2015 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 10, 2015, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Don't think AOS really deserved one. He was marked out of the semi final and final. Delighted for matty Donnelly. Well deserved

omaghjoe

Quote from: An Watcher on November 06, 2015, 11:11:16 PM
Don't think AOS really deserved one. He was marked out of the semi final and final. Delighted for matty Donnelly. Well deserved

???

semi replay?

macdanger2

Scored 1 point and fouled for 7 pointed frees in the two semi finals, not bad going

An Watcher

He was excellent in connacht and scored a fantastic goal against Donegal but teams were then set up to stop him which they did

Syferus

Quote from: An Watcher on November 06, 2015, 11:45:07 PM
He was excellent in connacht and scored a fantastic goal against Donegal but teams were then set up to stop him which they did

Teams? One team. And in fairness it took him having two men on him (Philly PotY - lol) and a sweeper sitting in front. A team with brains would have used the space created by overloading the cover on AOS to wipe the floor with the Dublin defence and not keep lumping the ball into AOS.

straightred

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 06, 2015, 11:35:28 PM

Scored 1 point and fouled for 7 pointed frees in the two semi finals, not bad going

Paddy Andrews should have got the 3rd one in the FF line. Was outstanding at the business end of the championship when it mattered when lets be honest AOS wasn't. The other 2, McManus and Brogan, are pretty much automatic choices

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2015, 11:57:06 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on November 06, 2015, 11:45:07 PM

Teams? One team. And in fairness it took him having two men on him (Philly PotY - lol) and a sweeper sitting in front. A team with brains would have used the space created by overload the cover on AOS to wipe the floor with the Dublin defence and not keep lumping the ball into AOS.

Call me the day Roscommon ever have a team good enough to wipe the floor with the Dublin defence.

An Watcher

I think oshea is an excellent player, he just struggled in the latter stages of the AI. Come to think of it though I can't think of too many full forwards that excelled this year.

BennyCake

Same as 2013. Brilliant QF, poor SF and F. STill got one.

One memorable performance in Croke Park is usually enough for an All Star these days.

INDIANA

Quote from: An Watcher on November 07, 2015, 12:19:30 AM
I think oshea is an excellent player, he just struggled in the latter stages of the AI. Come to think of it though I can't think of too many full forwards that excelled this year.

Bernard Brogan, Conor Mc Manus, Michael Murphy................................................................................

Cunny Funt

Quote from: INDIANA on November 07, 2015, 12:30:32 AM

Bernard Brogan, Conor Mc Manus, Michael Murphy................................................................................
first two are corner forwards and Murphy was seen more in his defence than full forward.

moysider

No he didn t. Don t let yourself down. He did very well in the circumstances.

He killed teams that were a bit naive. Individual Dublin forwards did not do the same individual carnage against the silly teams in Leinster on their own, or the Kerry stars against the hurling counties down south.

Fermanagh and Sligo about the same level. Who scored 3-4 against Fermanagh from play this year? Some people need to cop on tf.

Poor AS return again for Mayo considering we contributed a lot.

Parsons was the classiest midfielder about.

Kerry get 4 contenders for their most limited AS of all time.

INDIANA

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 07, 2015, 12:41:25 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 07, 2015, 12:30:32 AM

first two are corner forwards and Murphy was seen more in his defence than full forward.

they are the three main strike forwards on their teams- don't split hairs

Beffs

Ridiculous that O'Shea got one. And for what? Going on a rampage against Sligo? Come on now.

Whatever about it going to Paddy Andrews, feckit, I would have given it to Sean Quigley. Second in the scoring charts. Plus, he has more balls and Croke Park moxie in his little finger, than O'Shea has in his entire body. The sympathy factor is what got O'Shea his gong. People feel so sorry for him and Mayo now, they want to make it up to him by giving him the awards in November, that he (and Mayo) are just not able to win for themselves in September.

Double marked, triple marked, bad balls into him...whatever. It's a different excuse every year....excuses that you never hear from the likes of Colm Cooper, Bernard Brogan, McManus etc

From the Bunker

Quote from: Beffs on November 07, 2015, 12:54:39 AM
Ridiculous that O'Shea got one. And for what? Going on a rampage against Sligo? Come on now.

Whatever about it going to Paddy Andrews, feckit, I would have given it to Sean Quigley. Second in the scoring charts. Plus, he has more balls and Croke Park moxie in his little finger, than O'Shea has in his entire body. The sympathy factor is what got O'Shea his gong. People feel so sorry for him and Mayo now, they want to make it up to him by giving him the awards in November, that he (and Mayo) are just not able to win for themselves in September.

Double marked, triple marked, bad balls into him...whatever. It's a different excuse every year....excuses that you never hear from the likes of Colm Cooper, Bernard Brogan, McManus etc

Funnily enough i was thinking the same about Donnacha Walsh. It's gas how the Kerry media men pointed the judges in his direction and they said yes! Cos that's what one does! Isn't it?