Kealy (1/10)
Mcmahon (1/500)
O'Carroll (1/25)
Enright (1/4)
Mccaffrey (1/100)
Keegan (3/10)
Harte (8/15) - Mccarthy (6/4)
Fenton (1/4)
Donnelly (5/6) - Moran (11/10), Maher (5/4)
Kilkenny (1/50)
Connolly (1/16)
Walsh (4/7)
Brogan (1/100)
McManus (1/100)
AOS (1/25) - JOD (2/5)

That's 7 Dublin, 3 kerry, 2 Mayo, 2 tyrone, 1 monaghan

According to the bookies, it's pretty much wrapped up except for the 2nd midfielder

Paddy Andrews @ 7/2 looks like decent value to me to displace AOS

Mayo4Sam14

Can't see how they could give AOS one
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Apart from Keegan who has to get one IMO don't see any other mayo players (Parsons at a very big stretch and maybe DOC but neither would not should get one)
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Nihilist

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 20, 2015, 08:52:35 PM
Based on PP odds:

Kealy (1/10)
Mcmahon (1/500)
O'Carroll (1/25)
Enright (1/4)
Mccaffrey (1/100)
Keegan (3/10)
Fenton (1/4)
Kilkenny (1/50)
Connolly (1/16)
Walsh (4/7)
Brogan (1/100)
McManus (1/100)
AOS (1/25) - JOD (2/5)

According to the bookies, it's pretty much wrapped up except for the 2nd midfielder

How does Connolly deserve one. He was more or less anonymous in both semis and even today when he had more freedom he didn't do much I thought.

rrhf

Colm cavanagh was superb this year.

beer baron

Quote from: Nihilist on September 20, 2015, 09:43:27 PM
Based on PP odds:

Kealy (1/10)
Mcmahon (1/500)
O'Carroll (1/25)
Enright (1/4)
Mccaffrey (1/100)
Keegan (3/10)
Fenton (1/4)
Kilkenny (1/50)
Connolly (1/16)
Walsh (4/7)
Brogan (1/100)
McManus (1/100)
AOS (1/25) - JOD (2/5)

How does Connolly deserve one. He was more or less anonymous in both semis and even today when he had more freedom he didn't do much I thought.

He doesn't deserve one at all,was no good in both Mayo games. If he wasn't called Diarmuid Connolly he would've been taken of today, took far too much out of the ball on a number of occassions by trying to be the star. Trying the free with the outside of the boot with a few minutes to go could've came back to haunt them too.

jb81

I would pick:

Beggin
Enright
McCarron
Cooper
Keegan
Harte
Mc'Caffrey
Fenton
Maher
Kilkenny
Donnacha Walsh
Diarmuid O'Connor
Mc'Manus
Brogan
Sean Quigley

I think they will pick:

Brendan Kealy
Philly Mc'Mahon
Johnny Cooper
Shane Enright
Jack Mc'Caffrey
Lee Keegan
Peter Harte
Anthoney Maher
Brian Fenton
Ciaran Kilkenny
Diarmuid Connolly
Donnacha Walsh
Aidan O'Shea
Bernard Brogan
Conor Mc'Manus

macdanger2

Dara O'Se's team of the year:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-s-team-of-the-year-1.2361989

Kealy
Enright
O'Carroll
McMahon
McCarthy
Keegan
McCafferty
Fenton
Maher
D O'Connor
KK
D Walsh
McManus
AOS
Brogan

jb81

Shock Shock  - no Tyrone player on Dara O'Se team of the year!!!!
Let it go Dara!!

mick999

GAA.ie team of the championship:

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2209151305-gaaie-football-team-of-the-championship-2015/

1. Brendan Kealy (Kerry)
2. Shane Enright (Kerry)
3. Rory O'Carroll (Dublin)
4. Philly McMahon (Dublin)
5. Lee Keegan (Mayo)
6. Cian O'Sullivan (Dublin)
7. Jack McCaffrey (Dublin)
8. Brian Fenton (Dublin)
9. Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone)
10. Ciarán Kilkenny (Dublin)
11. Peter Harte (Tyrone)
12. Donnchadh Walsh (Kerry)
13. Bernard Brogan (Dublin)
14. Aidan O'Shea (Mayo)
15. Conor McManus (Monaghan)

Hound

Based on PP odds:

Kealy (1/10)

Mcmahon (1/500)
O'Carroll (1/25)
Enright (1/4)

Mccaffrey (1/100)
Keegan (3/10)

Fenton (1/4)

Kilkenny (1/50)
Connolly (1/16)
Walsh (4/7)

Brogan (1/100)
McManus (1/100)
AOS (1/25) - JOD (2/5)

Some notable changes to the PP odds:

Harte gone out from 8/15 to 10/3 fifth favourite for a half back spot. O'Sullivan now third fav at 1/4, Keegan shortended to 1/16.

At half forward Connolly drifted from 1/16 to 1/3. O'Connor shortened from 9/1 to 4/1, although that still means KK, Walsh and Connolly are pretty much nailed on, if PP is anything to go by.

I wouldn't be surprised in Connolly missed out. But he really stepped up a gear in the final after Kerry got the two opening points of the 2nd half. Demanded the ball, soared for a couple of kickouts and was a general for the rest of the game (after a quiet first half with the odd glimpse of magic such as his lift and pass for the very first point).

Might be DOC who benefits. Or they could move Donnelly or Harte to half forward.

Archie Mitchell

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0110150714-gaa-gpa-all-stars-2015-football-nominations/

2015 GAA GPA All-Star Football Nominations Sponsored by Opel

Goalkeepers
Paul Durcan (Donegal), Brendan Kealy (Kerry), Rory Beggan (Monaghan).

Defenders
Frank McGlynn (Donegal), Ryan McHugh (Donegal), James McCarthy (Dublin), Cian O'Sullivan (Dublin), Rory O'Carroll (Dublin), Jonny Cooper (Dublin), Jack McCaffrey (Dublin), Philip McMahon (Dublin), Shane Enright (Kerry), Jonathan Lyne (Kerry), Keith Higgins (Mayo), Lee Keegan (Mayo), Chris Barrett (Mayo), Vinny Corey (Monaghan), Karl O'Connell (Monaghan), Cathal McCarron (Tyrone), Ronan McNamee (Tyrone), Ronan McNabb (Tyrone).

Midfielders
Neil Gallagher (Donegal), Brian Fenton (Dublin), Anthony Maher (Kerry), David Moran (Kerry), Tom Parsons (Mayo), Colm Cavanagh (Tyrone).

Forwards
Michael Murphy (Donegal), Paddy Andrews (Dublin), Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Ciarán Kilkenny (Dublin), Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin), Seán Quigley (Fermanagh), Donnchadh Walsh (Kerry), Paul Geaney (Kerry), James O'Donoghue (Kerry), Donie Kingston (Laois), Cillian O'Connor (Mayo), Diarmuid O'Connor (Mayo), Aidan O'Shea (Mayo), Conor McManus (Monaghan) Peter Harte (Tyrone), Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone), Seán Cavanagh (Tyrone), Kieran Martin (Westmeath)

Player of the Year Nominations
Bernard Brogan (Dublin), Jack McCaffrey (Dublin), Philip McMahon (Dublin).

Young Player of the Year Nominations
Ryan McHugh (Donegal), Diarmuid O'Connor (Mayo), Ryan Wylie (Monaghan).

Schkite

First couple of things that stand out to me is that O'Connor is nailed on for YPOTY and Tyrone have a wing forward spot in the bag, likely Donnelly.

Not 100% what the selection criteria are, I thought Fenton would be up for YPOTY but he's a certainty in midfield anyway. Good to see Wylie recognised with a nomination but as I say O'Connor has that sewn up.

After the nomination's I'd say the team will be:

Kealy
Enright
O'Carroll
McMahon
Keegan
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey
Fenton
Maher
Donnelly
Kilkenny
Walsh
McManus
O'Shea
Brogan

Croí na hÉireann

Nice to see Kieran Martin getting a nomination although he probably cost John Heslin a nomination by being selected in the forwards.

I think you've got the team spot on there Schkite but there is room for manoeuvre this year:

Brendan Kealy (Kerry)

Shane Enright (Kerry), Rory O'Carroll (Dublin), Philip McMahon (Dublin) (Outside chance of Cathal McCarron instead of Rory O'Carroll)
Lee Keegan (Mayo), Cian O'Sullivan (Dublin), Jack McCaffrey (Dublin) (Again McCarthy could nick it in front of O'Sullivan)

Brian Fenton (Dublin), Anthony Maher (Kerry) (Parsons or Cavanagh would not be a huge shock here instead of Maher)

Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone), Ciarán Kilkenny (Dublin), Donnchadh Walsh (Kerry) (Kilkenny in danger here from Connolly, Murphy and Harte)
Conor McManus (Monaghan), Aidan O'Shea (Mayo), Bernard Brogan (Dublin) (Nailed on)

7 Dublin
4 Kerry
2 Mayo
1 Tyrone
1 Monaghan

POTY Jack McCaffrey (Dublin) (Outside chance for Philly if he continues his media charm offensive and doesn't get a ban for the gouge)
YPOTY Diarmuid O'Connor (Mayo) (Cert)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

macdanger2

Paddy Andrews will be unlucky to miss out considering the impact he had in the latter stages