Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyoslabs

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 19, 2015, 11:14:13 AM
It is one thing expressing a dislike for Tyrone's style of football but references to Nordies(or freestaters for that matter) Brits, UK championships etc is nothing short of racist sectarian sledging and takes away from any serious contribution posters make. Of course calling someone a knob is also a mature and reasoned argument. For the record I am not from Tyrone and I don't condone violence on the GAA field. But Tyrone aren't the only perpetrators of diving or violence and as a keen follower of hurling I can say some of the belts delivered in this years championship make the handbags in football look tame by comparison.

well stop looking for the mods to mind you everytime you read something you dont like,and if you want to discuss hurling then go over to that thread,I was actually told to go over there a while ago. :D,

Soup an Samajiz

I'm guna gather a squad of Derrytresk boys and just go buck daft on Sunday. Give the papers something to write about
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Ballaghman

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 19, 2015, 11:33:54 AM
It is one thing expressing a dislike for Tyrone's style of football but references to Nordies(or freestaters for that matter) Brits, UK championships etc is nothing short of racist sectarian sledging and takes away from any serious contribution posters make. Of course calling someone a knob is also a mature and reasoned argument. For the record I am not from Tyrone and I don't condone violence on the GAA field. But Tyrone aren't the only perpetrators of diving or violence and as a keen follower of hurling I can say some of the belts delivered in this years championship make the handbags in football look tame by comparison.

well stop looking for the mods to mind you everytime you read something you dont like,and if you want to discuss hurling then go over to that thread,I was actually told to go over there a while ago. :D,

Giving an opinion is spot on, why wouldn't it be? Blatantly trying wind people up isn't, it's sad and childish. However, that's easy to ignore, it's your time you're wasting. Referring to the Gaels on here from a certain part of Ulster as being from the UK and stuff like that is never acceptable and should be an instantly bannable offence imo.

Applesisapples

Tedious....

paddyoslabs

Quote from: Ballaghman on August 19, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

Giving an opinion is spot on, why wouldn't it be? Blatantly trying wind people up isn't, it's sad and childish. However, that's easy to ignore, it's your time you're wasting. Referring to the Gaels on here from a certain part of Ulster as being from the UK and stuff like that is never acceptable and should be an instantly bannable offence imo.

iam not trying to wind anybody up or offend anyone for that matter,I have a right to hate Tyrone and all they stand for.if they are happy to get results as they do,thats their affair,dosent mean people have to like it.There are more than me on here slating them,would love it even one tyrone person would come and and condem their antics.

Gaaboardmod3

paddy stop the crap or bugger off.

Lads, I don't be on every thread all the time, so please do report any posts you feel violate the rules of the board. Paddy, some of your ones are gone beyond slagging and are into the realm of posting to provoke a reaction, or personal abuse. Consider this a warning.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 19, 2015, 02:17:27 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on August 19, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

iam not trying to wind anybody up or offend anyone for that matter,I have a right to hate Tyrone and all they stand for.if they are happy to get results as they do,thats their affair,dosent mean people have to like it.There are more than me on here slating them,would love it even one tyrone person would come and and condem their antics.

I'm a Tyrone fanatic and I think the actions of Tiernan McCann were disgraceful.  I openly condemn them.  There was no need, the game was won, absolutely nothing was gained from this.  However the way he has been hung out to dry is equally scandalous. I could understand the media reaction if he did this in the 1st minute of the game where then his cheating won Tyrone the game but this was not the case.  Look at the incident, the lad was foolish, id like to think he regrets it but the witch hunt on sites such as this and responsible media such as RTE and written press the game was over. McCann has since had to delete his twitter account due to the keyboard warriors, this is a young lad, not a professional everyone needs to realise he is a volunteer that made a bad judgement.  If his ban is overturned I hope he is mentally capable of performing against Kerry and I'd urge all Tyrone fans to support him through this tough time.  Tir Eoghain Abu 
Living the dream!!!

AZOffaly

Lads I'm thinking Kerry might be walking into a buzzsaw here. How did the appeal go last night I wonder? Apologies if it has been mentioned here. Tyrone have been scoring heavily enough, although probably not enough goals. They may need to score 1 or 2 to beat Kerry, but I can see them certainly causing the Kingdom a lot of bother. I'm not convinced by Kerry when teams run at them, and when Tyrone counter with lads like Cavanagh bombing through the middle I can see problems.

Kerry should win on all known evidence, but Tyrone are a solid team, if not quite what we saw in the 00s. I'm not so sure Kerry are either though.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2015, 02:35:35 PM
Lads I'm thinking Kerry might be walking into a buzzsaw here. How did the appeal go last night I wonder? Apologies if it has been mentioned here. Tyrone have been scoring heavily enough, although probably not enough goals. They may need to score 1 or 2 to beat Kerry, but I can see them certainly causing the Kingdom a lot of bother. I'm not convinced by Kerry when teams run at them, and when Tyrone counter with lads like Cavanagh bombing through the middle I can see problems.

Kerry should win on all known evidence, but Tyrone are a solid team, if not quite what we saw in the 00s. I'm not so sure Kerry are either though.

It's tonight I believe.
That was never a square ball!!

paddyoslabs

fair play Tyrone gaa,thats a start,McCann is just one in a huge line of incidents that bring shame on football in Tyrone,

yellowcard

This talk about McCann and his appeal is a bit of a red herring. If he does get off tonight (which I expect that he will) then he will probably not be in the best mental state to play on Sunday anyway so either way Tyrone will be weakened slightly. Harte being Harte may well decide to play him anyway but that would be a huge risk as he will probably be under massive pressure in the biggest game of his career and will probably be targeted by Kerry. It will help fill column inches before the match but I feel that it will have little impact on the result. 

AZOffaly

From a Tyrone perspective it may actually serve the greater good if he is suspended, maybe reduced to 4 weeks (although I believe that cannot happen because 8 weeks is the minimum for the charge). Tyrone with a sense of injustice will be very dangerous. Tyrone 'vindicated' may be a little less on edge.

Soup an Samajiz

not at all... its not just about the siege mentality and everything else... as Ive said here before, don't underestimate how much of a loss McCann is to Tyrone, he may not have all the skills of a Darren McCurry or that, but his role in the team is paramount in Micky Harte's game plan... Their defensive tactics of sitting back only really work when they have a few superb ball carriers to counter which ensure possession rather than gambling on breaking via threading kick passes through a thick Kerry defense to men like McCurry and McAliskey who have struggled to win their own 50/50ball.. McCann is one, of the main ball carriers for Tyrone, second maybe to Pete Harte
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

AZOffaly

I know McCann has become a steady player for them, but in Net terms a distracted McCann who will undoubtedly be reminded of his nonsense might not be as big an asset as otherwise.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2015, 03:13:25 PM
I know McCann has become a steady player for them, but in Net terms a distracted McCann who will undoubtedly be reminded of his nonsense might not be as big an asset as otherwise.

The almost-dark-but-more-gray-so-grand-really arts? Surely not in Kerry?
MWWSI 2017