Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: CD on August 09, 2015, 12:43:22 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 09, 2015, 10:35:50 AM
Think you'll see very little ball going down the middle from Morgan. There'll be a lot of short kicks and splitting/pulling their midfield out to the flanks.

Morgan's kicking yesterday was top drawer, we'll need a similar performance in a fortnight.
Agree with that. Kerry would absolutely clean Tyrone out in midfield but Tyrone are well versed in playing around that problem. I've a feeling both Donaghy and Gooch will start in the full forward line with possibly Walsh coming in in the second half in the half forward line for added physicality and to exploit the advantage that Kerry have. This might leave them a bit short of speed in the midfield area with Sheehan in there as well and O'Mahoney in the half back line. That's definitely an area Tyrone can exploit. The speed of Donnelly, Harte and McCann was phenomenal yesterday and instrumental in their win. McCann made so many lung bursting runs of 40 and 50 metres and the Monahghan half back line were exposed time and again.

Mc Cann will be mentally drained the next time he takes the field after the fall-out from yesterday

omagh_gael

Estimator

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 09, 2015, 12:23:34 PM
Quote from: Estimator on August 09, 2015, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 04, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
With Kerry v Derry in the minors, if its Kerry v Tyrone in the seniors, could that mean we'll see the Derry supporters cheering for Tyrone and Tyrone supporters cheering for Derry?
This happened in '95. Derry minors and Tyrone seniors played their respective Galway counterparts. A sizeable section of the Tyrone 'support' were certainly supporting the Tribesmen in the minor game. Hopefully the Tyrone support have matured since then. In fairness at that stage Tyrone had yet to win the All-Ireland, so their bitterness towards Derry was probably understandable.

Absolute rubbish Tyrone got behind the Derry minors that year. The Derry manager thanked the support that they got.
Nope. I was in the lower Cusack for that game, and the amount of white and red flag that were raised when Galway scored was equal/slightly more than for a Derry score. There was a 60:40 split in the Tyrone fans around me. With the majority going for Galway.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. Just what I observed.
Ulster League Champions 2009

blanketattack

Quote from: GJL on August 09, 2015, 09:27:28 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 09:12:47 AM
Quote from: GJL on August 09, 2015, 09:09:36 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 08:59:33 AM
If Tyrone concentrate on football they have a good chance . Kerry aren't as good as people have them at present . But they won't concentrate on football they'll bring it down to the base levels and they'll lose . Kerry will get the frees necessary to win the game by 5/6 points

Pity.

Tyrone have their faults but conceding a lot of scorable frees is not one of them. If Tyrone are to beat Kerry they will have to address a different fault. They will have to find the net.

They haven't faced an attack like Kerry's all season which will move them around . When they do and they start getting frustrated they'll resort to type and concede frees. They also haven't faced a midfield like Kerry which is the best midfield in the game

I guess time will tell. I know one thing though. Kerry would rather Monaghan won yesterday.

Definitely prefer having to face Tyrone rather than Monaghan.
One positive with this Kerry team compared to previous years is even if you stop Kerry's two main forwards e.g. JOD and Gooch, Kerry still have the likes of O'Brien that can pop up with 1-4, ditto Paul Geaney, Kieran Donaghy, Darren O'Sullivan, etc. Even Donncha Walsh who isn't really a big scorer, still usually drifts in for a goal chance most games.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Estimator on August 09, 2015, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on August 09, 2015, 12:23:34 PM
Quote from: Estimator on August 09, 2015, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 04, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
With Kerry v Derry in the minors, if its Kerry v Tyrone in the seniors, could that mean we'll see the Derry supporters cheering for Tyrone and Tyrone supporters cheering for Derry?
This happened in '95. Derry minors and Tyrone seniors played their respective Galway counterparts. A sizeable section of the Tyrone 'support' were certainly supporting the Tribesmen in the minor game. Hopefully the Tyrone support have matured since then. In fairness at that stage Tyrone had yet to win the All-Ireland, so their bitterness towards Derry was probably understandable.

Absolute rubbish Tyrone got behind the Derry minors that year. The Derry manager thanked the support that they got.
Nope. I was in the lower Cusack for that game, and the amount of white and red flag that were raised when Galway scored was equal/slightly more than for a Derry score. There was a 60:40 split in the Tyrone fans around me. With the majority going for Galway.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. Just what I observed.

I disagree with you the Derry manager (i think his name was Brow) thanked the support they got that day. Look it up and correct me if I'm wrong. The Derry team in 93 stopped off in the Moy were there was a reception for them & they were applauded going through Dungannon.

redzone

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 09, 2015, 01:16:18 PM
Jaysis Sidney you're a sad man.

Agreed. I'd be worried about somebody like him. May well be mentally not right. Probably best to ignore him. He seems to be consumed by the whole thing.

Wildweasel74

At that game myself in the canal end, wasnt too many Tyrone people cheering for Derry, hardly mattered anyway!

Aaron Boone

Kerry were so good against Kildare, it's hard to see a best combo of the other 3 semi-finalists beating them.

Il Bomber Destro

We'll need to be very disciplined in this game and not let Kerry and their antics interfere with us imposing our footballing game on them. The Southern media will be in overdrive after what happened yesterday, we need to win this one for the Derrytresk lads and for the biased and hypocritical horseshit that has been circulated in the media over the years about Tyrone.

5 Sams

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 04:47:08 PM
We'll need to be very disciplined in this game and not let Kerry and their antics interfere with us imposing our footballing game on them. The Southern media will be in overdrive after what happened yesterday, we need to win this one for the Derrytresk lads and for the biased and hypocritical horseshit that has been circulated in the media over the years about Tyrone.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I have a feeling this poor creatur is serious!
The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

Oh I get it. Your shtick is that you're the Tyrone Mike Sheedy.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 09, 2015, 05:05:39 PM

Anyone who was at the 05 final knows the special treatment Canavan came in for from Tom O'Sullivan where we as goaded, taunted and attacked for the full game but of course we heard nothing about it due to the blindness some people have in respect to Kerry. Peter The Great came up with a superb 1-01 from play and Tyrone became All Ireland Champions.

Kerry had no problem lowering the blade against us but still it wasn't enough. The attempts the Southern media have made to try and devalue our achievements doesn't sit well with me.

red hander

Quote from: tyroneman on August 09, 2015, 09:23:02 AM
Quote from: stew on August 08, 2015, 06:44:23 PM
Quote from: The Trap on August 08, 2015, 05:51:13 PM
What age are you stew? Must be good playing under 12 football.......

They are a gaggle that are strangling the game of football, they blacken the name of the GAA with the thuggery and knavery they get up to, in short, f**k them!

Remind me which county couldn't even let a challenge match with Dublin get thrown in before starting with the thuggery?

Or an Ulster Championship game against Cavan... pathetic apple chomping hypocrites who will never get over 2003  :'(

5 Sams

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 05:10:56 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on August 09, 2015, 05:05:39 PM

Anyone who was at the 05 final knows the special treatment Canavan came in for from Tom O'Sullivan where we as goaded, taunted and attacked for the full game but of course we heard nothing about it due to the blindness some people have in respect to Kerry. Peter The Great came up with a superb 1-01 from play and Tyrone became All Ireland Champions.

Kerry had no problem lowering the blade against us but still it wasn't enough. The attempts the Southern media have made to try and devalue our achievements doesn't sit well with me.

This was the bit I laughed at..."we need to win this one for the Derrytresk lads".... :D :D :D :D :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

StGallsGAA

Don't mind him.  Derrytresk are pure hallions who would know football from cow dung.