2015/2016 Premier League

Started by ONeill, August 03, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 17, 2015, 09:59:24 AM
Lads we might have to start shouting for Arsenal, City, Chelsea and United because if the English teams' piss poor form in Europe continues, we might be talking about a top 3 battle, rather than a top 4.

Chelsea have been saving the Premier League's ass for the last 5 seasons, and looking likely to do so again. There should be a rule if you don't reach the last 8 for three seasons in a row you lose your slot for a season. Arsenal are just taking up space now.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

deiseach

Uefa will rig it so that England keeps four places. 'Expanding the competition', they'll call it. BT did not pay 900m quid so people could watch Torino.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on September 17, 2015, 10:33:53 AM
Uefa will rig it so that England keeps four places. 'Expanding the competition', they'll call it. BT did not pay 900m quid so people could watch Torino.

Actually had the same thought myself last night. BT are doing a decent job on it too I think. Stevie G doesn't pull many punches, and neither does Rio. Ian Wright is still painful however.

deiseach

I kinda like Ian Wright, at least when he is talking about England. His enthusiasm makes a refreshing change from Larry, Curly and Mo on RTÉ. I can appreciate how your mileage may vary though.

Boycey

Can't be arsed looking for the Chelsea thread but I think Costas reputation got him that 3 match ban... Harsh...

AZOffaly

Reputation and previous behaviour. And the media.

It's like the GAA and the NFL. Maybe I'm being too harsh on the GAA. It appears that whenever social media or the traditional media get 'outraged' over behaviour, the sporting bodies tailor their punishments accordingly.

The NFL appeals process is a joke, so things end up in the courts.
The GAA process is basically a pathway to the DRA.
Not sure what the process is in soccer, other than an appeal to the FA. I'd say if they had an independent reviewer, a lot of their bans would be overturned as well.

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2015, 09:58:55 AM
Reputation and previous behaviour. And the media.

It's like the GAA and the NFL. Maybe I'm being too harsh on the GAA. It appears that whenever social media or the traditional media get 'outraged' over behaviour, the sporting bodies tailor their punishments accordingly.

The NFL appeals process is a joke, so things end up in the courts.
The GAA process is basically a pathway to the DRA.
Not sure what the process is in soccer, other than an appeal to the FA. I'd say if they had an independent reviewer, a lot of their bans would be overturned as well.

It's becoming a mirror of the legal 'system' - the more money you have to throw at the process, the less likely you are to face the consequences of your actions. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

laoislad

Anyone with Aguero in their fantasy team will be doing well today!
5 goals after 62mins  :o
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

I tried to fit him in but would have to sell half my team to do it. So stuck a tenner on him for a hat trick at 12-1 !!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on October 03, 2015, 04:29:07 PM
Anyone with Aguero in their fantasy team will be doing well today!
5 goals after 62mins  :o

Couple of boys in a league Im in have him as captain! 44 points with bonus to come yet.

ONeill

Watching Falcao's dive there and yellow card - at least a couple of years ago players would pretend to be shocked at being accused of diving.

It's just like a bad tackle now. Soccer authorities have given up on addressing cheating.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GJL

Chelsea are fooked. Will Jose get a p45?

quit yo jibbajabba

If this season gets any better for Utd EC Unique might even make a comeback  ;D

stew

Quote from: Boycey on September 22, 2015, 07:52:35 PM
Can't be arsed looking for the Chelsea thread but I think Costas reputation got him that 3 match ban... Harsh...

He is a kn**ker, I cant stand watching that fcuker dive, moan, yap, beg for yellows, mouth at opposition players, yap at refs and Linesmen, he is a puke and is shite at the minute, like so many Chelsea players.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 03, 2015, 07:53:11 PM
If this season gets any better for Utd EC Unique might even make a comeback  ;D
I'm fairly sure he still walks among us....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.