2015 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 10, 2015, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Of the 4 semi finalists who are the certs.

Not sure if any Tyrone player has nailed one yet.

Big Quigley a chance?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

Harte is nailed on for me in the half forward line. Half back line will be the toughest to pick.

ONeill

I'd say McManus of Monaghan has one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DennistheMenace

Bingo

Who ever wins it will decide what places are left.

Lee Keegan and Aidan O'Shea are likely the two Mayo certs at this stage.
O'Shea may displace any chances Murphy had.
Frank McLynn Donegals main chance, McBreartys quiet game on Saturday may have dented his chances.
McManus for Monaghan will be main chance. Dessie Mone was having a good year but losing at weekend and his display might impact his chances.
Kerry and Dublin could end up with a few but will depend on Semi-final display. Kerrys main performers to date have been in and out of team and vary from game to game, which seems to be their main strength i.e. competition and squad depth.
Tyrone may have Mattie Donnelly and McCurry (sp?) if he continues as is. Two mighty players. Harte another big player for them and in running.

imtommygunn

I would have thought Cavanagh would be a big contender. If O'Shea gets one where does he get one at - I guess the next one(or two) games will decide that.

Quigley may get a nomination but with Murphy, McManus, Cavanagh, possibly O'Shea, McCurry, whatever O'Donoghue does, whatever O'Connor does,Brogan etc maybe that's a step too far. McBrearty wouldn't deserve one I think.

Mayo4Sam

For us the two O'Sheas, Parsons, Higgins, Keegan so far. Will all depend on how far we go
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Put Up That Flag

Any 15 from the finest panel of players ever assembled,  I am of course talking about the Rossies who ripped the championship apart with the quality of players they have as we are told over and over again on this forum.

Who are they playing in the semi final?  Oh wait.........

Canalman

For me McManus a certainty. No potential poor games left for him to muck it up . Great great player.

Plenty others in the running but a stinker in the AISF could scupper each and every one of them. Imo anyway.

Schkite

It would be a shame if McManus doesn't get one, he's been far better this summer than when he actually won one two years ago. For me he's been the best inside forward so far but we all know the next few games are where the bulk of them are won. Also thought Dessie would have a great chance had we won on Saturday, but it's looking extremely unlikely now, especially when you look at the likes of Lee Keegan kicking into gear once he reaches the quarter-final. Chances are Dessie might have done enough to get a nomination but no more. If that happens that will be 5 nominations and no all star, surely a record? Not one that anyone wants though.

Don't know if any single Tyrone player has nailed one, but short of Kerry hammering them I'd say they'll likely get a couple anyway. Donnelly and Harte the stand outs for me, McCurry has a good chance too but the full forward line is tough to get one in.

Hard to know with Donegal, McBrearty lost his chance after Saturday, Murphy was good again but losing will hurt his chances. McGlynn I think might be their best shot, but again the HB line is very competitive.

There are some obvious certs like Moran and A O'Se, but anything could happen in the last few games.

CD

Really impressed with Karl O'Connell from Monaghan this year. He was fantastic v Donegal! Very tough to get into that half back line especially with three big games to come.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

macdanger2

You're probably looking at:

Monaghan: 1
All Ireland winners: 7-9
All Ireland runners up: 3-5
Losing semi-finalists: 1-2

J70

Donegal won't get any. A few nominations perhaps, especially for Murphy,  but even he will be eclipsed by McManus and players from the last four.

Quigley will be nominated for sure. Award is doubtful.

How about Harte from Tyrone.  Been excellent when I've seen him, although I haven't watched all their games.

blanketattack

Kerry will get 0 if they lose the semifinal.
Front runners for Kerry are
1 Moran
2 Enright
3 Maher
4 Gooch
5 O'Brien

rosnarun

judging by history , apart from one maybe  two Novelty selections ,like Quigley , the race for all stars begins here.
and the final will provide at least 10 - 11 players
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere