AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Hound on September 03, 2015, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 03, 2015, 09:31:57 PM
How is Rory O'Carroll? Is he going to be able to participate in any way on Sunday? Has he the stitches taken out?
I've done my best to keep away from any of the nonsense on the thread, but I do find it very odd the way some have been belittling and joking about O'Carroll's injury. Not getting stitches doesn't disregard the fact that he suffered a serious facial injury that required him to leave the field after only 5 mins. And while the exact extent of the injury has not been made public, it clearly was severe enough for him not to be able to return to the field.

They are belittiling him because he's a Dub. It's the way this website works- we're just fair game.

That's fine by me- the rules have been defined here.

mrhardyannual

Agree totally with AZOffaly. Carrolls injury was the most accidental of all on Sunday (excepting the two Dubs who ran into each other). He got caught by a flailing arm and not an elbow as suggested by others. These things happen in games and are not the same as deliberate punches, kicks etc. I hope Carroll plays and as I posted earlier, I wouldnt be distraught if Connolly plays because (like Keegan last year) he'll find it hard to get focussed.

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 03, 2015, 10:52:18 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 10:40:24 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 03, 2015, 10:34:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 10:28:01 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 03, 2015, 10:06:28 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 03, 2015, 09:55:19 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 09:41:23 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border on September 03, 2015, 09:21:36 PM
Does Sober Paddy have a video of Dermo's assault on Diarmuid O'Connor in the second half. This assault involved the knee, the elbow, the fist as he forced the 19 year old's head into the Croke Park turf before grabbing him by the throat. There was absolutely no retaliation. You don't need a secretly uncovered video. It was caught live on national tv cameras. No labels needed either. The nature and extent of the thuggery was self explanatory. There was a nice video of Jonny Cooper also.

Cillian O Connor is a lucky boy. Gave a man a closed eye and punched another player when he had his back turned and on the ground.

And he refereed the game as well. He's some man for one man

You Dublin fellas do some moaning, imagine if you actually lose! As a neutral, it's very amusing to see the revisionism that you have bought to what actually happened on Sunday.

I agree, barely a post accepting they were over the top. They've posted the same old drivel on the hour every hour since Sunday evening.

You're happy when you get everything your own way on this website.

Well the tide has turned now. We're going to war from now on

Now you're just embarrassing yourself!

Invest in some armour Benny. You're going to need it.

Are you drunk? :-[

Go lie down, wait until Saturday and just enjoy the game. You are clearly cracking up under the pressure....a bit like your team does actually.

chillaxed Benny- . Just rocking out to the Saw Doctors Greatest Hits.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
How is Rory O'Carroll? Is he going to be able to participate in any way on Sunday? Has he the stitches taken out?
I've done my best to keep away from any of the nonsense on the thread, but I do find it very odd the way some have been belittling and joking about O'Carroll's injury. Not getting stitches doesn't disregard the fact that he suffered a serious facial injury that required him to leave the field after only 5 mins. And while the exact extent of the injury has not been made public, it clearly was severe enough for him not to be able to return to the field.

They are belittiling him because he's a Dub. It's the way this website works- we're just fair game.

Ah come on Indy, the persecution complex doesn't wash. You could argue that 3 or 4 lads should have been in trouble after the first game, from both sides, but Connolly's red card is nailed on.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 03, 2015, 10:52:18 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 10:40:24 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 03, 2015, 10:34:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 10:28:01 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 03, 2015, 10:06:28 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 03, 2015, 09:55:19 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 09:41:23 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border on September 03, 2015, 09:21:36 PM
Does Sober Paddy have a video of Dermo's assault on Diarmuid O'Connor in the second half. This assault involved the knee, the elbow, the fist as he forced the 19 year old's head into the Croke Park turf before grabbing him by the throat. There was absolutely no retaliation. You don't need a secretly uncovered video. It was caught live on national tv cameras. No labels needed either. The nature and extent of the thuggery was self explanatory. There was a nice video of Jonny Cooper also.

Cillian O Connor is a lucky boy. Gave a man a closed eye and punched another player when he had his back turned and on the ground.

And he refereed the game as well. He's some man for one man

You Dublin fellas do some moaning, imagine if you actually lose! As a neutral, it's very amusing to see the revisionism that you have bought to what actually happened on Sunday.

I agree, barely a post accepting they were over the top. They've posted the same old drivel on the hour every hour since Sunday evening.

You're happy when you get everything your own way on this website.

