Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

INDIANA

Quote from: Rua1r1 on August 02, 2015, 12:26:40 AM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 31, 2015, 01:24:58 PM
As requested I have returned with some interesting facts and figures.

Population of Dublin: 1,270,603
Population of Fermanagh: 61,805

Clubs in Dublin: 215 (approximately)
Clubs in Fermanagh: 22

As we can see, Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh and almost 200 more clubs. In an effort to have a more even playing field, the GAA have pumped loads of money into games development in Fermanagh while giving Dublin very little. Over the past 10 years the average amount given to each yearly has been this:

Fermanagh: 1.5 million
Dublin: 42,500

So Dublin may have a huge advantage when it comes to population and club numbers but Fermanagh have far more finance available to them. I don't see why anyone is predicting a whipping, surely it will be a close game going on the figures? What's that you say? I've made a mistake? What do you mean? Dublin get the 1.5 million yearly while Fermanagh get 42,500. What are you talking about you loony? Surely that can't be right.

So you're telling me that Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh, they have almost 200 more clubs yet still get 1.5 million annually while Fermanagh only get 42,500? You're having a laugh, next you'll be telling me that they play every game at home. WHAT?????

They also have a multi million euro deal with AIG. Numerous other sponsors, them being: O'Neills, Bavaria, The Gibson Hotel, Toyota, Aer Lingus, Ros Nutrition, Ballygowan, Linwoods, Energise sport and Skins. They've added 2 new sponsors in recent times also. Benetti menswear and Gourmet food parlour. They have top level coaches, nutritionists, physiologists, lifestyle coaches, basketball coaches, a huge backroom team. They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on. They're able to get their players time off work, they train in the best facilities in Ireland, they're getting a 9 million euro training centre built for them.

Stop, stop, STOP!!!! You are just making all of this up. There's no way this can be true. It's ridiculously crazy, how can this happen? Will somebody tell me there's some mistake here? Somebody? Anybody?
In fairness to dublin they prob need the money to pay for their players drug habits. And they play all there games at home cause none of them know how to drive.
As part of their rehabilitation we offer free skills programmes on teaching other counties how to play the game. Typically every 3rd or 4th  week of every month in Croke Park

The Hill is Blue

In fairness to dublin they prob need the money to pay for their players drug habits. And they play all there games at home cause none of them know how to drive.

By five o'clock today you'll be counting down the minutes and wishing for it to be all over.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hill16 Blues

As we can see, Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh and almost 200 more clubs. In an effort to have a more even playing field, the GAA have pumped loads of money into games development in Fermanagh while giving Dublin very little. Over the past 10 years the average amount given to each yearly has been this:

So Dublin may have a huge advantage when it comes to population and club numbers but Fermanagh have far more finance available to them. I don't see why anyone is predicting a whipping, surely it will be a close game going on the figures? What's that you say? I've made a mistake? What do you mean? Dublin get the 1.5 million yearly while Fermanagh get 42,500. What are you talking about you loony? Surely that can't be right.

So you're telling me that Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh, they have almost 200 more clubs yet still get 1.5 million annually while Fermanagh only get 42,500? You're having a laugh, next you'll be telling me that they play every game at home. WHAT?????

They also have a multi million euro deal with AIG. Numerous other sponsors, them being: O'Neills, Bavaria, The Gibson Hotel, Toyota, Aer Lingus, Ros Nutrition, Ballygowan, Linwoods, Energise sport and Skins. They've added 2 new sponsors in recent times also. Benetti menswear and Gourmet food parlour. They have top level coaches, nutritionists, physiologists, lifestyle coaches, basketball coaches, a huge backroom team. They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on. They're able to get their players time off work, they train in the best facilities in Ireland, they're getting a 9 million euro training centre built for them.

Stop, stop, STOP!!!! You are just making all of this up. There's no way this can be true. It's ridiculously crazy, how can this happen? Will somebody tell me there's some mistake here? Somebody? Anybody?

You went to all the trouble of registering to post that tripe you attention seeking fcukwit!

GrandMasterFlash

My wife asked the question this morning; why are Dublin 1/200 and Fermanagh 20/1, why are they not the inverse? Now, I'm no betting expert, I get the basics and my response was that the bookies are never gonna offer 200/1 in a two-horse race. I'm sure there's more to it; elaborate please and thank you?

theticklemister

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 02, 2015, 11:12:27 AM
My wife asked the question this morning; why are Dublin 1/200 and Fermanagh 20/1, why are they not the inverse? Now, I'm no betting expert, I get the basics and my response was that the bookies are never gonna offer 200/1 in a two-horse race. I'm sure there's more to it; elaborate please and thank you?

Simples.....  The bookie does not want to lose much!

theticklemister

But if she is feeling confident on the Dubs, tell her to stick £20,000 on to get £100 back!

Wildweasel74

Fermanagh are 16-1 to win, as my brother put a fiver on them, so i don't know how Dublin are 1-200 on but you can only get the Erne men at 16-1, had them been 50 /75 -1 i put a tenner on them myself

Teo Lurley

So the only mistake out of all of this was the club numbers? Noone can tell me any of the rest is untrue? So people know that Dublin are been given huge advantages, advantages that are impossible for most counties to overcome, yet there is no uproar over this? Has it ever been mentioned on the Sunday Game even? I might have to ring them up or tweeter them as they do these days to get them to mention it.

Teo Lurley

Ok, I signed up to the twitter and I sent the Sunday Game a few tweeters. I'm sure it's going to get mentioned!

macdanger2

Best of luck fermanagh, who's to say it can't be a repeat of this time 11 years ago when the two underdogs upset the two raging hot favourites

Sidney

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 01, 2015, 08:53:55 PM
Quote from: Schkite on August 01, 2015, 08:52:38 PM
If anything we send our best to UUJ.

Antrim GAA has been good to us.

Glad it's been good to someone.
Antrim GAA is mainly good to comedy writers.

Maguire01

C'mon Fermanagh! Let's see at least one game today.

T Fearon

Dublin will want to make a statement after that Kerry performance.Bet of the day is the 4/1 Dublin to score four or more goals

moysider

This could be savagery as well. How many buses did Fermanagh bring to the match?