3 between the losing semi finalists
1 Lottery pick. Quigley or McManus.

Schkite

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2015, 04:14:35 PM
7 for All Ireland Winners
4 for Beaten Finalists

Quigley had a good year but there's no competition here if there's one between those two!

Mayo4Sam14

Aidan O'Shea will get one, if Mayo can win the All Ireland he'll get player of the year
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

SouthDublinBro

Dessie Mone  ::)

He wouldn't even make the Dublin panel.

Syferus

I wish they did this like American sports - a first team All-American, second team All-American. Too many excellent players get overlooked because some lad happens to be on a team that made the AI final.

mb80b60

Based on what I've seen so far and what I expect to happen in the remaining games:

Kealy (think Kerry will win the AI, and in the absence of any outstanding performers this year I think he'll get it)

Higgins
Marc O'Se
Enright

Keegan
Harte
Flynn

Maher
Moran

Connolly
Gooch
O'Brien

McManus
AOS
Brogan

I think McManus deserves one, but if someone lights up the semis and final (Donaghy, JOD, COC, Kilkenny, Rock, McCurry) then they will probably come in at his expense.  Connolly will probably need to hit 6/7 points over the next couple of games to keep his place too.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: mb80b60 on August 11, 2015, 09:25:36 AM
Based on what I've seen so far and what I expect to happen in the remaining games:

Kealy (think Kerry will win the AI, and in the absence of any outstanding performers this year I think he'll get it)

Higgins
Marc O'Se
Enright

Keegan
Harte
Flynn

Maher
Moran

Connolly
Gooch
O'Brien

McManus
AOS
Brogan

I think McManus deserves one, but if someone lights up the semis and final (Donaghy, JOD, COC, Kilkenny, Rock, McCurry) then they will probably come in at his expense.  Connolly will probably need to hit 6/7 points over the next couple of games to keep his place too.

Ah here, why not just name the Kerry team while you're at it?  How much football has O'Brien played in the Championship so far and there's really nothing you can take from a pressure free performance against a Kildare side who downed tools so early on in the game. O'Se at full back must be another joke selection.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 11, 2015, 10:45:16 AM

Higgins
Marc O'Se
Enright

Keegan
Harte
Flynn

Maher
Moran

Connolly
Gooch
O'Brien

McManus
AOS
Brogan

Ah here, why not just name the Kerry team while you're at it?  How much football has O'Brien played in the Championship so far and there's really nothing you can take from a pressure free performance against a Kildare side who downed tools so early on in the game. O'Se at full back must be another joke selection.

If the Gooch gets an All-Star this year it will be up there in the dubious stakes with Canavan's in 2005 - chosen because of their class rather than their performances in that year.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Schkite on August 10, 2015, 04:24:06 PM
4 for Beaten Finalists

Quigley had a good year but there's no competition here if there's one between those two!

True, but Quigley had a high profile finish against the Dubs. I can't remember who votes on these now. If it's the players, I'd expect McManus to get the nod but if it's the media, I bet Quiqley would get serious attention when they are looking for the 'left field' pick.

Schkite

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 11:35:36 AM
4 for Beaten Finalists

True, but Quigley had a high profile finish against the Dubs. I can't remember who votes on these now. If it's the players, I'd expect McManus to get the nod but if it's the media, I bet Quiqley would get serious attention when they are looking for the 'left field' pick.

He'll be awarded with a nomination alright, and I'd expect him to get an Irish News Ulster all star for his efforts, but there's too much ahead of him in the full forward line before you even get to the last three games.

His performance against the Dubs will be what's most recent in the memory alright, but there were a couple of games he was actually poor enough in and the players around him led the way for Fermanagh.

Bod Mor

It's a bit early for Kung-fu!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

haranguerer

4 for Beaten Finalists

Neither deserve one

blanketattack

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on August 11, 2015, 10:57:26 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 11, 2015, 10:45:16 AM

Higgins
Marc O'Se
Enright

Keegan
Harte
Flynn

Maher
Moran

Connolly
Gooch
O'Brien

McManus
AOS
Brogan

If the Gooch gets an All-Star this year it will be up there in the dubious stakes with Canavan's in 2005 - chosen because of their class rather than their performances in that year.

Worth picking a few outsiders.

How many people would have predicted Donaghy would win an All-Star in 2014 this time last year?

macdanger2

Article on www.rte.ie picking the best 15 excluding the semi-finalists:

1 Paul Durcan (Donegal)
2 Paul Sharry (Westmeath)
3 Ryan Wylie (Monaghan)
4 Niall Cassidy (Fermanagh)
5 Karl O'Connell (Monaghan)
6 Kieran Martin (Westmeath)
7 Frank McGlynn (Donegal)
8 Thomas Flynn (Galway)
9 Neil Gallagher (Donegal)
10 Odhrán Mac Niallais (Donegal)
11 Michael Murphy (Donegal)
12 Colm O'Neill (Cork)
13 Tomás Corrigan (Fermanagh)
14 Sean Quigley (Fermanagh)
15 Conor McManus (Monaghan)

Would have thought maybe Marren and Comer would be worth including. Flynn and O'Neill lucky enough to be included imo

headoftheroad

Tiernan McCann? Oh sorry I thought you said oscars