Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

"it's mayos last chance" why please tell me why . We could actually win the next three Connacht titles , who will beat Mayo next year in Connacht ? Galway and Roscommon due for castlebar in 16 .

Are Donegal tired?

If you say no , how good are we if we beat them by 10 plus?

I'd love these questions answered before the game ,in 13 we cut through teams hammering all before us till Dublin , yet we never got praised for it , it's always Galway were shoyet , Donegal had a hangover etc etc , be nice to hear beforehand your reaction to a possible anihalation .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: larryin89 on August 05, 2015, 10:57:26 PM
"it's mayos last chance" why please tell me why . We could actually win the next three Connacht titles , who will beat Mayo next year in Connacht ? Galway and Roscommon due for castlebar in 16 .

Are Donegal tired?

I'd love these questions answered before the game ,in 13 we cut through teams hammering all before us till Dublin , yet we never got praised for it , it's always Galway were shoyet , Donegal had a hangover etc etc , be nice to hear beforehand your reaction to a possible anihalation .

Praise never put a banbh in the sow Larry. Men can't spend their lives hoping for a pat on the head.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 05, 2015, 10:26:30 PM
I agree with giveballaghback on this one. It isn't anything to do with the lack of new faces replacing these bucks, but by God it'll be lean times when this team goes. I just think Donegal will have enough tactical nous to strangle Mayo to be honest. This is the first time Mayo will have played a Division 1 team since the last time they played Donegal. I am worried because Mayo generally stuttered this league campaign, especially the last few games. I can see Donegal getting two goals at least. I hope I'm wrong but Donegal, since they beat Galway (who I did think had a good chance of turning them over the last day) will have enough confidence in that win especially with the way they lost narrowly to Monaghan.
2012,2013 Mayo finished on 6,7 points in the league before going on to reach the All Ireland finals. This year Mayo finished on 7 points. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyHarp

Are Donegal tired?

I always thought you lads were great at praising yourselves and patting your own backs. Sure, your a prime example. You're right though, Connacht is pretty shite and Mayo will most likely win the next 3 titles. But ffs, will you ever learn to have a bit of humility until you actually win the All Ireland. You'll get all the praise you want then. Your posts are full of the same oul guff you and your cronies have posted at this time of year every single year since every other Connacht county decided to throw in the towel.
That was never a square ball!!

larryin89

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 05, 2015, 11:06:30 PM

Are Donegal tired?

Praise never put a banbh in the sow Larry. Men can't spend their lives hoping for a pat on the head.

Not really what I'm naggin at, i find it amazing how when this Mayo team blitz a team , it's always the opposition were dreadful but yet the same bucks tell you beforehand it will be tight and hard one to call. I think Mayo are unstoppable this year, on a mission and AOS is unmarkable , Sam Maguire is for castlebar .(not influenced by drink, drugs or romantic notions)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2015, 11:21:37 PM

Are Donegal tired?

I always thought you lads were great at praising yourselves and patting your own backs. Sure, your a prime example. You're right though, Connacht is pretty shite and Mayo will most likely win the next 3 titles. But ffs, will you ever learn to have a bit of humility until you actually win the All Ireland. You'll get all the praise you want then. Your posts are full of the same oul guff you and your cronies have posted at this time of year every single year since every other Connacht county decided to throw in the towel.

I doubt any other Mayo posters here have ever been as gung ho as Larryin. Unless you're counting Mayo Mick, which is as obvious a troll account as you can get.

Maybe the lads on Willie Joe's blog and Boards.ie get a bit too excited but what has poor Farr and Moysider done to offend you?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2015, 11:26:29 PM

Are Donegal tired?

I doubt any other Mayo posters here have ever been as gung ho as Larryin. Unless you're counting Mayo Mick, which is as obvious a troll account as you can get.

Maybe the lads on Willie Joe's blog and Boards.ie get a bit too excited but what has poor Farr and Moysider done to offend you?

Am I offended? Did I mention Farr or Moysider? Are you the official Mayo Rottweiler? Are you so submissive to Mayo now that this the assumed role of a Rossie in Connacht now?

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2015, 11:45:42 PM

Are Donegal tired?

Am I offended? Did I mention Farr or Moysider? Are you the official Mayo Rottweiler? Are you so submissive now that this the assumed role of a Rossie in Connacht now?

Not the first time a Tyrone man has played the Rossie rather than the ball this year..

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: larryin89 on August 05, 2015, 11:22:52 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 05, 2015, 11:06:30 PM

Are Donegal tired?

Not really what I'm naggin at, i find it amazing how when this Mayo team blitz a team , it's always the opposition were dreadful but yet the same bucks tell you beforehand it will be tight and hard one to call. I think Mayo are unstoppable this year, on a mission and AOS is unmarkable , Sam Maguire is for castlebar .(not influenced by drink, drugs or romantic notions)

Was that not the case the last two years? ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2015, 11:46:54 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 05, 2015, 11:45:42 PM

Are Donegal tired?

Am I offended? Did I mention Farr or Moysider? Are you the official Mayo Rottweiler? Are you so submissive now that this the assumed role of a Rossie in Connacht now?

Not the first time a Tyrone man has played the Rossie rather than the ball this year..

Still hurting?

Wildweasel74

Larry, go win a couple of Ireland's then we praise you for it, until then the tag of chokers will always remain, plus that team hasn't a good enough froward to win an All-Ireland, been Mayo problem from 2004

Farrandeelin

Well BennyCake you did say 'you lads'. That must imply all Mayo lads.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 06, 2015, 01:11:01 AM
Well BennyCake you did say 'you lads'. That must imply all Mayo lads.

Bennycake is always at that oul craic. I wouldn't worry about it. 😜 But yes, I'm sure he did mean every single Mayo person in the county. I'm sure, however, that he is fully aware that there are a few more level headed Mayo lads out there too - like your good self for example!

From the Bunker

Just a bit of a thought. We normally have no problem winning AI semi finals and Quarter Finals. Any time in the last number of years we have met the reigning AI champions we have bet them. Galway '98 - Tyrone 04 -Cork 11 - Dublin 12 - Donegal 13. Could it be Kerry -15?