Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2016, 07:19:28 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 01, 2016, 06:48:08 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2016, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 01, 2016, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2016, 02:51:03 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 01, 2016, 02:45:13 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2016, 01:32:16 PM
Quote from: ck on April 01, 2016, 01:11:47 PM
I genuinely was asking an honest question. What good could come from Logan bringing that up again?
Predictably the Tyrone response on here is abuse, whataboutery and name calling.

An honest question. If someone accused your team mates of the terrible things Bonner said he did. And, lets for arguments sake, (and for factual sake too) those accusations were false. Would you not like to defend them? Or do you castigate them anyway? The only basis for your question is either bias or stupidity! I hope it's bias!

Even the "proof" posted above says the players probably sledged the player so I fail to say why any Tyrone player or management would be angry. They weren't wrongly accused even in the narrow terms that Tyrone people here want to apply. Of course it's pretty obvious the Donegal player wouldn't lie about something so serious but no Tyrone person would dare accept that.

There is not a shred of evidence to say the Donegal player alleged anything, the allegations came directly from Declan Bonner. The problem is that the allegation put forward was that he was goaded about the death of his father, which is a serious allegation and an utterly disgusting act. The investigation conclusively states that this never happened, a finding that is accepted by both parties and something that Donegal do not contest.

Tyrone don't have an issue with the allegations of sledging, they have an issue with the serious nature of what was allegedly said - which was confirmed to be false - a finding which BOTH parties agree upon.
There is some evidence  that the Donegal player made an allegation, according to the understanding of the
Donegal Daily

We understand however that the alleged victim – who was allegedly taunted about his late father – stood by the allegations but decided he did not want any further action.

I understand that to mean that he privately stood by his allegation.  But when the player decided he did not want to take it further, then he has no right to make any further comment and nobody should take the case on his behalf.
And the newspaper should not print the assumed private thoughts of the player.

There he is with his daily Tyrone fix. Scouring the Internet for a bit of scandal. There are a lot of reasons why this wasn't pursued but you can continue to facelessly point the finger at a 17 year old lad who has no real right to reply. You do realise that this isn't county Tyrone GAA that you are throwing mud at, it's a young lad who has had enough abuse over it already. An exceptionally brave fellow you are Main Street.
I haven't pointed any finger you moron.
A young man has lost his father and wants to be left in peace.

Of course you are pointing the finger. At least have the guts to say that's what you are doing! You have no county allegiance here yet you have spent time to google the Donegal Daily, quote the paper with regards to this incident to make a point that the incident happened I.e. Point the finger - I don't think that is leaving the lad in peace either,  do you? Your use of this incident to maintain your mud throwing at Tyrone is nauseating in the extreme.

County allegiance is exactly why there wasn't a swift apology by the players involved and the county board and then it could have been left at that. Not this ham-fisted attempt to cover up and deny deny deny. Tyrone don't half hurt themselves when they do get caught. The lack of contrition by officials and supporters alike is the red flag that tells you the message that this stuff needs to stop is not getting through at all.

The danger of a media driven society is that people accept everything they hear and do their best to manipulate the information to fit their own agenda. Tyrone people are as guilty of this as every other county but people will always vehemently defend their own. I fully accept your own issues regarding the U21 semi last year, thats your view, I disagree but I understand you will back your own corner - fair enough. What I struggle with is people who equally vehemently accuse others of wrong doing even when they don't have a vested interest in the case, nor are they in possession of all the facts. In that case you have to question the agenda they are pursuing and whether they are making their case with a fair mind. There are a few on here with a less than fair mind. Unless you explicitly know exactly what was said and can prove it, then you must stop accusing that lad of the actions of which you are accusing him. Words like "deny, deny deny", "cover up" and "get caught" used in this context are deliberately pointing a finger at a lad who has been cleared of any wrong doing. Unless you have evidence to the contrary, then I suggest you wind your neck in.
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on April 01, 2016, 08:20:46 PM
I genuinely was asking an honest question. What good could come from Logan bringing that up again?
Predictably the Tyrone response on here is abuse, whataboutery and name calling.

An honest question. If someone accused your team mates of the terrible things Bonner said he did. And, lets for arguments sake, (and for factual sake too) those accusations were false. Would you not like to defend them? Or do you castigate them anyway? The only basis for your question is either bias or stupidity! I hope it's bias!

Even the "proof" posted above says the players probably sledged the player so I fail to say why any Tyrone player or management would be angry. They weren't wrongly accused even in the narrow terms that Tyrone people here want to apply. Of course it's pretty obvious the Donegal player wouldn't lie about something so serious but no Tyrone person would dare accept that.

There is not a shred of evidence to say the Donegal player alleged anything, the allegations came directly from Declan Bonner. The problem is that the allegation put forward was that he was goaded about the death of his father, which is a serious allegation and an utterly disgusting act. The investigation conclusively states that this never happened, a finding that is accepted by both parties and something that Donegal do not contest.

Tyrone don't have an issue with the allegations of sledging, they have an issue with the serious nature of what was allegedly said - which was confirmed to be false - a finding which BOTH parties agree upon.
There is some evidence  that the Donegal player made an allegation, according to the understanding of the
Donegal Daily

We understand however that the alleged victim – who was allegedly taunted about his late father – stood by the allegations but decided he did not want any further action.

