Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 29, 2015, 06:51:58 PM
I know that's the rule, but it defies all logic. It's not a new game  :-\
Felt very unfair on Scotstown today.

To do otherwise would create a huge inequity between games with extra time and games with replays. What isn't logical is that yellow cards carry into the extra time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 29, 2015, 06:43:16 PM
Can someone please explain the logic of a team being able to return to 15 players in extra time after a sending off?  :-\
I know that's the rule. But it's a stupid rule, especially when you see Scotstown playing out the rest of the game with 14
There are two questions,
the  easy one,    explain how a team can return to 15 in ET after having a player sent off in normal time?
and an impossible one,  to explain the logic? because logic is absent.

Extra Time is not a new game but teams are allowed  to start with 15 players each, along with they are allowed to make 3 substitutions. But the player sent off in the first 60minutes can't return to the field. Yellow/black cards issued in normal time, do carry over.

Captain Obvious

Scotstown gave it their best shot and could have won it normal time however few sides in the history of club can grind out results like Crossmaglen can.

Smokin Joe

Scotstown's lack of a free taker cost them.  Beggan missed 5 or 6, none of them gimmes, but he should have made some of them I felt.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: armaghniac on November 29, 2015, 06:56:27 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 29, 2015, 06:51:58 PM
I know that's the rule, but it defies all logic. It's not a new game  :-\
Felt very unfair on Scotstown today.

To do otherwise would create a huge inequity between games with extra time and games with replays. What isn't logical is that yellow cards carry into the extra time.
Another reason why all games should go to extra time in the event of a draw.
A complete nonsense that a team is back to 15 yet bookings in norrmal time carry over.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Maguire01

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 29, 2015, 07:02:43 PM
Scotstown's lack of a free taker cost them.  Beggan missed 5 or 6, none of them gimmes, but he should have made some of them I felt.
A number of those frees should have been taken short. Far too far out on a day like that.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 29, 2015, 07:09:10 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 29, 2015, 07:02:43 PM
A number of those frees should have been taken short. Far too far out on a day like that.

His cross field one to McCague was novel!!!  There was too much of a romantic notion with his kicks and not enough proper game management

vallankumous

If Darren Hughes had have rested last week he might have been there in extra time

vallankumous

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 29, 2015, 06:41:57 PM
Disgrace to have such a high profile game at this time of the year. Unfair on the players and the fans. Terrible conditions!

Yes.
Most club championship football is winter football.
It's shameful.

yellowcard

Enjoyable game given the conditions, the intensity was very high even if the quality was maybe not great at times. Fair play to Cross, I remember watching them earlier in the season and they barely had 15 men out for most league games. Even their own supporters thought that they might come under pressure to hold onto their county title. However they have grown with each game and have the winning mentality from knowing they have done it all before. In James Morgan they have a true leader and warrior on the field and he has been their best player all season even if he was lucky to stay on the field as long as he did after getting 3 yellows?? Others to shine today were Tony Kernan and both Clarke and McKenna unsettled Scotstown when they came on. Scotstown battled bravely but the game was up when Hughes was sent off for a needless late tackle.

seafoid

Quote from: general_lee on November 29, 2015, 06:53:23 PM
Special mention for TG4 for showing deferred coverage when they could have just shown it live
They showed 3 matches today so at least 1 had to be deferred.
Interesting to hear the Munster blas and then the Ulster one. Bomaites all over the place.

vallankumous

Quote from: yellowcard on November 29, 2015, 07:38:31 PM
Enjoyable game given the conditions, the intensity was very high even if the quality was maybe not great at times. Fair play to Cross, I remember watching them earlier in the season and they barely had 15 men out for most league games. Even their own supporters thought that they might come under pressure to hold onto their county title. However they have grown with each game and have the winning mentality from knowing they have done it all before..

Maybe they have it right. No point in playing football for twelve months when nothing counts in the summer.

general_lee

Quote from: seafoid on November 29, 2015, 07:46:29 PM
Quote from: general_lee on November 29, 2015, 06:53:23 PM
Special mention for TG4 for showing deferred coverage when they could have just shown it live
They showed 3 matches today so at least 1 had to be deferred.
Interesting to hear the Munster blas and then the Ulster one. Bomaites all over the place.
They could have shown two live games and then the deferred game. Rather than show a live game, followed by two deferred games. Surely would have made more sense?

Zulu

Colm Parkinson was complaining about this on Twitter and the TG4 response was that they had to consider the possibility of ET in the hurling and if that happened they could t have went live to the Ulster final.

yellowcard

Quote from: vallankumous on November 29, 2015, 07:53:48 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 29, 2015, 07:38:31 PM
Enjoyable game given the conditions, the intensity was very high even if the quality was maybe not great at times. Fair play to Cross, I remember watching them earlier in the season and they barely had 15 men out for most league games. Even their own supporters thought that they might come under pressure to hold onto their county title. However they have grown with each game and have the winning mentality from knowing they have done it all before..

Maybe they have it right. No point in playing football for twelve months when nothing counts in the summer.

I'd have no doubt that they put very little focus on the League as usual, but still they looked far more threadbare than I ever remember for a long time. However now having won this Ulster title and with another batch of excellent minors coming through, they look set to dominate for a few more years to come.