List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

You seem to disagree with his stance because he should be able to differentiate between various strands of RTE.

I think that's presumptuous on your part, because you have no idea how he feels about what happened back then.

That's all. Apologies if I'm twisting your words.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2015, 01:15:12 PM
You seem to disagree with his stance because he should be able to differentiate between various strands of RTE.

I think that's presumptuous on your part, because you have no idea how he feels about what happened back then.

He knew enough to sign a letter to the Director General regarding Brian Carthy.

He works in the media and dealt with RTE Sports for nearly a decade before the event.

Look. The choice of song was so, so bad that I believe it had to be a terrible mistake. It could only have been made by someone who hadn't a clue about the tragedy. No one in their right mind would have considered that funny or even remotely acceptable if they were aware of what had happened his daughter.

I am not for a second disputing any of that.

But like I say, I believe the boycott on RTE Sports (whatever about the rest of RTE) is damaging to Tyrone and doesn't achieve anything.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 01:38:20 PM

He works in the media and dealt with RTE Sports for nearly a decade before the event.

Look. The choice of song was so, so bad that I believe it had to be a terrible mistake. It could only have been made by someone who hadn't a clue about the tragedy. No one in their right mind would have considered that funny or even remotely acceptable if they were aware of what had happened his daughter.

But like I say, I believe the boycott on RTE Sports (whatever about the rest of RTE) is damaging to Tyrone and doesn't achieve anything.

I agree with that too. But I think he's right to maintain it if he feels strongly about it, and only he can know that.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2015, 01:39:36 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 01:38:20 PM

I agree with that too. But I think he's right to maintain it if he feels strongly about it, and only he can know that.

On a personal level, you are obviously right. But he also has responsibilities elsewhere.

We can probably leave it at that.
MWWSI 2017

mackers

The thing that bugs me is how all of this behaviour sits alongside Harte's deep rooted Christianity?  He is a very devout man who has used his undoubted faith in God to get him through some very dark moments in his life but should he not forgive RTE? Is this not what his religion tells him to do?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

deiseach

Quote from: mackers on August 10, 2015, 03:22:44 PM
The thing that bugs me is how all of this behaviour sits alongside Harte's deep rooted Christianity?  He is a very devout man who has used his undoubted faith in God to get him through some very dark moments in his life but should he not forgive RTE? Is this not what his religion tells him to do?

That's what bugs you about all this? Jesus Christ.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mackers

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2015, 03:31:20 PM
Quote from: mackers on August 10, 2015, 03:22:44 PM

That's what bugs you about all this? Jesus Christ.
???
Jesus doesn't bug me, how Harte's treatment of RTE sits alongside his religious beliefs do.

Soup an Samajiz

Feckin men and their high horses and holier-than-thou attitudes... load of feckin bollix.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

deiseach

Quote from: mackers on August 10, 2015, 03:43:40 PM
Jesus doesn't bug me, how Harte's treatment of RTE sits alongside his religious beliefs do.

Yeah, they are the real victims here.

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 10, 2015, 03:51:03 PM
Feckin men and their high horses and holier-than-thou attitudes... load of feckin bollix.

And by them men I don't mean Micky Harte at all, but the multitude of posters spouting their "great moral beliefs and proper practices" - just to be clear
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

muppet

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 10, 2015, 03:53:20 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 10, 2015, 03:51:03 PM

And by them men I don't mean Micky Harte at all, but the multitude of posters spouting their "great moral beliefs and proper practices" - just to be clear

Are you sure you don't mean Mickey Harte?  ;D

MWWSI 2017

mackers

Let's back up the fecking truck here......my point is about Harte and HIS religious beliefs....not MINE!!

deiseach

Quote from: mackers on August 10, 2015, 04:00:17 PM
Let's back up the fecking truck here......my point is about Harte and HIS religious beliefs....not MINE!!

If Mickey Harte was a Jew, a religion that counsels against turning the other cheek, his actions would not bug you. Is that fair?

mackers

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2015, 04:01:53 PM
Quote from: mackers on August 10, 2015, 04:00:17 PM

If Mickey Harte was a Jew, a religion that counsels against turning the other cheek, his actions would not bug you. Is that fair?
Yea....  ::)