Well the tide has turned now. We're going to war from now on

Now you're just embarrassing yourself!

Invest in some armour Benny. You're going to need it.

Are you drunk? :-[

Go lie down, wait until Saturday and just enjoy the game. You are clearly cracking up under the pressure....a bit like your team does actually.

chillaxed Benny- . Just rocking out to the Saw Doctors Greatest Hits.

N17 must be up there. ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: venter on September 03, 2015, 10:54:49 AM
Moysider,  why do you suggest that Evan regan is probably not under consideration? Has he played recent club championship games for ballina?
I think the reality is that we need to get a sharp quick forward up beside o'shea. An unknown like regan might be able to bring something different. Has he the physical strength to be able to handle himself against a very well conditioned dublin back line?

The reason that I have suggested that is because he was not in the 26 the last day. What difference is 6 days going to make?

He's played club 6 weeks ago and afaik he's had no setback with that injury. Unfair to speculate and anyway it would be a huge call for management to parachute him in now.

Unfortunately, the last day, when we had a chance or 2 to put Dublin away at the death, we didn't have the last forward impact from the bench able to deliver the kill shot. That may haunt us for a while.

But it looks like Dillon and Regan were not right for whatever reasons last Sunday and it's hard to see much change in 6 days. 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on September 03, 2015, 11:03:14 PM
Moysider,  why do you suggest that Evan regan is probably not under consideration? Has he played recent club championship games for ballina?
I think the reality is that we need to get a sharp quick forward up beside o'shea. An unknown like regan might be able to bring something different. Has he the physical strength to be able to handle himself against a very well conditioned dublin back line?

The reason that I have suggested that is because he was not in the 26 the last day. What difference is 6 days going to make?

He's played club 6 weeks ago and afaik he's had no setback with that injury. Unfair to speculate and anyway it would be a huge call for management to parachute him in now.

Unfortunately, the last day, when we had a chance or 2 to put Dublin away at the death, we didn't have the last forward impact from the bench able to deliver the kill shot. That may haunt us for a while.

But it looks like Dillon and Regan were not right for whatever reasons last Sunday and it's hard to see much change in 6 days.

Mayo's bad misses in the third quarter when we were turning the screw at midfield could yet be the undoing of us. Dublin got the second goal soon after, if Mayo had got those four/five shots that went wide or dropped short I feel it would have set Mayo up earlier than the last ten minute comeback. It's all opinion however, as they didn't go over but I think they could be very costly.

Anyway, oíche mhaith muintir gaaboard.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

annapr

You're some hyprocrite.
Have you apologised to ballinaman yet?  ;D
You made a show of yourself there..!

ballinaman

Ah leave him off, testing times for INDIANA. Tis only a game of ball like.

INDIANA

Quote from: annapr on September 03, 2015, 11:07:55 PM

You're some hyprocrite.
Have you apologised to ballinaman yet?  ;D
You made a show of yourself there..!

Nothing to apologise for. I love the mystic meg diagnosis however - despite never having being in contact with the patient.

If he's that good- he could get a Dr Phil slot.

rrhf

Have to admit aidan O se will be crucial to mayo success, but surely he is entitled to more protection from the referees.  Dubs got away with blue murder last Sunday. 

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on September 03, 2015, 11:21:42 PM
Have to admit aidan O se will be crucial to mayo success, but surely he is entitled to more protection from the referees.  Dubs got away with blue murder last Sunday.

We've offered him the option of keeping a hair brush behind the goal so between plays he can style his fringe

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 03, 2015, 11:06:46 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 03, 2015, 11:03:14 PM

Mayo's bad misses in the third quarter when we were turning the screw at midfield could yet be the undoing of us. Dublin got the second goal soon after, if Mayo had got those four/five shots that went wide or dropped short I feel it would have set Mayo up earlier than the last ten minute comeback. It's all opinion however, as they didn't go over but I think they could be very costly.

Anyway, oíche mhaith muintir gaaboard.

True. If we had nailed a few of those chances the second Dublin goal would not have been as devastating as it looked like it was going to be.

But the lack of composure at the end bothers me more. We had all the momentum and we had possession, field position and chances. We are a battle hardened outfit and should have finished the job when that late push had Dublin teetering on the brink. 

squire_in_navy_slacks

Any time now we should hear if Connolly is cleared to play, ridiculous time for meetings.................. I'd say big Aidan is tucked in with sheamie and their favourite teddies  ;)