Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Ah lads desperately disappointed, thats our last 3 semis lost. I thought we had the winning of that match but fair play to Kerry, they where the better team and  won fair and square.

First of, the kickouts.... Although Morgan had a howler, it wasnt entirely his fault. In the first half things were going great Kerry were pushed up but just werent clued in enough and he got away with the short kickouts. HT they obviously got a rollicking about it and they got their act together, men were covered, runner were covered so there was no one to hit to. So... hit it long and see how our midfield fares, we did ok on their kickouts, but he was obiviously told not to. Another problems is that as a goalie he may not be experienced enuff when his kickouts are under pressure, he plays outfield for Edendork so he may not have encountered that problem so often.

Goals Goals Goals... we should have had a bagful, McAliskey backed himself in the HF but he knew McCurry was there, he seen him. He had a split second to make the decision tho  but he should have given it. Bradley shot was a good save but should have been a grass trimmer. Shud have had another penalty...blah blah shuda wuda cuda. we didnt hit them and I honestly thought that goals were not a problem coming into this match, our lack of them was just down to how things were working out, but we obviously do, we need composed finishers.

Frees: Morgan to date has not been good this year and this game was not the time to be testing his form. I know Mickey is all into placing faith in the players and all that, which will be repayed eventually but after miss no.2 shud he have got the stage hook. McCurry had an off day to wether it was the rain or what I dunno, shudda played them short. His free after the goal wud really have kicked us on, we needed that to continue the momentum.

Lack of scoring prowess: McCurry and Bradley and to a lesser extent McAliskey were our only two men with any composure in front of goal. We need more forwards who can score, what about Ronan O'Neill is unfit or what? His talent is unreal. How many feckin times did McCrory end up on the end of a move? How in the hell did that happen? Can McCann do anything but run (no smart answers!) he's like Forest bleedin gump, which is fine and well but he needs to use his brain a bit more if he can't shoot.

Big players not performing: McCurry and Harte were good but not at their best, Sean quiet, Mattie quiet. But then Kerry's big names were quiet too.

Lack of a bench: Kerry's was better, end of. McNulty was the only notable performer, he played well when he came on, would have been interesting to see how he performed in a full aerial battle with Kerry. can't understand why he was given so much time in the league and little in the championship when we would inevitably come up against big midfielders if we got a run going. But he's well blooded now so hopefully we will see more of him next year

Ref: Not a major factor in the outcome but seriously frustrating none the less. McNamee got a black card for trying to attempting to dispossess the Gooch and Geaney really came into it after that, Crowley's yellow, Kerry handy frees, 2nd penalty blah blah.... NcNamee's was the most annoying actually.

On the up side I thought the defence performed admirably and I think it is fair to say that we now have a rearguard that is mean, efficient and works very well together, there is definite bite back there, nice to have goin forward. They kept Kerry's danger men to a minimal influence however Geaney had a huge impact on the game as did Buckley in the first half. I think we got a real team here to work with going forward, great feeling of team spirit we just need to get some more composed forwards..... 03+05=08, 03+05+08=16???? Maybe but sure all thats a load o balls

Overall it was a good match, tho neither team are a patch on the naughties sides. Kerry deserved the win but they have work to do for the final, those goal chances will be converted by the Dubs or Mayo.

omaghjoe

Feckin comments on here wud do your head in, there was some big hits went in some legal some not, some deliberate, some not...... from both sides.

On the other hand there was some playacting, diving, and "cynical play" and it was only one side at it. I don't give a shite about it, Kerry where the better team and that's it.

But the posters on here.... one week are complaining about Tyrone diving and playacting and how you yearn for the days when men were manly and put in big hits.

Then the next week you are complaining about Tyrone putting in big hits, ignoring the other teams hits and their "cynical play" and playacting.

So what's worse lads, big hits? or cynical play and playacting? Or do yis just hate Tyrone no matter what they do?

Childish hypocrisy not even worth entertaining, grow up wud yis.

For what its worth today was much better than 2 weeks ago, Ciaran Hughes and Paul Finlay had zero intention of playing any football 2 weeks ago, whereas today everyone was fully committed to playing football

imtommygunn

Even if it's articulate drivel it's still drivel.

Lol - I wonder who that is aimed at.

Hound

Hard luck to Tyrone. Nothing worse than losing a game you could have won.

From a neutral's perspective I thought the ref did fine. You'll never get every decision right, but given you have to call it as you see it within a split second, I thought every decision he made was understandable. With one exception - McNamee's foul was clearly not a black card offence.

Did that cost them the game? It might have been significant, but they have to look at themselves - the missed goals chances from McAlliskey and Bradley, the very poor performance from Morgan and the lack of impact made by SeanC.

