2015 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 10, 2015, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

It all depends who wins the All Ireland sure
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Estimator

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 27, 2015, 01:32:05 AM

2005 is a prime example. With a couple of different decisions Armagh could have been in the final and their allocation of All Stars increases. The FOTY would possibly be different as well.

Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry), Ryan McMenamin (Tyrone), Michael McCarthy (Kerry), Andy Mallon (Armagh), Tomás Ó Sé (Kerry), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Phillip Jordan (Tyrone), Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone), Paul McGrane (Armagh), Brian Dooher (Tyrone), Peter Canavan (Tyrone), Eoin Mulligan (Tyrone), Colm Cooper (Kerry), Stephen O'Neill FOTY (Tyrone), Steven McDonnell (Armagh)

Sundays result will have a big impact on the awards.

Ulster League Champions 2009

Canalman

Quote from: Estimator on August 27, 2015, 07:45:20 AM

2005 is a prime example. With a couple of different decisions Armagh could have been in the final and their allocation of All Stars increases. The FOTY would possibly be different as well.

Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry), Ryan McMenamin (Tyrone), Michael McCarthy (Kerry), Andy Mallon (Armagh), Tomás Ó Sé (Kerry), Conor Gormley (Tyrone), Phillip Jordan (Tyrone), Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone), Paul McGrane (Armagh), Brian Dooher (Tyrone), Peter Canavan (Tyrone), Eoin Mulligan (Tyrone), Colm Cooper (Kerry), Stephen O'Neill FOTY (Tyrone), Steven McDonnell (Armagh)

Indeed, Dublin drew with Tyrone that year in the quarter finals and got no allstar. Other semi finalist got none either.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Estimator on August 27, 2015, 07:45:20 AM

in 2005????
ONeill was footballer of the year by a country mile
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Canalman

With the dust settled on the AISFs, I think we have two in the bag. Brogan (B) and Jack McCaffrey. Fenton possibly a third. AIF will determine if any more get one.

Mayo for me have Cillian O'Connor as a definite with two or three more in the hunt.One of their certainties blew his at the weekend I'm afraid.

McManus a definite imo.

Honestly haven't seen enough of Tyrone and Kerry to pinpoint their "definites" to date.

AIF will decide at least 10 Allstar allocations.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Canalman on September 07, 2015, 11:02:31 AM
With the dust settled on the AISFs, I think we have two in the bag. Brogan (B) and Jack McCaffrey. Fenton possibly a third. AIF will determine if any more get one.

Mayo for me have Cillian O'Connor as a definite with two or three more in the hunt.One of their certainties blew his at the weekend I'm afraid.

McManus a definite imo.

Honestly haven't seen enough of Tyrone and Kerry to pinpoint their "definites" to date.

Would have Diarmuid O' Connor as more of a definite than Cillian. Was the best Mayo player over the course of the 2 games against Dublin.

Syferus

McManus a definite imo.

Ciaran Kilkenny deserves an All-Star more than COC does.

macdanger2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 07, 2015, 11:07:39 AM

McManus a definite imo.

Would have Diarmuid O' Connor as more of a definite than Cillian. Was the best Mayo player over the course of the 2 games against Dublin.

Last I checked, Diarmuid was hot favourite (1/7 or so) for YPOTY and that was before Saturday so he's probably wrapped that one up. As such, it's unlikely he'll get an All-Star.

Monaghan will get 1, Tyrone & Mayo will get 1-2 each and the remainder between Kerry/Dublin.

For Mayo, I'd say Keegan guaranteed with COC or AOS an outside possibility.

From the bookies, the current favourites are:

Kealy*
P McMahon
Enright
Murphy*
McCaffrey
Keegan
Harte
Moran
Maher*
Connolly*
KK
D Walsh*
Brogan
McManus
JOD

So at the moment, it's 7 Kerry, 4 Dublin, 1 each for Mayo, Tyrone & Monaghan. I'd say the ones with an asterix are the most likely to lose out depending on how the final goes.

POTY looks to be Moran's if Kerry win and between BB and Connolly if Dublin win.

Il Bomber Destro

So far for me with the final making some changes.

1. Kealy
2. Philly McMahon
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McCaffrey
6. Keegan
7. Harte
8. Parsons
9. Maher
10. Diarmuid O'Connor
11. Kilkenny
12. Stephen O'Brien
13. Brogan
14. Aidan O'Shea
15. McManus

With Parsons and O'Shea under the most pressure there depending how the final goes.

twohands!!!

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 07, 2015, 11:28:31 AM
Last I checked, Diarmuid was hot favourite (1/7 or so) for YPOTY and that was before Saturday so he's probably wrapped that one up. As such, it's unlikely he'll get an All-Star.

Yup Bookies have closed the book on Diarmuid O'Connor for YPOTY now and he looks odds-on to follow the trend of recent years in the YPOTY being treated as an extra All-Star, so he will free up a space there.

thewobbler

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 07, 2015, 11:36:47 AM
So far for me with the final making some changes.

1. Kealy
2. Philly McMahon
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McCaffrey
6. Keegan
7. Harte
8. Parsons
9. Maher
10. Diarmuid O'Connor
11. Kilkenny
12. Stephen O'Brien
13. Brogan
14. Aidan O'Shea
15. McManus

With Parsons and O'Shea under the most pressure there depending how the final goes.

There's bound to be room for another Tyrone defender in there.

blanketattack

Paddy Andrews 20/1 good odds for an All-Star? Another 0-5 and he'd be a shoo-in

macdanger2

Quote from: blanketattack on September 07, 2015, 12:53:36 PM

Good call, he was excellent on Saturday and good in the drawn game

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 07, 2015, 12:55:50 PM

Good call, he was excellent on Saturday and good in the drawn game

That's a good shout. Some of his scores were brilliant on Saturday.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hound

Where????????