List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ck on April 01, 2016, 02:21:32 PM
Thanks for attempting to reply sensibly. It's appreciated.
Regardless of the rights and wrongs, Bonner was an absolute idiot for what he did last year. In fact I don't think the man is fit to be managing a team at any level given his lack of responsibility and Donegal should seriously consider his suitability. Logan was no better this week in my book. I can understand people getting caught up with emotion and letting it overflow after a game but 2 wrongs don't make a right. For some reason I expected higher standards from Logan given his profession, hence my genuine question but felt dissapointed by him.

Care to retract your comments?

omagh_gael

His profession, no doubt, Influenced how strongly he felt about it considering the serious nature of the accusation. How you fail to understand his motivation in bringing it up after a clearly emotive win suggests to me you're on the wind up more so than being genuine.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2016, 01:32:16 PM
Quote from: ck on April 01, 2016, 01:11:47 PM
I genuinely was asking an honest question. What good could come from Logan bringing that up again?
Predictably the Tyrone response on here is abuse, whataboutery and name calling.

An honest question. If someone accused your team mates of the terrible things Bonner said he did. And, lets for arguments sake, (and for factual sake too) those accusations were false. Would you not like to defend them? Or do you castigate them anyway? The only basis for your question is either bias or stupidity! I hope it's bias!

Even the "proof" posted above says the players probably sledged the Donegal lad so I fail to say why any Tyrone player or management would be angry. They weren't wrongly accused even in the narrow terms that Tyrone people here want to apply. Of course it's pretty obvious the Donegal player wouldn't lie about the details of the sledging given it was something so serious, i.e. his dead father, but no Tyrone person would dare accept that. The lack of compassion for a lad who lost his father from Tyrone is angering to be honest. All they looked to do was hide behind an investigation.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on April 01, 2016, 02:45:13 PM
I genuinely was asking an honest question. What good could come from Logan bringing that up again?
Predictably the Tyrone response on here is abuse, whataboutery and name calling.

An honest question. If someone accused your team mates of the terrible things Bonner said he did. And, lets for arguments sake, (and for factual sake too) those accusations were false. Would you not like to defend them? Or do you castigate them anyway? The only basis for your question is either bias or stupidity! I hope it's bias!

Even the "proof" posted above says the players probably sledged the player so I fail to say why any Tyrone player or management would be angry. They weren't wrongly accused even in the narrow terms that Tyrone people here want to apply. Of course it's pretty obvious the Donegal player wouldn't lie about something so serious but no Tyrone person would dare accept that.

There is not a shred of evidence to say the Donegal player alleged anything, the allegations came directly from Declan Bonner. The problem is that the allegation put forward was that he was goaded about the death of his father, which is a serious allegation and an utterly disgusting act. The investigation conclusively states that this never happened, a finding that is accepted by both parties and something that Donegal do not contest.

Tyrone don't have an issue with the allegations of sledging, they have an issue with the serious nature of what was allegedly said - which was confirmed to be false - a finding which BOTH parties agree upon.

Il Bomber Destro

Here are Kevin Cassidy's comments at time of the incident. Note where he states that Carroll never made any allegations about what happened.

Cassidy is a Gaoth Dobhair clubmate of the Donegal player in question, as well as having been good friends with the players' deceased father, and insists that he "wanted to find out the facts" before commenting on the matter, which he does in his exclusive column in today's Gaelic Life.

"I want to make it clear that the young lad in question holds no grudges and wanted the whole matter to go away as he understands the consequences that it could have for him in the lead up to their next Championship game.

"He is also aware of the impact it could have on those being accused of this which has been largely out of his control as he hasn't spoken to anyone about the incident."

The former Donegal star was also hugely critical of the handling of the incident by the Donegal camp, expressing his disappointment that it had got into the public domain in the first instance.

"The whole thing was wrongly handled from the off. If something is said on the field play and a player is unhappy with what has been said then it should go through the proper channels to ensure that it is dealt with appropriately instead of being dragged through the media."

trueblue1234

Even the "proof" posted above says the players probably sledged the Donegal lad so I fail to say why any Tyrone player or management would be angry. They weren't wrongly accused even in the narrow terms that Tyrone people here want to apply. Of course it's pretty obvious the Donegal player wouldn't lie about the details of the sledging given it was something so serious, i.e. his dead father, but no Tyrone person would dare accept that. The lack of compassion for a lad who lost his father from Tyrone is angering to be honest. All they looked to do was hide behind an investigation.

You really are a nasty piece of work. It was accepted that the sledging was not regarding a lad who lost his father. Your inability to accept that is disgusting and your continued attempt to try and tar a young lad for something that he didn't do is downright disgraceful. And the fact that the motivation to do so is nothing more than sour grapes just makes it worse.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 01, 2016, 03:01:01 PM

You really are a nasty piece of work. It was accepted that the sledging was not regarding a lad who lost his father. Your inability to accept that is disgusting and your continued attempt to try and tar a young lad for something that he didn't do is downright disgraceful.