I understand that to mean that he privately stood by his allegation.  But when the player decided he did not want to take it further, then he has no right to make any further comment and nobody should take the case on his behalf.

There he is with his daily Tyrone fix. Scouring the Internet for a bit of scandal. There are a lot of reasons why this wasn't pursued but you can continue to facelessly point the finger at a 17 year old lad who has no real right to reply. You do realise that this isn't county Tyrone GAA that you are throwing mud at, it's a young lad who has had enough abuse over it already. An exceptionally brave fellow you are Main Street.

Of course you are pointing the finger. At least have the guts to say that's what you are doing! You have no county allegiance here yet you have spent time to google the Donegal Daily, quote the paper with regards to this incident to make a point that the incident happened I.e. Point the finger - I don't think that is leaving the lad in peace either,  do you? Your use of this incident to maintain your mud throwing at Tyrone is nauseating in the extreme.

County allegiance is exactly why there wasn't a swift apology by the players involved and the county board and then it could have been left at that. Not this ham-fisted attempt to cover up and deny deny deny. Tyrone don't half hurt themselves when they do get caught. The lack of contrition by officials and supporters alike is the red flag that tells you the message that this stuff needs to stop is not getting through at all.
Yet again you try and twist things in a disgraceful manner. The mods should be taking at look at your disgusting posting instead of giving you a free pass to throw unfounded allegations at a minor. You really are scum.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

seafoid

Tyrone never kept their gaeltacht agus is mór an trua.

ck

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 01, 2016, 09:07:19 PM

Donegal Daily

Yet again you try and twist things in a disgraceful manner. The mods should be taking at look at your disgusting posting instead of giving you a free pass to throw unfounded allegations at a minor. You really are scum.

I would agree with you. It would have been best for all concerned to let sleeping dogs lie. That was the case till Fergal Logan threw it right into the public agenda again!

manfromdelmonte

Never did back to back All Irelands

sign of a great football county

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 02, 2016, 09:46:26 AM
Never did back to back All Irelands

sign of a great football county

Never went on a 70 year + All Ireland drought after capturing their last All Ireland.

Sign of a football county that is not a laughing stock.

trueblue1234

Quote from: ck on April 02, 2016, 09:24:19 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 01, 2016, 09:07:19 PM

Donegal Daily

I would agree with you. It would have been best for all concerned to let sleeping dogs lie. That was the case till Fergal Logan threw it right into the public agenda again!

If it righted your ignorance on the matter it was worth it.

ck

Ah right, thanks for the education. I've read nothing that backs up your assertions of complete innocence on this matter. My original question simply questioned the wisdom of raising it again by the Tyrone manager. All I've got in return is name calling, abuse and self righteous nonsense

trueblue1234

Your welcome. You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ck on April 02, 2016, 06:48:49 PM
Ah right, thanks for the education. I've read nothing that backs up your assertions of complete innocence on this matter. My original question simply questioned the wisdom of raising it again by the Tyrone manager. All I've got in return is name calling, abuse and self righteous nonsense

I agree with you and he'd prob say the same too.

However he had a few mins earlier watched a man that 12 months ago slandered one of his players in the media, come onto the field and box one of his players.

He did well to be as composed as he was.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ck

Is this stuff about Bonner true? If it is then why have the media not got wind yet?
If it's true then not only should Bonner never be on a sideline again but the assaulted player should report to the police.

WT4E

http://gaeliclife.com/2016/04/24-week-ban-for-bonner/

Would love to see this report - Lucky he was only entered for verbal abuse.

Are we all still taking this mans version of events - can he be relied upon? I don't think so!

BennyHarp

Quote from: ck on April 02, 2016, 08:53:26 PM
Is this stuff about Bonner true? If it is then why have the media not got wind yet?
If it's true then not only should Bonner never be on a sideline again but the assaulted player should report to the police.

Maybe the player didn't want to make a big fuss about it. Not every incident needs to rushed to the media you know. Bonner is a complete loose cannon and more fool the likes of you for hoovering up this mans media ramblings last year. Not all that happens via the media is true and similarly, just because the Irish Star (or wherever it is you look for your GAA facts) hasn't reported it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

ck

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 08, 2016, 11:11:17 AM

Maybe the player didn't want to make a big fuss about it. Not every incident needs to rushed to the media you know. Bonner is a complete loose cannon and more fool the likes of you for hoovering up this mans media ramblings last year. Not all that happens via the media is true and similarly, just because the Irish Star (or wherever it is you look for your GAA facts) hasn't reported it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I think it's fair to question a very serious allegation when the only place it has been discussed is an internet forum. The fact of the matter is that the Ulster council have banned this guy for 24 weeks for abuse to the referee. No mention of punching a player.
Of course this doesn't mean it didn't happen, same way as last years "investigation" doesn't mean the verbal abuse to the Donegal players didn't happen either.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ck on April 08, 2016, 01:25:02 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 08, 2016, 11:11:17 AM

I think it's fair to question a very serious allegation when the only place it has been discussed is an internet forum. The fact of the matter is that the Ulster council have banned this guy for 24 weeks for abuse to the referee. No mention of punching a player.
Of course this doesn't mean it didn't happen, same way as last years "investigation" doesn't mean the verbal abuse to the Donegal players didn't happen either.

And similarly because Bonner said it did happen last year doesn't mean it did. I'm glad you are beginning to get how this works.