2015 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 10, 2015, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Enright looks to be about as good a corner back as there is at the minute. It'll be an interesting battle assuming they mark each other.

Schkite

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2015, 12:43:11 PM
Quote from: Schkite on September 10, 2015, 12:41:55 PM
If Brogan scores 6 pts against Kerry to finish as championship top scorer. I doubt the top scorer has ever scored everything from play before?

That would be some achievement. I hope he doesn't take a tap over free or anything!

Didn't get my edit in on time, that original post barely makes sense!

AZOffaly

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 10, 2015, 12:44:29 PM
Enright looks to be about as good a corner back as there is at the minute. It'll be an interesting battle assuming they mark each other.

Don't get the hype with Enright at all. Would expect Brogan to go to town on him.

Down Follower

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2015, 10:25:17 AM
As we all know, the All Stars are a joke and it should be down to the best in each position, irrelevant of how far a team makes it.  I would think Bernard Brogan is in the running for Player of the Year.  As mentioned, he is unbelievably efficient and is nearly always wins the ball.  I think a lot of people under-rate him in a way, with there being an expectation for him to score lots by default in every game. 

As for the All Star team, I am not sure of how deserving of a place Ciaran Kilkenny is?  Seems pretty average when you consider what you would expect from a top quality number 11.

Are you serious? The man destroyed Mayo in the replay and has been excellent in nearly every game this year.

JoG2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 10, 2015, 01:02:37 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 10, 2015, 12:44:29 PM

Don't get the hype with Enright at all. Would expect Brogan to go to town on him.

Enright is a quare footballer. If you think he'll be left 1 on 1 with Brogan, you haven't really kept up with the changes in modern football

Maroon Manc

As we all know, the All Stars are a joke and it should be down to the best in each position, irrelevant of how far a team makes it.  I would think Bernard Brogan is in the running for Player of the Year.  As mentioned, he is unbelievably efficient and is nearly always wins the ball.  I think a lot of people under-rate him in a way, with there being an expectation for him to score lots by default in every game. 

As for the All Star team, I am not sure of how deserving of a place Ciaran Kilkenny is?  Seems pretty average when you consider what you would expect from a top quality number 11.

I thought he had 2 very good games against Mayo. Who would you have at no 11?

JoG2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 10, 2015, 02:29:23 PM

Kilkenny was excellent, especially in the first match. Handy tennis player too by all accounts

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2015, 02:43:43 PM

Kilkenny was excellent, especially in the first match. Handy tennis player too by all accounts

He was even better in the second game. Some unit and can take his scores wonderfully too. Out shining Connolly and Flynn this year.

Hound

Quote from: Syferus on September 10, 2015, 02:53:57 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2015, 02:43:43 PM

He was even better in the second game. Some unit and can take his scores wonderfully too. Out shining Connolly and Flynn this year.
1st game he was very good in the first half, but the 2nd half passed him by.

2nd game he was good throughout I thought. Over the course of the 2 games, he kicked some super points off both feet.
He wouldn't be the best at chasing after attacking half backs, and he can occassionally give the ball away cheaply, and I think he'd be better in the full forward line, but overall he's had a very good season.

twohands!!!

Not exactly the highest of praise - by his standards of recent years Flynn has been woeful this year, while Connolly has been steady enough but is hardly having a vintage year.

INDIANA

Quote from: twohands!!! on September 11, 2015, 06:10:24 PM

Not exactly the highest of praise - by his standards of recent years Flynn has been woeful this year, while Connolly has been steady enough but is hardly having a vintage year.

If you needed a groin operation you wouldn't be in good form either

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on September 11, 2015, 06:28:28 PM

Must make a proper balls of things.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on September 11, 2015, 06:35:58 PM

You should get a weeks ban for that it's so bad.  ;D

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on September 11, 2015, 06:39:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 11, 2015, 06:35:58 PM

You should get a weeks ban for that it's so bad.  ;D

It won't stand up at the DRA.
MWWSI 2017