Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Jaysus Jinxy, every time I looked at that game I saw individual Kildare backs being destroyed in 1 on 1 situations. I think it was the 3rd goal where the forward was out in front, turned, ran at and just blew by the Kildare defender before hammering it into the net.

I really like Gooch out on the 40 though. He rarely wastes a pass. If they are playing tight defenses, the Kerry forwards will need to identify the spaces that are available, contrary to belief they do exist, and someone like Gooch will need to deliver accurate ball.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Even in the first half. Stephen O'Brien was kicking points like he was below in Kenmare against Templenoe.

Jinxy

That's because Kildare thought "he's normally just a sub" and decided that Emmet Bolton could go forward and not worry too much about him.
The FB line were good.
Ollie Lyons did well on O'Donoghue.
Like I said, there was loads of good ball coming in.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2015, 04:03:31 PM
That's because Kildare thought "he's normally just a sub" and decided that Emmet Bolton could go forward and not worry too much about him.
The FB line were good.
Ollie Lyons did well on O'Donoghue.
Like I said, there was loads of good ball coming in.
The Kildare backs were playing really well in the first half. Winning in excess of 70% of the ball coming into them. Generally far quicker to react to ball coming in than the Kerry forwards.

But the problems Kildare had was they weren't supporting each other when in attack, the corner forward who was supposed to come back and mark O'Brien forgot his job, and the keeper's kick outs continually handed possession to Kerry. So overall there was just too much ball going in and the points totted up.

The second half was a whole different story though....

Croí na hÉireann

the second half was the story of Kerry displaying superb in game analysis. As soon as they saw the sweeper removed from the D they looked to exploit the space, case in point being O'Sullivans goal where he held his run until the ball was kicked in to Gooch.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

blanketattack

So Kerry vs Tyrone it is.
I'd say this year's encounter will make the 2003 match seem like a Van Gogh.
Would be happy with 1-0 0-2 victory.

stew

Quote from: blanketattack on August 08, 2015, 05:44:24 PM
So Kerry vs Tyrone it is.
I'd say this year's encounter will make the 2003 match seem like a Van Gogh.
Would be happy with 1-0 0-2 victory.

I hope Kerry kick seven shades of shite outta them! Oh and a massive win for Kery would be nice too.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Trap

What age are you stew? Must be good playing under 12 football.......

Gabriel_Hurl

stew

Quote from: The Trap on August 08, 2015, 05:51:13 PM
What age are you stew? Must be good playing under 12 football.......

They are a gaggle that are strangling the game of football, they blacken the name of the GAA with the thuggery and knavery they get up to, in short, f**k them!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

redcard

They are a gaggle that are strangling the game of football, they blacken the name of the GAA with the thuggery and knavery they get up to, in short, f**k them!
[/quote]

Leave Armagh out of this.

TheGateKeeper

Grow up son; you lost, but you'll get over it!

Tir Eoghain abu                 ;)

Darby

Quote from: TheGateKeeper on August 08, 2015, 07:01:30 PM
Grow up son; you lost, but you'll get over it!

Tir Eoghain abu                 ;)
The Gate Keeper? You're leaving plenty past you. Son.