AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 08:54:30 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2015, 08:33:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 08:10:13 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 02, 2015, 07:03:13 PM
Connolly 8/15 not to get off, 11/8 to get off.

There is a video doing the rounds showing Connolly nailing Diarmuid O'Connor as well. It is part of a compilation which is very biased in favour of the Mayo POV, but the clip with Connolly on DOC is unambiguous. There is just one protagonist. If the appeal board sees that, if anything the suspension might be increased.

Like Cillian's dig on Connolly when he was lying on the ground. Careful what you wish for

Have you seen the gif above?   ;D ;D ;D ;D There is as much chance of you and me getting banned for Saturday as there is for Cillian O'Connor.

'Dig'?

'Gouge'??

'11 stitches'???

It is so desperate at this stage it is comedy gold.

Ha ha we'll see how funny it is when you're pointing you car up the N17 on Saturday evening singing "what's another year"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vccwzuttIQY

Farrandeelin

I think that both teams have room for improvement, it's the one who improves more that will win obviously. I'm afraid that Dublin will have built up a siege mentality after the bad press they've got all week and they will come out all guns blazing once again. If Mayo play like they did for most of the game last week, then it's curtains. If however Mayo can stop Dublin getting early momentum, by pushing up on Cluxton's kickouts (that might not be enough if Bastick is starting) then it'll make it interesting to say the least.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2015, 09:23:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 04:10:55 PM
A couple of the Dub posters here have lost a lot of credibility. But the rest haven't. The supporters I met after the match were terrific. My little lad (6) was completely overcome with emotion by the end (the rollercoaster finish overloaded him) and some Dublin lads came over talking to him asking what was wrong. You just don't get that interaction against other counties, never mind at other sports.

Sorry muppet but that's just a load of balls.
Whatever about other sports but to say you wouldn't get that from someone from another county is nonsense.
That's only feeding into this notion that Dublin fans are the best supporters in Ireland. A notion promoted by Dublin fans themselves  ::)

Like fcuk they are. You take out the boo boys,day trippers,sunshine followers and all them and you are left with a hardcore of good fans the same as you would get in any other county,no different no better.And yes you get all the above with other counties also before anyone has a canary.

Anyway that young lad of yours was probably only crying because he realised you were going to force him into wearing a Mayo jersey again next Saturday  :)

I don't agree with you often but +100

Best I've seen this year were easily Fermanagh's supporters but most every county has a lot of good supporters when something similar could/would happen.

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2015, 09:24:11 PM

There is a video doing the rounds showing Connolly nailing Diarmuid O'Connor as well. It is part of a compilation which is very biased in favour of the Mayo POV, but the clip with Connolly on DOC is unambiguous. There is just one protagonist. If the appeal board sees that, if anything the suspension might be increased.

Like Cillian's dig on Connolly when he was lying on the ground. Careful what you wish for

Have you seen the gif above?   ;D ;D ;D ;D There is as much chance of you and me getting banned for Saturday as there is for Cillian O'Connor.

'Dig'?

'Gouge'??

'11 stitches'???

Ha ha we'll see how funny it is when you're pointing you car up the N17 on Saturday evening singing "what's another year"

Once again a Dub proves he knows nothing about the Geography of Ireland. The N17 road is a national primary road in Ireland, and is part of the Atlantic Corridor route. It begins in County Galway and ends in County Sligo.

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 09:32:55 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2015, 09:23:40 PM
A couple of the Dub posters here have lost a lot of credibility. But the rest haven't. The supporters I met after the match were terrific. My little lad (6) was completely overcome with emotion by the end (the rollercoaster finish overloaded him) and some Dublin lads came over talking to him asking what was wrong. You just don't get that interaction against other counties, never mind at other sports.

Sorry muppet but that's just a load of balls.
Whatever about other sports but to say you wouldn't get that from someone from another county is nonsense.
That's only feeding into this notion that Dublin fans are the best supporters in Ireland. A notion promoted by Dublin fans themselves  ::)

Like fcuk they are. You take out the boo boys,day trippers,sunshine followers and all them and you are left with a hardcore of good fans the same as you would get in any other county,no different no better.And yes you get all the above with other counties also before anyone has a canary.

