Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outside-the-wire

Sean Cav at the beginning of the year was so concerned about sledging and mental health of players. Seemed to be mouthing at McManus a few times. Would love to know what he was saying. McManus took exception to it so I guess it wasn't chitchat.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 02:06:25 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
McMahon did seem to be doing some serious slabbering on Tv, nearly a re-run of his brother at halftime in the Donegal game

Serious slabbering? What was he saying or who to? How many times did you see this 'serious slabbering'?

Sky had a player cam on him. It was only available to houses with Sky in the Sperrins though 

trileacman

Can't condone McCann's actions. I've said since the days of Aidan O'Mahoneys dive v Cork it should carry a 1 match ban applied retrospectively. T'is the only way to address it.

Think there's a lot of hysteria about the rest of the game. Meath took out our talisman and team leader in 96 before trying a frontal lobotomy on Brian Dooher. They're remembered as a good hard team from a golden era from the rose-tinted brigade. The ending to today's game which ended in farce had a lot to do with the terrible refereeing of Duffy. f**k the match would have stood a better chance from the likes of Pat McEnaney or even god forbid Paddy Russell. The standard of refereeing today is f**king shambolic, Padraic Hughes, the Duffy's (because one wasn't enough) and Joe McQuillan represent the fresh-faced bullshit from modern HQ on how to be a ref, ie, pointless f**king box-tickers. The match had all the hallmarks of a ref who'd lost the respect of the players and hence the closing anarchy. Having handed out some very soft frees early to McAliskey, Cavanagh and McCrory he then turned his attention to screwing Tyrone instead of Monaghan by black carding Meyler. Several potential black cards for Tyrone were then overlooked off the back of this shitty call.

Cavanagh was very pumped for this game and put in a savage performance but was too highly strung. His yellow card had been coming and following it, Harte put him into FF where he couldn't rush in so rashly again. McNamee too became increasingly frustrated and aggressive towards the end of the game and many managers would have recognised as a player starting to lose the head and called him ashore. But Monaghan players too, most notably Finlay and Hughes crossed the line as regards their conduct. However, much to the ire of the players on the pitch, Duffy carried out no serious punishment for any of the indiscipline which in turn creates a scenario where players feel the need to meat out their out retribution.

I can't lay all the blame at Duffy's door. Finlay, Hughes, Cavanagh and McNamee were all over involved in the indiscipline and some or all of them could have seen the line but Duffy made matters much, much worse. By pedantically punishing minor indiscretions or wronging penalising the innocent and then fcking ignoring the incidents he should have controlled he lost control of the players around him.

Donnelly was excellent. McCann was a f**king terrible substitution, near cost us the match. Brennan was the man to take up Meyler's role, they're very similar, failing that McNulty could've been trusted with it. McCurry is a top forward, very reliable and consistent, McAliskey isn't as much but tries hard to be fair to him. Never seen Colm as a sweeper but f**k he can do it well enough. Bradley was very quiet after a busy 4 weeks. McNamee bar his moments of madness, managed McManus well. McNabb is a safe pair of hands too. McCrory is an enigma now, no longer a man-marker can he really play a box to box strategy? Morgan was excellent too and his awareness and quality of kickouts is a major factor in our success. Arguably a poorer stopper and weaker under the high ball than O'Neill but his quality with ball in hand or off the deck is priceless.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 09, 2015, 02:16:09 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 02:06:25 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2015, 02:02:38 AM
McMahon did seem to be doing some serious slabbering on Tv, nearly a re-run of his brother at halftime in the Donegal game

Serious slabbering? What was he saying or who to? How many times did you see this 'serious slabbering'?

Sky had a player cam on him. It was only available to houses with Sky in the Sperrins though

Could they not have shown it elsewhere with edited subtitles?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

qz

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2015, 11:13:30 PM
In all of the shite going what is getting lost is that Tyrone are capable of taking some sublime scores.

Thanks to a couple of Tyrone posters who actually have the balls to call it how it is I have renewed faith in the fact that not all Tyrone supporters are apologist arseholes.

I still hope however that Kerry put manners on the f**kers! I will pray fervently that the Gooch hands the hoors their arse at the end, Tyrone are the single most hateful team the GAA has ever seen.

Armagh, the new moral guardians of the game...and look where's it got you, not seen inside Croke Park on AI semi final day since 2005.

Wildweasel74

StGallsGAA

Wile lot of bitterness on this thread.....at the end of the day Tyrone won by a country mile. 

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 01:30:36 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 01:21:58 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 01:11:32 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 01:06:33 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 12:53:21 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2015, 12:48:11 AM
It's fairly clear lads ...

1. Tyrone dominated Monaghan from start to finish no question.

2. Cavanagh tried to decapitate a Monaghan player and then tried to proclaim his innocence for some unknown reason.

3. Monaghan (particularly Finlay when he came on) lost the run of themselves and should have had at least 2 men red carded.

