Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:08:03 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 01:24:58 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 10:15:31 PM
A veto is not a reaction?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You guys crack me up.

Full Definition of VETO

:  an authoritative prohibition :  interdiction
a :  a power of one department or branch of a government to forbid or prohibit finally or provisionally the carrying out of projects attempted by another department; especially :  a power vested in a chief executive to prevent permanently or temporarily the enactment of measures passed by a legislature
b (1) :  the exercise of such authority (2) :  a message communicating the reasons of an executive and especially the president of the United States for vetoing a proposed law

Keep digging, the discussion had changed tact to Harte not making a deal out of it as he hasn't really discussed or elaborated on his boycott of RTE. He responded to a direct question with a brief answer. You seem to have a problem following the trail of this discussion and have been looking for ways to worm yourself away from it.

You said "It is amazing how often one's reaction to being wronged, can twist everything around in an instant."

Harte's reaction has been to say nothing or very little on the matter, he is quite right to not engage RTE and it's very understandable he take that stance. You seem to have a big problem with his "reaction" even though it's pretty much a non-reaction in effect and that's not even considering the fact you agree he has strong reasons to have grievances.

Harte has not made a big public issue out of this matter, he has dealt with it in a private and dignified stance and it's people like you seem to get high strung over a very understandable stance and subsequent course of action.

Do you understand that all of the above is merely your opinion?

I think bitterness has consumed you and forced you to feel indignant about a man who was treated crassly by the state broadcaster resulting in him keeping a dignified boycott from them. Why does it bother you so much what Harte has done regards this? You're getting highly strung about it but are unable to articulate any proper rationale for it.

deiseach

RTÉ may not be a hive mind when it comes to the sports department and light entertainment, but it is one when it comes to issuing statements and the statement they gave on the matter was a work of utter villainy, buried in an article primarily about the Tyrone boycott and couched in the slimy Sun-esque lingo of 'we apologise to anyone who was offended (but if you weren't offended, you know we're only apologising because we have to)'. It's not hard to see where the mentality that fought the smear of Fr Kevin Reynolds tooth-and-nail comes from. If Mickey Harte never spoke to RTÉ again, it would be too soon.

ck

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2015, 09:58:33 AM
RTÉ may not be a hive mind when it comes to the sports department and light entertainment, but it is one when it comes to issuing statements and the statement they gave on the matter was a work of utter villainy, buried in an article primarily about the Tyrone boycott and couched in the slimy Sun-esque lingo of 'we apologise to anyone who was offended (but if you weren't offended, you know we're only apologising because we have to)'. It's not hard to see where the mentality that fought the smear of Fr Kevin Reynolds tooth-and-nail comes from. If Mickey Harte never spoke to RTÉ again, it would be too soon.

Meanwhile RTE pundits tear Tyrone to shreds. Last night Colm O'Rourke went as far as to question Tyrone people and the county and "these things follow Tyrone around like a bad smell".
Tyrone then don't have a right to reply cos of Hartes stubbornness and pig headedness. If he is manager he has a duty to speak on behalf of his team or at least put forward a spokesman, until he does they remain defenceless and wide open for criticism.
Diving, cynical play, dirty play, sledging, poor behaviour, rowdy supporters.. This is Tyrone. Tyrones silence on all of these just fuels the perception that it's all true.

deiseach

Quote from: ck on August 10, 2015, 10:24:31 AM
Meanwhile RTE pundits tear Tyrone to shreds. Last night Colm O'Rourke went as far as to question Tyrone people and the county and "these things follow Tyrone around like a bad smell".
Tyrone then don't have a right to reply cos of Hartes stubbornness and pig headedness. If he is manager he has a duty to speak on behalf of his team or at least put forward a spokesman, until he does they remain defenceless and wide open for criticism.
Diving, cynical play, dirty play, sledging, poor behaviour, rowdy supporters.. This is Tyrone. Tyrones silence on all of these just fuels the perception that it's all true.

Tyrone may well be adopting a Millwall attitude that no one likes us we don't care. Constantly taking any slight on any individual as a mortal insult to the entire county doesn't seem to have done Kerry any harm (not that I think it helps either).

