Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaabellting

Just looking at bookies prices on player points on tyrone side and wondering who takes right footed frees for tyrone nowadays. Is it mcalliskey? Haven't seen sean cavanagh take any in a while but haven't been watching tyrone games that closely. Bookies have mc curry at 5/6 to score less than 4.5 points and another bet that catches my eye is Conor mc manus to out score mc curry at 4/6.

Whilst mc curry will be high on confidence after last weeks performance in croker  he was afforded an amount of space against a poor sligo defence and will face a different animal in monaghan defence.

Also where do you expect peter Harte to line out? Seems to be swooping between halfback and half forward line

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Gaabellting on August 07, 2015, 05:10:56 PM
Also where do you expect peter Harte to line out? Seems to be swooping between halfback and half forward line

Exactly! He'll be doing a bit of roaming ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

ONeill

When did Tyrone last score a championship goal in Croke? I'm probably missing something obvious but was it Roscommon a few years ago?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2015, 06:01:01 PM
When did Tyrone last score a championship goal in Croke? I'm probably missing something obvious but was it Roscommon a few years ago?

That's a very good question O'Neill. Yes, it was v Roscommon on the 30th July 2011. Mark Donnelly scored the third goal that day.

No goals since v Dublin, Meath, Monaghan, Mayo and Sligo.

Redhand Santa

Must be due a few tomorrow.

It's a long time to January for the losers, hopefully Tyrone can give it a real go.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2015, 09:10:20 PM

That's a very good question O'Neill. Yes, it was v Roscommon on the 30th July 2011. Mark Donnelly scored the third goal that day.

Jimmy Rabbitte: [pretending to be Terry Wogan] So, lookin' back Jimmy, what have you learned from your experience with The Commitments?
Jimmy Rabbitte: Well, that's a tricky question, Terry. But as I always say, we skipped the light fandango, turned cartweels 'cross the floor. I was feelin' kinda seasick, but the crowd called out for more.
Jimmy Rabbitte: [pretending to be Terry Wogan] That's very profound Jimmy! What does it mean?
Jimmy Rabbitte: I'm fucked if I know,Terry!

omaghjoe

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 07, 2015, 10:26:48 PM

Jimmy Rabbitte: [pretending to be Terry Wogan] So, lookin' back Jimmy, what have you learned from your experience with The Commitments?
Jimmy Rabbitte: Well, that's a tricky question, Terry. But as I always say, we skipped the light fandango, turned cartweels 'cross the floor. I was feelin' kinda seasick, but the crowd called out for more.
Jimmy Rabbitte: [pretending to be Terry Wogan] That's very profound Jimmy! What does it mean?
;D ;D

muppet

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 07, 2015, 10:26:48 PM

I thought it was Des Cahill and Cake.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I think Tyrone will live with Monaghan for 60 mins. A late salvo sees Monaghan through to their first semi since '88.

1-13 to 0-12

omaghjoe

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2015, 11:08:39 PM
I think Tyrone will live with Monaghan for 60 mins. A late salvo sees Monaghan through to their first semi since '88.

1-13 to 0-12

So for the record was  that against Cork?
Was there something about an incident where Nudie Hughes got taken out resulting in a nice shinner and Cork getting a goal from it to put Monaghan away?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 07, 2015, 11:49:13 PM

1-13 to 0-12

Was there something about an incident where Nudie Hughes got taken out resulting in a nice shinner and Cork getting a goal from it to put Monaghan away?

Larry Tompkins took Brendan Murray out of it, breaking his jaw in the process. There has been burning effigies of Larry (fuelled by washed diesel) on every drumlin on the anniversary of the event ever since.

Aaron Boone

And very few goals by Tyrone since, esp this year.

0-11 v 0-11 in normal time prediction.
Monaghan 1-15 Tyrone 0-13 AET.
Far fitter Farney.

ONeill

Can't see Monaghan being 'far fitter'.

omaghjoe

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 08, 2015, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 07, 2015, 11:49:13 PM

1-13 to 0-12

Larry Tompkins took Brendan Murray out of it, breaking his jaw in the process. There has been burning effigies of Larry (fuelled by washed diesel) on every drumlin on the anniversary of the event ever since.

Ah yes, old Brendan, funny he is famous in Tyrone for something else that happened that year! I was trying to remember why I didn't have more sympathy for Monaghan at the the time, now I know!