AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Connolly 8/15 not to get off, 11/8 to get off.

Syferus

Quote from: mayoman dan on September 02, 2015, 06:59:01 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2015, 06:26:54 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on September 02, 2015, 06:24:57 PM
Any word on Cunniffe?

I think he is doubtful

With Vaughan out aswell were getting short on numbers and options back there.Id imagine Durcan will replace Vaughan and Barrett will keep his place.Id play Mc Loughlin as the sweeper and start either Regan or Freeman alongside Aiden.Andy must be kept as the impact sub he lifts the crowd and the team when hes brought in.

Do ye really have the luxury of leaving Andy on the bench? Half of the starting forwards were totally anonymous attacking or defending on Sunday.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 07:48:19 PM
Any word on Cunniffe?

I think he is doubtful

With Vaughan out aswell were getting short on numbers and options back there.Id imagine Durcan will replace Vaughan and Barrett will keep his place.Id play Mc Loughlin as the sweeper and start either Regan or Freeman alongside Aiden.Andy must be kept as the impact sub he lifts the crowd and the team when hes brought in.

Do ye really have the luxury of leaving Andy on the bench? Half of the starting forwards were totally anonymous attacking or defending on Sunday.

I think we do.I dont think Andy has a full 70 mins in him.Freeman and Regan would be more natural forwards so i would start 1 and use Mc Loughlin as the sweeper.

muppet

Quote from: blanketattack on September 02, 2015, 07:03:13 PM

There is a video doing the rounds showing Connolly nailing Diarmuid O'Connor as well. It is part of a compilation which is very biased in favour of the Mayo POV, but the clip with Connolly on DOC is unambiguous. There is just one protagonist. If the appeal board sees that, if anything the suspension might be increased.
MWWSI 2017

Nihilist

Quote from: Syferus on September 02, 2015, 07:48:19 PM
Any word on Cunniffe?

I think he is doubtful

Hard to know the answer to that one.
Maybe start him, drop Doherty and keep him for second half along with Freeman.

Although the match is perfectly set for Freeman.
Could be his redemption or the finish of his career.

Nihilist

Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 08:10:13 PM

There is a video doing the rounds showing Connolly nailing Diarmuid O'Connor as well. It is part of a compilation which is very biased in favour of the Mayo POV, but the clip with Connolly on DOC is unambiguous. There is just one protagonist. If the appeal board sees that, if anything the suspension might be increased.

Brutal picture in today's Connacht telegraph showing Connolly  shoving Diarmuid O'Connors head into the ground. Happened before he got sent off.

mayoman dan

[/quote]

Hard to know the answer to that one.
Maybe start him, drop Doherty and keep him for second half along with Freeman.

Although the match is perfectly set for Freeman.
Could be his redemption or the finish of his career.
[/quote]

I dont think we can start dropping Doherty.Massive workrate and usually good for a point or two.Could we play Doherty closer to goal hes a brilliant finisher?

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 02, 2015, 06:32:05 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2015, 06:29:08 PM
For their own sake the CCCC need uphold Diarmuid Connollys red because after Keane getting off if he gets off its getting towards the stage where they have to let everyone off

Get real lad, double standards

How? Kevin Keanes red shouldn't have been overturned and Diarmuid Connollys red shouldn't be
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

INDIANA

Like Cillian's dig on Connolly when he was lying on the ground. Careful what you wish for

Nihilist

Quote from: Nihilist on September 02, 2015, 08:14:40 PM

Brutal picture in today's Connacht telegraph showing Connolly  shoving Diarmuid O'Connors head into the ground. Happened before he got sent off.

Can see it here.
http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1048076/

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2015, 08:24:08 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 02, 2015, 06:32:05 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2015, 06:29:08 PM
For their own sake the CCCC need uphold Diarmuid Connollys red because after Keane getting off if he gets off its getting towards the stage where they have to let everyone off

Get real lad, double standards

How? Kevin Keanes red shouldn't have been overturned and Diarmuid Connollys red shouldn't be

Not to worry - even if Diarmuid's appeal fails he'll still be available for the final.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on September 02, 2015, 08:33:11 PM

Like Cillian's dig on Connolly when he was lying on the ground. Careful what you wish for

Have you seen the gif above?   ;D ;D ;D ;D There is as much chance of you and me getting banned for Saturday as there is for Cillian O'Connor.

'Dig'?

'Gouge'??

'11 stitches'???

It is so desperate at this stage it is comedy gold.

MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

I see Aslan have been lined up to play before throw in. That'll get the Hill in full voice.
Terrible bias, GAA display their anti-Mayo agenda etc etc
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on September 02, 2015, 09:06:03 PM
I see Aslan have been lined up to play before throw in. That'll get the Hill in full voice.
Terrible bias, GAA display their anti-Mayo agenda etc etc

How can i protect you in this crazy world.

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 04:10:55 PM
A couple of the Dub posters here have lost a lot of credibility. But the rest haven't. The supporters I met after the match were terrific. My little lad (6) was completely overcome with emotion by the end (the rollercoaster finish overloaded him) and some Dublin lads came over talking to him asking what was wrong. You just don't get that interaction against other counties, never mind at other sports.

Sorry muppet but that's just a load of balls.
Whatever about other sports but to say you wouldn't get that from someone from another county is nonsense.
That's only feeding into this notion that Dublin fans are the best supporters in Ireland. A notion promoted by Dublin fans themselves  ::)

Like fcuk they are. You take out the boo boys,day trippers,sunshine followers and all them and you are left with a hardcore of good fans the same as you would get in any other county,no different no better.And yes you get all the above with other counties also before anyone has a canary.

Anyway that young lad of yours was probably only crying because he realised you were going to force him into wearing a Mayo jersey again next Saturday  :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.