AZOffaly

Quote from: ck on August 09, 2015, 12:46:31 PM
I have absolutely no grudge or issue with Tyrone or their people but their history of cynicism, dirty play and downright poor behaviour is there for all to see. Even the Tyrone manager won't speak to RTE for some unknown reason. I genuinely believe there is a general culture in tyrone that doesn't exist in any other county.

As for that pathetic dive last night by the Tyrone No.10. I'd guess half the country simply rolled their eyes and just thought, that's Tyrone for you.

It's not an unknown reason. And I think he's right if he feels strongly about it.

50fiftyball

Muppet = loser, fully merits the title after his incoherent rant in this thread. Spewing out your "opinion" on a message board throwing in cheap shots, would you express this opinion in person to Harte, or for that matter any tyrone gael?

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 06:28:38 AM
Muppet your talking shite again and got yourself backed up against a wall in a pointless feckin argument.

But then thats precisely what your always fishing for, as you relish it

Feck off to your safe the world issues.

The usual ad hominem but no argument from you.

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: 50fiftyball on August 10, 2015, 11:22:16 AM
Muppet = loser, fully merits the title after his incoherent rant in this thread. Spewing out your "opinion" on a message board throwing in cheap shots, would you express this opinion in person to Harte, or for that matter any tyrone gael?

Cheap shots?  ;D

Have you read you own post?

I disagree with Harte's veto. Big deal. Why all the vitriol?

MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 11:52:47 AM

What is it you disagree with? Do you think GAA managers should always have to meet the press? Do you think the reasons for his boycott are not adequate?

screenexile

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2015, 11:55:04 AM

What is it you disagree with? Do you think GAA managers should always have to meet the press? Do you think the reasons for his boycott are not adequate?

I can't answer for muppet but I do think they should always meet the press... a lot of people do INCLUDING the Tyrone Chairperson!!! It's part of the job description and he really should do it at this stage.

I think the reasons for his boycott are OTT. Yes the show made a poor ill conceived joke. Did they mean for the offence that was taken? I doubt it. RTE made both a public and private apology so why not move on. Also it has very little to do with the RTE Sports department.

For a man of such great faith I would have thought forgiveness and reconciliation would have come into play here. . . obviously not!

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2015, 11:55:04 AM

The unquestionably crass skit was on a radio programme that is now axed. That programme wasn't even a production of the RTE Sports Department but he has decided to boycott all of RTE, including RTE Sports.

His supporters seem to believe that it was all part of a big RTE conspiracy. If that is what you believe, fine.

I don't think RTE would be able to, or even bothered to, organise such a conspiracy and I believe it was simply a crass skit by a poor comedian. I'd say most of RTE had no idea about it until it blew up.

I believe the boycott is damaging Tyrone GAA at this stage. What can he possibly achieve now with it?

MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

I see they asked Jordan what he thought of McCann dive, didn't think they should focus on 1 incident! lol, what people expect from a man who got another man sent off in an All-Ireland final!

deiseach

I don't believe there was a conspiracy against Mickey Harte. However, if you can't understand a father's rage at the organisation that poured salt into the wounds caused by the murder of his daughter then behaved afterwards as if it were no big thing, fine. I'm sure you'd be dispassionate enough to differentiate between the various parts of said organisation and work in the national interest if a similar fate ever befell you.

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2015, 12:15:10 PM
For a man of such great faith I would have thought forgiveness and reconciliation would have come into play here. . . obviously not!

This a crass thing to say. It's not for you to decide to whom Mickey Harte should extend his forgiveness.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on August 10, 2015, 12:28:42 PM
I don't believe there was a conspiracy against Mickey Harte. However, if you can't understand a father's rage at the organisation that poured salt into the wounds caused by the murder of his daughter then behaved afterwards as if it were no big thing, fine. I'm sure you'd be dispassionate enough to differentiate between the various parts of said organisation and work in the national interest if a similar fate ever befell you.

I be pissed off at the person who did it, certainly.

It doesn't require dispassion to see the different between the person who did something wrong, and punishing everyone in the class.
MWWSI 2017