4. Tyrone lay down like Children... Cavanagh (what? No he's not a diver)... The lad who got black carded who actually changed the angle of his run to collide with Hughes and tried ed to get him black carded... McCann (well covered and still no reasonable defence from the inbreds).

5. Trampish behaviour from McNabb digging McManus in the ribs and McMahon being generally a cnut throughout the game.

Anyway all we should be taking about is number 1 but Tyrone just can't do winning with grace. They were well on top in the game why the nonsense?? Also why does Saint Mickey Opus Dei I'm wile Holy Harte send his players out to do this shit? Its been going on for 12 years now how do hos hands continue to be kept clean with this nonsense he sends his players out to execute?

The blanket defence is one thing but sending your players out to sledge/dive/sly dig the opponent is not in the spirit of the game and while you can understand it when teams are getting beat well I find it hard to condone when your team is winning comfortably.

The only salvation is Tyrone are not at the Kerry/Dublin/Mayo level... Thank God!!!

Hmmm.

The reaction of the in-breds and the apple chompers is amusing.

What Finlay did was worse than anything that went on elsewhere.

I just shake my head at times at how a system can throw out so many good players who are better skilled then 99% of the country and also teach them to be blackguards in the same fashion.

It's too well orchestrated and too common for it to be anything else.

Mickey Harte must watch the the 97 semi final versus Meath every weekend after Mass.

I know some Tyrone fans who hate it and then there is the rest who instantly go on the defence and bring up the usual rubbish about soccer and other teams. Forget them you're responsible for your own team.

Mc Nabb has replaced Gormley as the Undertaker in the Tyrone defence. Sean Cavanagh hit the ground so often today he must be in training for a Tough mudder Run.

Rory Beggan will shake his head tomorrow, Paul Finlay just look at MMA for a few years and Mc Cann - well regardless of whatever he achieves in his football career he'll have toe deal with sniper jokes for the rest of his life

For 60 minutes it promised a lot. The last 20 was a disgrace.

Too many inaccuracies there it's hard to know where to start.

1st sentence makes no sense.
3rd - 1996?
4th - wtf?
5th - eh?

...you get the gist.

Put the bottle down, Indiana.

I don't drink I'm afraid. Only one inaccuracy 1996.

Your development system coaches this behaviour into players. Anyone who has played you at underage level will attest to this.

Awful pity when you've so many good players

This is good stuff....explain what the Tyrone 'development system' coaches? This'll be good.

Been through this b4 with these exact same posters after our glorious U21 final victory. It turned out that there is not the slightest bit of evidence for thinking this and it all boils down to their insightful intuition.

You  should actually be thanking him for making us aware of it and not questioning where or how he dreamed the idea up.

omaghjoe

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 08, 2015, 12:27:54 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2015, 03:41:31 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 08, 2015, 12:28:15 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2015, 12:26:22 AM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 08, 2015, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 07, 2015, 11:49:13 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2015, 11:08:39 PM
I think Tyrone will live with Monaghan for 60 mins. A late salvo sees Monaghan through to their first semi since '88.

1-13 to 0-12

So for the record was  that against Cork?
Was there something about an incident where Nudie Hughes got taken out resulting in a nice shinner and Cork getting a goal from it to put Monaghan away?

Larry Tompkins took Brendan Murray out of it, breaking his jaw in the process. There has been burning effigies of Larry (fuelled by washed diesel) on every drumlin on the anniversary of the event ever since.

Ah yes, old Brendan, funny he is famous in Tyrone for something else that happened that year! I was trying to remember why I didn't have more sympathy for Monaghan at the the time, now I know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC7EAlE82u0

I was more thinkin of this

https://youtu.be/a0iR1mIRm-Q?t=2000

But was that him? He
no.4 in the Cork match and no.5 in the Tyrone match?

4 = Brendan Murray (Clones)
5= Bernie Murray (Scotstown)

No relation.

Ahhhhh..... thank you for clearing that up!

Good Job I didnt meet Brendan in the interim and say Thomkins done ye but ye deserved it for what ye done to our angelic Mr McGinn!

Hard to luck today BTW

Meadbh

Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2015, 01:11:12 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2015, 01:07:10 AM
Explain what McMahon did that was so ghastly?

Constantly mouthing and sly digs for most of the game.. I only saw what was on camera so I can fairly assume there was much more going on when the ball wasn't in the Tyrone half!

Hate this kind of post. There was mouthing and pushing between all players throughout the game. Cathal McCarron especially received dogs abuse for the entirety of the match - not to mention the homophobic chants coming from Monaghan supporters in the Hill.

The way I see it is Duffy allowed the match to boil over into the last 10 mins.... seven if which were ET (never seen 7 mins awarded in my life). McCann was absolutely silly but it belies his inexperience and the fraying of tempers from all sides at the end of the game. Monaghan were no angels and the repeated suggestion that Tyrone are the only county who close down a game is so lazy it's boring.

