AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 04, 2015, 10:21:49 AM
Paddy Power still has us as favourites so someone thinks we'll win.

They've Dublin at 10/11, it's barely favourites, 10/11 is the same odds they'd give onei each outcome of a coin toss.

blanketattack

I wonder will we see banners like this on the hill tomorrow...

Maybe "Mayo refugees welcome"

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 04, 2015, 11:43:45 AM
A lost cause now, hard enough to compete against the 16 men of the mighty Mayo but without the second best player in the country after Superman , Mayo 3-14 Dublin 1-09.

Enjoy the match lads.

Come on where is the Dublin fight. Can't be hanging out the White flag like that? What would our brethren of '16 think? and ye that stand so proudly game after game on a Terrace dedicated to them. After all them couple of boys took on an Empire! Ye have to take on a couple of Country boys on ye're own turf and ye are running like frightened chickens. Come on now, chest out, head up and no more of your sh1te. Ciaran Whealn (aka the Roman march '06) would be ashamed of ya!

straightred

Quote from: blanketattack on September 04, 2015, 11:50:58 AM

They've Dublin at 10/11, it's barely favourites, 10/11 is the same odds they'd give onei each outcome of a coin toss.

I still fancy Dublin. They have the likes of A Brogan and Kevin McMenenman to bring in alongside 5 other strong forwards. DC is a loss but they have the pieces to work around it. They'll also have 2 midfielders from the start which will help. Have Mayo found forwards who can score form play during the week ? Dubs by 4

Teo Lurley

Dublin to win this easily. They feel they're hard done by, (obviously they were the instigators in all the off the ball stuff, their player threw a punch at Keegan, their player dived, their player head butted O'Shea, their player threw a few punches at Boyle) I think they're used to getting their own way and they don't like when things go against them. This will fire them up though, they have Mayo on their own patch and I can't see them losing.

JoG2

Quote from: Teo Lurley on September 04, 2015, 01:15:32 PM
Dublin to win this easily. They feel they're hard done by, (obviously they were the instigators in all the off the ball stuff, their player threw a punch at Keegan, their player dived, their player head butted O'Shea, their player threw a few punches at Boyle) I think they're used to getting their own way and they don't like when things go against them. This will fire them up though, they have Mayo on their own patch and I can't see them losing.

they were too fired up last weekend, their kamikaze tackling was incredibly rash,  much like a big strong rugby player at his first ever football training session. They need to reign that in first and work from that as C O'C will punish them

Mayo by 10

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2015, 11:50:48 AM

When are Dublin not favourites with the bookies though?

I don't think we'll be favourites against Kerry. Though having Connolly back by then will help.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Farrandeelin

Quote from: straightred on September 04, 2015, 12:29:25 PM

I still fancy Dublin. They have the likes of A Brogan and Kevin McMenenman to bring in alongside 5 other strong forwards. DC is a loss but they have the pieces to work around it. They'll also have 2 midfielders from the start which will help. Have Mayo found forwards who can score form play during the week ? Dubs by 4

This I agree with. I amn't sure Mayo will improve that much in a week, especially in the forwards. Depends if Bastick is brought in early or not. Bernard Brogan must be loving this week. He's not mentioned at all and could be back to his potent best this weekend.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Lee Keegan will pick him up, and both of them will be sent off inside 20 minutes.

INDIANA

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 04, 2015, 11:43:45 AM
A lost cause now, hard enough to compete against the 16 men of the mighty Mayo but without the second best player in the country after Superman , Mayo 3-14 Dublin 1-09.

Enjoy the match lads.

Agreed we've no hope now . With the fringe and " the best forward ...sorry free taker in Ireland and with Haircut 100 driving them from the back its hard to see a Dublin win

The Stars have aligned for Mayo. Mayo 3-15 Dublin 0-7 . Poor send off for Stevie but these things rarely end well

kmac2603

Fair comments all the way.  I do think though that the best Mayo player on the pitch last Sunday was the referee.  How did he award the penalty in the last two minutes?  Everyone in the ground except him knew it was never a peno.

screenexile

Quote from: straightred on September 04, 2015, 12:29:25 PM

If the Dublin lads would stop fouling them so close in I'd say they'll improve their score from play stats!

Declan

QuoteIf the Dublin lads would stop fouling them so close in I'd say they'll improve their score from play stats!

Wasn't so much fouling close it was the moaning that made Joe bring a lot of them forward to make them more scoreable. Foul away boys but keep it outside the 45 ;)

Denn Forever

This I agree with. I amn't sure Mayo will improve that much in a week, especially in the forwards. Depends if Bastick is brought in early or not. Bernard Brogan must be loving this week. He's not mentioned at all and could be back to his potent best this weekend.

We could have the Alan and Bernard show.  Sneaky feeling Dublin will do it this time.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

JoG2

Quote from: kmac2603 on September 04, 2015, 01:45:33 PM
Fair comments all the way.  I do think though that the best Mayo player on the pitch last Sunday was the referee.  How did he award the penalty in the last two minutes?  Everyone in the ground except him knew it was never a peno.

ah hem, you tackle the football, you do not ride roughshod over an opposition player, especially in the box and then punch him a couple of times from behind whilst he's unable to defend himself...no, that wouldn't be the wisest thing to do. Anyhoo, the Dublin penalty was definitely not a penalty, so, penalty wise, youse done rightly all things considered