Referee in the history of the GAA in an away provincial venue. You could not script it. But hey we'll go away lick our wounds and take stock. People say we got no one new this year. I beg to differ. Parsons is no longer a bit player. We also have blooded Durcan and Diarmuid O'Connor at a very high level. This week will have stood hugely to those players.

The younger O'Connor was starting last year. You also seem to have lost Jason Gibbons down the cracks.

Ah, he got an hour or so against ye. And he was out of this debt at the time. Could have been cast away. Probably being Cillian's brother helped him. Anyway he has grown this year. A great addition like Durcan. And Parsons is like a new signing as they'd say in Soccer.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 06, 2015, 06:06:11 PM
You can clearly see the ball has switched hands before any contact with O'Connor therefore it's a free out.

The complete misunderstanding of this rule bugs the shit out of me. This was not a foul. You get gulpins shouting this at every game at every level without ever knowing the rule itself. A bit like "show ball" which is another nonsense!
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2015, 07:08:36 PM
You can clearly see the ball has switched hands before any contact with O'Connor therefore it's a free out.

The complete misunderstanding of this rule bugs the shit out of me. This was not a foul. You get gulpins shouting this at every game at every level without ever knowing the rule itself. A bit like "show ball" which is another nonsense!

Indeed . . . Someone actually shouted "two man tackle" in the bar the other night!

blanketattack

Coc would have been better off going down and getting a penalty and a black card for Cluxton.

omaghjoe

I thought initially that he threw it from one hand to the other, which is a foul.

The GIF above does not show it clearly but I had a look at it again on another replay and he definitely did not throw the ball from one hand to the other, both hands where on the ball when he switched hands.

In my head I must have thought that the way he threw it up to kick it was when he changed hands but he didnt, and throwing it up to kick it in that way was perfectly legal

Legit goal, end of argument!

vallankumous

Quote from: blanketattack on September 06, 2015, 07:13:42 PM
Coc would have been better off going down and getting a penalty and a black card for Cluxton.

He did go down

bucko

Quote from: vallankumous on September 06, 2015, 08:37:11 PM

He did go down
And still got the shot off.

BennyHarp

Should Cluxton not have got a black card anyway? COC actually performing a great piece of skill to score the goal is irrelevant to the fact that he was taken down quite cynically.

muppet

Read the rule.

You can change hands with the ball as long as the original hand remains in contact with the ball until the change has been completed. In english that means you can't throw it from one hand to the other or there must be an instant where both hands are touching the ball during the change.

Anyway, back to the game. Well done Dublin, when you got the momentum you made it count, unlike us when we were 4 points up and flying, and also last week.

No point in any post-mortem for us at this stage. We have all winter for that.

Good luck to the Dubs in the final.

And well done to Eddie Kinsella.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2015, 08:48:15 PM

Should Cluxton not have got a black card anyway? COC actually performing a great piece of skill to score the goal is irrelevant to the fact that he was taken down quite cynically.

Ah, let it go! Probably yes. But it would have been really harsh. Time to talk about the final.

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2015, 08:52:14 PM

Ah, let it go! Probably yes. But it would have been really harsh. Time to talk about the final.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I could care less about Mayo.  :D I just genuinely wonder what the rule interpretation is on this instance. Cluxton clearly fouls him but the goal was scored, yes it would be harsh but it really shouldn't be open to that sort of interpretation. If the offence was committed then the card should be shown.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 06, 2015, 08:59:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2015, 08:52:14 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong, I could care less about Mayo.  :D I just genuinely wonder what the rule interpretation is on this instance. Cluxton clearly fouls him but the goal was scored, yes it would be harsh but it really shouldn't be open to that sort of interpretation. If the offence was committed then the card should be shown.

Yeah, i agree the intent is there to cynically stop a score. God knows the GAA are such a mess with rules they probably have not thought of the scenario where a player cynically fouled actually scores. And beyond that comment i don't care. Because the GAA don't care and will wing it until the next Tiernan McCann sorta media driven issue arises and issue a 8 week ban which will be overturned.

From the Bunker

Knowing our luck, Cluxton would have got a yellow and Cillian would have missed the penalty.  :P

joemamas

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2015, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 06, 2015, 03:45:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2015, 03:36:22 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 06, 2015, 03:03:55 PM

I think Mayo are now further away from winning the All Ireland than two years ago. A few here feared they peaked in 2013 they could be right. Not good enough defensively more than a lack of scoring power is why this Mayo panel of players haven't won Sam in my opinion.

In fairness, last year was our year. But the gods conspired against us banged Aidan's and Cillians head together and handed us the most biased Referee in the history of the GAA in an away provincial venue. You could not script it. But hey we'll go away lick our wounds and take stock. People say we got no one new this year. I beg to differ. Parsons is no longer a bit player. We also have blooded Durcan and Diarmuid O'Connor at a very high level. This week will have stood hugely to those players.

The younger O'Connor was starting last year. You also seem to have lost Jason Gibbons down the cracks.

Ah, he got an hour or so against ye. And he was out of this debt at the time. Could have been cast away. Probably being Cillian's brother helped him. Anyway he has grown this year. A great addition like Durcan. And Parsons is like a new signing as they'd say in Soccer.

Heard from a very reliable source that Tom Parsons fractured his thumb mid week at training

regal

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 06, 2015, 09:38:53 PM

Knowing our luck, Cluxton would have got a yellow and Cillian would have missed the penalty.  :P

Nothing to do with luck I'm afraid.

Why did you not go with the young lads such as Durcan, drake and coen? Surely they would have been a better bet than the tried and failed vaughan, Doherty etc?