+1

He's a real lowlife piece of shit.

WT4E

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2016, 03:02:09 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 01, 2016, 03:01:01 PM

You really are a nasty piece of work. It was accepted that the sledging was not regarding a lad who lost his father. Your inability to accept that is disgusting and your continued attempt to try and tar a young lad for something that he didn't do is downright disgraceful.

+1

He's a real lowlife piece of shit.

+1

Syferus is shit on the shoe of the GAA. Giving the good people of Roscommon a bad name!

Main Street

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2016, 02:51:03 PM

Even the "proof" posted above says the players probably sledged the player so I fail to say why any Tyrone player or management would be angry. They weren't wrongly accused even in the narrow terms that Tyrone people here want to apply. Of course it's pretty obvious the Donegal player wouldn't lie about something so serious but no Tyrone person would dare accept that.

There is not a shred of evidence to say the Donegal player alleged anything, the allegations came directly from Declan Bonner. The problem is that the allegation put forward was that he was goaded about the death of his father, which is a serious allegation and an utterly disgusting act. The investigation conclusively states that this never happened, a finding that is accepted by both parties and something that Donegal do not contest.

Tyrone don't have an issue with the allegations of sledging, they have an issue with the serious nature of what was allegedly said - which was confirmed to be false - a finding which BOTH parties agree upon.
There is some evidence  that the Donegal player made an allegation, according to the understanding of the
Donegal Daily

We understand however that the alleged victim – who was allegedly taunted about his late father – stood by the allegations but decided he did not want any further action.

I understand that to mean that he privately stood by his allegation.  But when the player decided he did not want to take it further, then he has no right to make any further comment and nobody should take the case on his behalf.
And the newspaper should not print the assumed private thoughts of the player.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Main Street on April 01, 2016, 04:55:37 PM

There is some evidence  that the Donegal player made an allegation, according to the understanding of the
Donegal Daily

We understand however that the alleged victim – who was allegedly taunted about his late father – stood by the allegations but decided he did not want any further action.

I understand that to mean that he privately stood by his allegation.  But when the player decided he did not want to take it further, then he has no right to make any further comment and nobody should take the case on his behalf.

That is an assumption a Donegal paper is making regards the thoughts of the player. Cassidy's comments are much more definitive and he would seem to be a family friend of the Carrolls. He claimed that Carroll did not speak to anyone about the incident so the allegations have obviously came from elsewhere.

BennyHarp

Donegal Daily

There he is with his daily Tyrone fix. Scouring the Internet for a bit of scandal. There are a lot of reasons why this wasn't pursued but you can continue to facelessly point the finger at a 17 year old lad who has no real right to reply. You do realise that this isn't county Tyrone GAA that you are throwing mud at, it's a young lad who has had enough abuse over it already. An exceptionally brave fellow you are Main Street.
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2016, 06:08:37 PM

Donegal Daily

There he is with his daily Tyrone fix. Scouring the Internet for a bit of scandal. There are a lot of reasons why this wasn't pursued but you can continue to facelessly point the finger at a 17 year old lad who has no real right to reply. You do realise that this isn't county Tyrone GAA that you are throwing mud at, it's a young lad who has had enough abuse over it already. An exceptionally brave fellow you are Main Street.
I haven't pointed any finger you moron.
A young man has lost his father and wants to be left in peace.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on April 01, 2016, 06:48:08 PM

Donegal Daily

Of course you are pointing the finger. At least have the guts to say that's what you are doing! You have no county allegiance here yet you have spent time to google the Donegal Daily, quote the paper with regards to this incident to make a point that the incident happened I.e. Point the finger - I don't think that is leaving the lad in peace either,  do you? Your use of this incident to maintain your mud throwing at Tyrone is nauseating in the extreme.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2016, 07:19:28 PM

Donegal Daily

Of course you are pointing the finger. At least have the guts to say that's what you are doing! You have no county allegiance here yet you have spent time to google the Donegal Daily, quote the paper with regards to this incident to make a point that the incident happened I.e. Point the finger - I don't think that is leaving the lad in peace either,  do you? Your use of this incident to maintain your mud throwing at Tyrone is nauseating in the extreme.

County allegiance is exactly why there wasn't a swift apology by the players involved and the county board and then it could have been left at that. Not this ham-fisted attempt to cover up and deny deny deny. Tyrone don't half hurt themselves when they do get caught. The lack of contrition by officials and supporters alike is the red flag that tells you the message that this stuff needs to stop is not getting through at all.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on April 01, 2016, 08:20:46 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2016, 07:19:28 PM

Donegal Daily

County allegiance is exactly why there wasn't a swift apology by the players involved and the county board and then it could have been left at that. Not this ham-fisted attempt to cover up and deny deny deny. Tyrone don't half hurt themselves when they do get caught. The lack of contrition by officials and supporters alike is the red flag that tells you the message that this stuff needs to stop is not getting through at all.

Why would they apologise for something it was established they did not do?