Ulster club senior football championship - 2015

Started by JoG2, August 27, 2015, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on November 29, 2015, 04:56:27 PM
Extra time, payout on the draw! 1-10 1-10

After Cross indiscipline (again) they are back to 15.
The GAA are quite unique when it comes to instant and complete forgiveness for all sorts of infringements.
Almost new age.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on November 26, 2015, 09:09:46 AM
Really looking forward to this final, both teams are evenly matched and it could well end in a draw. A refereeing decision or just that extra bit of luck needed could well decide this, If you fancy Scotstown they're prob well worth a punt just for their odds in the bookies alone (PaddyPower had them at 11/4). A £10 on the draw will do me though

Good call
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

straightred

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 29, 2015, 05:12:32 PM
kieran hughes sent off.

looks like this made the difference in the end. Scotstown certainly good enough and young enough to come again next year

Main Street

Good call by Cross to have Oisin as a second ref.

Sounded like Scotstown had their chances to win it  but a deserved victory for Crossmaglen in the end.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Main Street on November 29, 2015, 05:36:53 PM
Good call by Cross to have Oisin as a second ref.

Sounded like Scotstown had their chances to win it  but a deserved victory for Crossmaglen in the end.

It made the difference alright. Colin McAree was on the field more than some of the players. Scotstown just didn't have enough options. The Cross bench won it.

Harold Disgracey

That was fantastic value for a tenner. Congratulations Cross, hard luck Scotstown.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: straightred on November 29, 2015, 05:29:02 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on November 29, 2015, 05:12:32 PM
kieran hughes sent off.

looks like this made the difference in the end. Scotstown certainly good enough and young enough to come again next year
Looks like it. Out scored 1-6 to 1-1 after the sending off.

seafoid

From the Bunker

Disgrace to have such a high profile game at this time of the year. Unfair on the players and the fans. Terrible conditions!

blewuporstuffed

Can someone please explain the logic of a team being able to return to 15 players in extra time after a sending off?  :-\
I know that's the rule. But it's a stupid rule, especially when you see Scotstown playing out the rest of the game with 14
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

downtown

Some game of football, especially in those conditions. Very enjoyable. It was just a pity there had to be a loser as both teams left everything they had on the field. Well done cross, some team and hard luck to scotstown, I'm sure they will be back. Fair play to everyone involved today!

From the Bunker

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 29, 2015, 06:43:16 PM
Can someone please explain the logic of a team being able to return to 15 players in extra time after a sending off?  :-\
I know that's the rule. But it's a stupid rule, especially when you see Scotstown playing out the rest of the game with 14

Thems the rules! New game and all that!

blewuporstuffed

I know that's the rule, but it defies all logic. It's not a new game  :-\
Felt very unfair on Scotstown today.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

general_lee

Special mention for TG4 for showing deferred coverage when they could have just shown it live