Thought both managers did very well.

doodaa

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 24, 2015, 06:47:59 AM
Feckin comments on here wud do your head in, there was some big hits went in some legal some not, some deliberate, some not...... from both sides.

On the other hand there was some playacting, diving, and "cynical play" and it was only one side at it. I don't give a shite about it, Kerry where the better team and that's it.

But the posters on here.... one week are complaining about Tyrone diving and playacting and how you yearn for the days when men were manly and put in big hits.

Then the next week you are complaining about Tyrone putting in big hits, ignoring the other teams hits and their "cynical play" and playacting.

So what's worse lads, big hits? or cynical play and playacting? Or do yis just hate Tyrone no matter what they do?

Childish hypocrisy not even worth entertaining, grow up wud yis.

For what its worth today was much better than 2 weeks ago, Ciaran Hughes and Paul Finlay had zero intention of playing any football 2 weeks ago, whereas today everyone was fully committed to playing football

Fcuk me that's hilarious ^^^^^

Soup an Samajiz

haven't got reading all the comments and don't know if it's been highlighted but,

I think the Tyrone full back line were immense, especially in the first half. Thought it was a superb game of football. Was surprised that there is even a discussion about whether McNulty should have got a penalty, thought it was as clear cut as your going to see. Buckley was superb. After Morgan went jumping and punching the air from kicking the first free - a fantastic effort - it all went very much downhill for him, nightmare game.

All in all though.. great game of football, disappointed with the result but pleased with the performance going forward.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hound on August 24, 2015, 08:47:35 AM
Hard luck to Tyrone. Nothing worse than losing a game you could have won.

From a neutral's perspective I thought the ref did fine. You'll never get every decision right, but given you have to call it as you see it within a split second, I thought every decision he made was understandable. With one exception - McNamee's foul was clearly not a black card offence.

Did that cost them the game? It might have been significant, but they have to look at themselves - the missed goals chances from McAlliskey and Bradley, the very poor performance from Morgan and the lack of impact made by SeanC.

Thought both managers did very well.

I actually could see why he gave mcnamee a black card but I couldn't see why he didn't give Enright a black card. That was really blatant. He's a very good defender too and it would have made a difference had he went off.

highorlow

QuoteGAA Black card offences are:

1 To deliberately pull down an opponent

2 To deliberately trip an opponent with hand, arm or foot

3 To deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play

4 To use abusive or provocative language or gestures to players

5 To remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a match official.

Would MacNamee's foul fall into 3 above?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AZOffaly

No. That #3 is related to taking a man's run out. Your rarely see that anymore. It's aimed at the fella that deliberately takes the man after he has passed the ball, so that he can't run for a return pass, or for deliberately taking a man out who is running to support the play.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2015, 09:16:03 AM
No. That #3 is related to taking a man's run out. Your rarely see that anymore. It's aimed at the fella that deliberately takes the man after he has passed the ball, so that he can't run for a return pass, or for deliberately taking a man out who is running to support the play.

Yeah it's not a 3rd man tackle if the man you're tackling has the ball in his hands.

westbound

I thought the ref had a good game and I could understand all (except 1) of the decisions he made (that doesn't mean he got them all 100% right, but I could see the logic in them when he only had one angle and a split second to make the decision).

The one I don't understand is the mcnamee black card for tyrone. It was a tough tackle, definite foul and probable yellow card to me, so I couldn't understand what the black card was for.

However, I was thinking afterwards, some of the tyrone players seemed to strongly protest to the referee after that incident and I'm wondering if the ref give the black card for either the 4th or 5th type of black card offence
i.e. 4 To use abusive or provocative language or gestures to players

5 To remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a match official.

Obviously, I have no idea what was going through the ref's head, and I wasn't at the game (watched on tv) so I'm not even sure if mcnamee did say anything to the ref. But I was wondering what some of the people here who were at the game thought?

Is it possible the black card wasn't for the tackle, but was for protesting instead?

I'd love for the ref to come out and explain decisions like this - never gonna happen, but if the ref explained his thought process at the time there would be much less criticism of him I think.

The other thing I should say is that I'm looking at this incident in isolation. There have been many incidents throughout the year (and probably yesterday) whereby a player(s) remonstrated agressively and no black card was produced!

Actually, another question for the board is has anyone in any senior championship match ever been blacked carded for offences 4 or 5 above?

Disillusioned

The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

highorlow

QuoteSin e

Well done Kerry.

Tyrone left that game behind them with poor decisions, poor free taking and some very wayward shooting.

Rebuilding process coming along nicely though.

You might as well add "poor discipline". MacNabb gave away an easy free for his miss timed challenge on gooch and he also danced with the ball in the 1st half which resulted in a free getting brought in 30 yards which JOD popped over.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go