Anyway that young lad of yours was probably only crying because he realised you were going to force him into wearing a Mayo jersey again next Saturday  :)

I don't agree with you often but +100

Best I've seen this year were easily Fermanagh's supporters but most every county has a lot of good supporters when something similar could/would happen.
Maybe you should agree with me more often,it would mean you were right most of the time instead of always being wrong.  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2015, 09:35:54 PM

'Dig'?

'Gouge'??

'11 stitches'???

Once again a Dub proves he knows nothing about the Geography of Ireland. The N17 road is a national primary road in Ireland, and is part of the Atlantic Corridor route. It begins in County Galway and ends in County Sligo.

;D ;D ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2015, 09:35:54 PM

'Dig'?

'Gouge'??

'11 stitches'???

Not having the greatest time of it are you Indy.

And I wish I was on the N17, stone walls and the grass is green.. travelling with just my thoughts and dreams.

Bensars

In other disciplinary news, both Dublin and Armagh have both been fined €6,500 after they lost their respective appeals for a charge of disruptive behaviour in a challenge match in June.       

moysider

Both sets of supporters will feel that there are many bad mistakes that can be easily ironed out for Saturday and both will be optimistic. But for us it is all about getting the right gameplay in place, from the start, and then selecting the personnel to deliver it. And that is easier said than done. Do we push up and start Andy? He consistently makes the biggest impact when introduced so I would rather hold him till later. I would consider starting Freeman personally.

If we are going for our running game as plan A, or joint plan A with the long ball, then Patrick Durkan must be worth a look. He carried very well when he came on. Keeper is a big call. Hennelly did nothing wrong and made two big saves when called upon. As an aside it seems tough on a keeper who makes a diving save, not to be able to touch the ball while on the ground. The 2nd goal came from this situation and something similar happened to Clarke against Donegal, although he conceded a free.

We need more forwards involved in open play though. Considering how physical the last day was I am not sure it is the place for a Mikey Sweeney type player, or even Alan Dillon. Holmes seems to like playing big men close to goal so I am guessing Freeman, although they could do something from left field like they did with Drake. Maybe Regan, or Danny Kirby considering the physicality?

We definitely need more from our half forward line in terms of attacking themselves and/or supporting AOS. But then they are kept busy chasing the runners the other direction.

Hopefully we are talking more about football after this one, I have a funny feeling though that this could be very close again. What odds on another draw?

Hmmmm. He flipped at one high ball. Drilled one kick-out straight out to a Dub standing alone. His last kick-out was rash and could have cost the game. If he had gone short there was time to build through the hands with the extra man. Lacks composure afaic.

The Aristocrat

Believe it or believe it not , the most bias human on the planet actually thinks Connolly should not be suspended for the replay writing in today's herald, he must have realised his bias errors on the Sunday game. What Mayo person wants a soft victory anyway with the best player in the country playing, other than superman of course.  Kevin McStay closet Dubs fan?

rrhf

Going into the replay the dubs know what they have to do to win. If they can work hard on their defence to ensure no punching stamping pulling sledging snarling and biting they should concede less frees and therefore the win.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 09:59:21 PM
Believe it or believe it not , the most bias human on the planet actually thinks Connolly should not be suspended for the replay writing in today's herald, he must have realised his bias errors on the Sunday game. What Mayo person wants a soft victory anyway with the best player in the country playing, other than superman of course.  Kevin McStay closet Dubs fan?

A punch is a punch, a punch is a red card, it doesn't matter who started what, who did what, who should have been sent off or who else was let off - he punched him, its a red card offense, he shouldn't get off - accept that
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2015, 10:14:18 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 09:59:21 PM

A punch is a punch, a punch is a red card, it doesn't matter who started what, who did what, who should have been sent off or who else was let off - he punched him, its a red card offense, he shouldn't get off - accept that

Agus your punching brigade ?