Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

If I was a Fermanagh fan I would be truly embarrassed.Everyone telling me how great my county is while simultaneously predicting we're going to get a hiding tomorrow but nevertheless we're still great.

No other Ulster county,apart from Fermanagh,would be patronised in this way.

If Fermanagh had anything truly about them,they would have beaten Armagh in the league div 3 final,but were well beaten in the end,by a mediocre Armagh team.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on August 01, 2015, 10:23:32 AM
If I was a Fermanagh fan I would be truly embarrassed.Everyone telling me how great my county is while simultaneously predicting we're going to get a hiding tomorrow but nevertheless we're still great.

If Fermanagh had anything truly about them,they would have beaten Armagh in the league div 3 final,but were well beaten in the end,by a mediocre Armagh team.

As a human being you have nothing. Literally nothing.

I know we shouldn't get personal but surely at this stage its just a statement of objective fact

Aaron Boone

Quote from: T Fearon on August 01, 2015, 10:23:32 AM

Should they not turn up then? Solution-time.

FermGael

Tony do you sit at home just constantly wumming.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

T Fearon

Of course they should turn up,but there should be no nauseating media campaign patronising them.As with all their ties in Leinster previously this is a routine fixture for Dublin ahead of their first real challenge of the season,in the semi final.

imtommygunn

I guess the media should just say dublin are playing and not mention the opposition then ???

Dubh driocht

Irish News preview a bit confusing. First of all, a picture of Andy Watters yet a byline for Paddy Heaney. My guess is that it's Watters.Then the article attributes a quote to Jim Gavin that he admired wee Pete going back to what he achieved with Burren in the 80s.I would doubt if Gavin said that as the only thing Pete achieved with Burren was going to see them play

T Fearon

Gavin said that about Burren during an interview last night,on either BBC Newsline or UTV Live,can't remember which,but I did hear it.Obviously his pr team haven't done their research.

Main Street

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 31, 2015, 01:49:26 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2015, 01:30:20 PM
Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 31, 2015, 01:24:58 PM
As requested I have returned with some interesting facts and figures.

Population of Dublin: 1,270,603
Population of Fermanagh: 61,805

Clubs in Dublin: 215 (approximately)
Clubs in Fermanagh: 22

As we can see, Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh and almost 200 more clubs. In an effort to have a more even playing field, the GAA have pumped loads of money into games development in Fermanagh while giving Dublin very little. Over the past 10 years the average amount given to each yearly has been this:

Fermanagh: 1.5 million
Dublin: 42,500

So Dublin may have a huge advantage when it comes to population and club numbers but Fermanagh have far more finance available to them. I don't see why anyone is predicting a whipping, surely it will be a close game going on the figures? What's that you say? I've made a mistake? What do you mean? Dublin get the 1.5 million yearly while Fermanagh get 42,500. What are you talking about you loony? Surely that can't be right.

So you're telling me that Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh, they have almost 200 more clubs yet still get 1.5 million annually while Fermanagh only get 42,500? You're having a laugh, next you'll be telling me that they play every game at home. WHAT?????

They also have a multi million euro deal with AIG. Numerous other sponsors, them being: O'Neills, Bavaria, The Gibson Hotel, Toyota, Aer Lingus, Ros Nutrition, Ballygowan, Linwoods, Energise sport and Skins. They've added 2 new sponsors in recent times also. Benetti menswear and Gourmet food parlour. They have top level coaches, nutritionists, physiologists, lifestyle coaches, basketball coaches, a huge backroom team. They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on. They're able to get their players time off work, they train in the best facilities in Ireland, they're getting a 9 million euro training centre built for them.

Stop, stop, STOP!!!! You are just making all of this up. There's no way this can be true. It's ridiculously crazy, how can this happen? Will somebody tell me there's some mistake here? Somebody? Anybody?

215 clubs? Are you mad??

The only corrective action is to split Dublin.
No way,
you can't split a joke into two.
Dublin need the 1.5m people, a zilion senior/ intermediate/junior teams, a few zillion euros, play all their games at home and  make shapes about how good they are,  just so they can win the occasional AI.

SouthDublinBro

The ulster begrudgery towards the Dubs knows no bounds.

Farrandeelin

Fermanagh have the songs out for this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on August 01, 2015, 07:56:51 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 31, 2015, 01:49:26 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2015, 01:30:20 PM

As we can see, Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh and almost 200 more clubs. In an effort to have a more even playing field, the GAA have pumped loads of money into games development in Fermanagh while giving Dublin very little. Over the past 10 years the average amount given to each yearly has been this:

So Dublin may have a huge advantage when it comes to population and club numbers but Fermanagh have far more finance available to them. I don't see why anyone is predicting a whipping, surely it will be a close game going on the figures? What's that you say? I've made a mistake? What do you mean? Dublin get the 1.5 million yearly while Fermanagh get 42,500. What are you talking about you loony? Surely that can't be right.

So you're telling me that Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh, they have almost 200 more clubs yet still get 1.5 million annually while Fermanagh only get 42,500? You're having a laugh, next you'll be telling me that they play every game at home. WHAT?????

They also have a multi million euro deal with AIG. Numerous other sponsors, them being: O'Neills, Bavaria, The Gibson Hotel, Toyota, Aer Lingus, Ros Nutrition, Ballygowan, Linwoods, Energise sport and Skins. They've added 2 new sponsors in recent times also. Benetti menswear and Gourmet food parlour. They have top level coaches, nutritionists, physiologists, lifestyle coaches, basketball coaches, a huge backroom team. They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on. They're able to get their players time off work, they train in the best facilities in Ireland, they're getting a 9 million euro training centre built for them.

Stop, stop, STOP!!!! You are just making all of this up. There's no way this can be true. It's ridiculously crazy, how can this happen? Will somebody tell me there's some mistake here? Somebody? Anybody?

215 clubs? Are you mad??

The only corrective action is to split Dublin.
No way,
you can't split a joke into two.
Dublin need the 1.5m people, a zilion senior/ intermediate/junior teams, a few zillion euros, play all their games at home and  make shapes about how good they are,  just so they can win the occasional AI.

Ha ha let's see how good you are next week kid. Instead of the usual diatribe you should turn your attention to trying to beat Tyrone.

When you understand the basic demographics of Dublin GAA give us a shout

You have to send you best footballers to DCU to be trained by us anyway.

It's part of the Dublin Give Together programme of sharing.

Schkite

If anything we send our best to UUJ.

Antrim GAA has been good to us.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Schkite on August 01, 2015, 08:52:38 PM
If anything we send our best to UUJ.

Antrim GAA has been good to us.

Glad it's been good to someone.

Rua1r1

In fairness to dublin they prob need the money to pay for their players drug habits. And they play all there games at home cause none of them know how to drive.