AIFSF Replay Mayo v Dublin, Sat 5th Sept. HQ.

Started by highorlow, September 01, 2015, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

QuoteMy little lad (6) was completely overcome with emotion by the end (the rollercoaster finish overloaded him) and some Dublin lads came over talking to him asking what was wrong. You just don't get that interaction against other counties, never mind at other sports.

I presume he was wearing the dubs colours muppet  ;) ;)

muppet

Quote from: Declan on September 02, 2015, 04:15:49 PM
QuoteMy little lad (6) was completely overcome with emotion by the end (the rollercoaster finish overloaded him) and some Dublin lads came over talking to him asking what was wrong. You just don't get that interaction against other counties, never mind at other sports.

Full Mayo kit!

I still have influence.
MWWSI 2017

blanketattack

Quote from: muppet on September 02, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Declan on September 02, 2015, 04:15:49 PM

Full Mayo kit!

I still have influence.

If it was Kerry supporters they'd have bought him chips
http://www.joe.ie/sport/pic-a-kind-gesture-by-a-kerry-fan-to-a-young-dublin-fan-at-croke-park-on-sunday/506919

muppet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=28&v=e-fTHFSjkPU

This was Cassidy's after the match. Somehow Shane Lowry was in the middle of it. Looks like great craic.
MWWSI 2017

Declan

Full Mayo kit!

I still have influence.

Wouldn't expect anything less!!!

tonto1888

Aidan O'Shea is a fantastic player but he can't do it all on his own. He needs support and he rarely got any on Sunday. Of mayo are to win they need to address this. As a Dublin supporter I hope they don't mind. FWIW, outside if all the shite I thought McMAhon did a good job on Aidan

gallsman

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 02, 2015, 12:31:01 PM
I don't no, I live in the Dublin city beside one of the biggest clubs in Dublin

Coppers? The booze would explain your inability to make anything approaching a logical statement.

Crete Boom

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 02, 2015, 05:05:34 PM
Aidan O'Shea is a fantastic player but he can't do it all on his own. He needs support and he rarely got any on Sunday. Of mayo are to win they need to address this. As a Dublin supporter I hope they don't mind. FWIW, outside if all the shite I thought McMAhon did a good job on Aidan

He did an excellent job marking him and even before O'Carroll went off it was Philly picking up Aidan and O'Carroll picking up Cillian so I would imagine if everyone is fit that will be how they will start the next day.

I think we might be better able to link our attacks by delaying the long ball into Aidan and leaving one of our half forward line in a more advanced position. Cillian will need to stay closer to Aidan as well to give him an option after he catches the ball and Aidan cannot just put the head down and try and beat the 2 or 3 Dubs that will surround him!!

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 02, 2015, 05:12:25 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 02, 2015, 05:05:34 PM

He did an excellent job marking him and even before O'Carroll went off it was Philly picking up Aidan and O'Carroll picking up Cillian so I would imagine if everyone is fit that will be how they will start the next day.

I think we might be better able to link our attacks by delaying the long ball into Aidan and leaving one of our half forward line in a more advanced position. Cillian will need to stay closer to Aidan as well to give him an option after he catches the ball and Aidan cannot just put the head down and try and beat the 2 or 3 Dubs that will surround him!!

McMahon had two guys with him at all times when AOS got the ball. And even then it looked ropey at times, He didn't do well at all I thought. If he gets caught in anything approaching space with AOS they only thing he can do is foul.

Liability to my eyes, if AOS didn't react to the Kung fu he was trying on Sunday he's unlikely to do it on Saturday either.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

muppet

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057485708&page=15

Chaos with the tickets apparently. Some people got multiple copies of their tickets.

QuoteQuote:
Originally Posted by mdwexford  View Post
Just got my tickets delivered.

Got two envelopes with the exact same two tickets inside, strange.
I got 3 envelopes... so a real set and two identical copies of each. Gonna be chaos.

QuoteOriginally Posted by PARlance  View Post
There are going to be some very serious issues on Saturday.

I've just received my four tickets for the Hill, they came with 8 replicas... same ticket numbers etc. There will be uproar and worse case... a serious overcrowding incident.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam14

For their own sake the CCCC need uphold Diarmuid Connollys red because after Keane getting off if he gets off its getting towards the stage where they have to let everyone off
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2015, 06:29:08 PM
For their own sake the CCCC need uphold Diarmuid Connollys red because after Keane getting off if he gets off its getting towards the stage where they have to let everyone off

Get real lad, double standards

mayoman dan

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 02, 2015, 06:26:54 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on September 02, 2015, 06:24:57 PM
Any word on Cunniffe?

I think he is doubtful

With Vaughan out aswell were getting short on numbers and options back there.Id imagine Durcan will replace Vaughan and Barrett will keep his place.Id play Mc Loughlin as the sweeper and start either Regan or Freeman alongside Aiden.Andy must be kept as the impact sub he lifts the crowd and the team when hes brought in.