Regarding the actual game, I thought we outclassed Monaghan in every way. I didn't think we had it in us to play such intelligent weaving interesting football and the team celebrations at the end show how Harte has created a unit. Tyrone's game plan is smart and fast. I would have no fear of Kerry whatsoever and I'd say the team are confident they can give them at the very least a good rattle.

sensethetone

Quote from: outside-the-wire on August 09, 2015, 02:15:57 AM
Sean Cav at the beginning of the year was so concerned about sledging and mental health of players. Seemed to be mouthing at McManus a few times. Would love to know what he was saying. McManus took exception to it so I guess it wasn't chitchat.
it's not big Sean's fault if McManus has no discipline.

INDIANA

Quote from: sensethetone on August 09, 2015, 08:52:43 AM
Quote from: outside-the-wire on August 09, 2015, 02:15:57 AM
it's not big Sean's fault if McManus has no discipline.

But you'd want to buy him a pair of boots that stops him falling on the ground the whole time .

tyroneboi

Quote from: trileacman on August 09, 2015, 02:20:36 AM
Can't condone McCann's actions. I've said since the days of Aidan O'Mahoneys dive v Cork it should carry a 1 match ban applied retrospectively. T'is the only way to address it.

Think there's a lot of hysteria about the rest of the game. Meath took out our talisman and team leader in 96 before trying a frontal lobotomy on Brian Dooher. They're remembered as a good hard team from a golden era from the rose-tinted brigade. The ending to today's game which ended in farce had a lot to do with the terrible refereeing of Duffy. f**k the match would have stood a better chance from the likes of Pat McEnaney or even god forbid Paddy Russell. The standard of refereeing today is f**king shambolic, Padraic Hughes, the Duffy's (because one wasn't enough) and Joe McQuillan represent the fresh-faced bullshit from modern HQ on how to be a ref, ie, pointless f**king box-tickers. The match had all the hallmarks of a ref who'd lost the respect of the players and hence the closing anarchy. Having handed out some very soft frees early to McAliskey, Cavanagh and McCrory he then turned his attention to screwing Tyrone instead of Monaghan by black carding Meyler. Several potential black cards for Tyrone were then overlooked off the back of this shitty call.

Cavanagh was very pumped for this game and put in a savage performance but was too highly strung. His yellow card had been coming and following it, Harte put him into FF where he couldn't rush in so rashly again. McNamee too became increasingly frustrated and aggressive towards the end of the game and many managers would have recognised as a player starting to lose the head and called him ashore. But Monaghan players too, most notably Finlay and Hughes crossed the line as regards their conduct. However, much to the ire of the players on the pitch, Duffy carried out no serious punishment for any of the indiscipline which in turn creates a scenario where players feel the need to meat out their out retribution.

I can't lay all the blame at Duffy's door. Finlay, Hughes, Cavanagh and McNamee were all over involved in the indiscipline and some or all of them could have seen the line but Duffy made matters much, much worse. By pedantically punishing minor indiscretions or wronging penalising the innocent and then fcking ignoring the incidents he should have controlled he lost control of the players around him.

Donnelly was excellent. McCann was a f**king terrible substitution, near cost us the match. Brennan was the man to take up Meyler's role, they're very similar, failing that McNulty could've been trusted with it. McCurry is a top forward, very reliable and consistent, McAliskey isn't as much but tries hard to be fair to him. Never seen Colm as a sweeper but f**k he can do it well enough. Bradley was very quiet after a busy 4 weeks. McNamee bar his moments of madness, managed McManus well. McNabb is a safe pair of hands too. McCrory is an enigma now, no longer a man-marker can he really play a box to box strategy? Morgan was excellent too and his awareness and quality of kickouts is a major factor in our success. Arguably a poorer stopper and weaker under the high ball than O'Neill but his quality with ball in hand or off the deck is priceless.

In the midst of all the hysteria, a well balanced analysis of the game! Well done sir!

yellowcard

Brolly with a brilliant article in today's Indo, why could this game not have been on RTE last night as Tyrone got off light.

Club Rossa

Delighted with the win yesterday and I thought Tyrone took some great scores,defended well and were well worthy of the win.But I must say I was very disappointed with Tiernan McCann's actions.He deserves every bit of stick he's getting and is going to get.There were plenty of unsavoury actions from both sides yesterday.Rory Beggan went down holding his face in injury time but made a miraculous recovery within seconds.McAliskey did exactly the same thing also.One of the Derry boys highlighted Justin McMahon's mouthing but Kieran Hughes was having plenty to say for himself as well as acting the maggot all day.At one stage in the 1st half right in front of me I watched Dessie Mone rake his studs down on Mark Bradley's heel. McCarron had plenty to listen to as well.I am in no way condoning the actions of some Tyrone players.I have a young lad playing football myself and if I saw him doing what McCann did I'd go out on the field myself and take him off.But I'd just say again that both teams were at it yesterday though you wouldn't think it when reading this thread.