You think we will score?
Optimistic
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

southdown

Will Croker be full on Sunday?

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 31, 2015, 11:37:26 AM
Did someone mention Dublin getting millions of euro? I'll have a look into it and I might be back later to do a comparison between Dublin and Fermanagh in the money tables.

Hi Leo, please do it, it would be great to see it, would really prove the point that if you gave Feermangh the same amount of money over the last 10 years they would beat Dublin on Sunday, looking forward to it Leo, thanks.

imtommygunn

To level the playing field each dub player should wear a rucksack containing 1/15th of the difference in money between Fermanagh funding and Dublin funding on their back to weigh them down ;-)

In 5 euros notes...

J70

Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2015, 02:01:18 AM
Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2015, 01:25:09 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2015, 02:20:08 PM
Quote from: Rudi on July 30, 2015, 01:27:23 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 30, 2015, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 30, 2015, 11:53:39 AM
Quote from: Thastheball on July 30, 2015, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: FermGael on July 30, 2015, 11:36:42 AM
Fermanagh have been a playing a defensive system all year.

I know that, but we are referring to an ultra defensive set up similar to Tyrones and Derry, which caused Dublin serious problems.
McGrath has said that they will stick to the same gameplan they've played all year which is fair enough, I'd believe him as I don't think there's any point in trying to re-jig at this stage nor is it possible. Ultimately Dublin's superior fitness and options on bench will see them through, I expect Fermanagh to give it a right oul lash though and get tore into those Jackeen b**tards. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
The days of giving it an "oul lash" and getting stuck in relevance to the outcome of games at this level are long gone.
Fermanagh will be tanked.

With regret on both counts you are 100% correct. Fermangh were 8-2 down after 25mins against the Rossies who were missing half their team. Were 5-2 down verses a poor Westmeath side after 30mins. How much will they trail Dublin after 25? The Dubs wont let up either. Fermanagh would give any side outside the top 4 a game. Alas Dublin, Kerry, Donegal and Mayo are in a different class. Then again the same could be said most Div 2 and 3 teams, when they come up against the top 4.

In fairness it's a bit cheeky including Donegal in a top four now. Fermanagh would probably give them a game given how well they played against Monaghan for much of their match.

Well, we'll know soon enough, but in the meantime, who would be ahead of us outside of Mayo, Kerry and the Dubs?

Lots of teams could give a top 4 side a game. Cork gave Kerry their fill the first day and should have won. Armagh ran us extremely close last year. Monaghan match up extremely well against us, but have yet to do anything beyond that on the national stage and were annihilated by the Dubs last year before we got our chance. Giving someone a game and consistently making AI semis and finals are two different things.

Say McBrearty's last minute shot goes three inches to the left and we get the replay and then win Ulster? Are we still top 4?

I have my doubts personally about our prospects after the tough run of games we've had and could yet have, but that doesn't mean there are suddenly five or six teams who are better than us, any more than the hype after the Armagh game meant we were suddenly part of a top three, ahead of Mayo.

If buts and maybes J70, we know all about those. Fact is Monaghan have beaten ye twice in three Ulster finals now, it's simply impossible to put you ahead of them on any right-minded scale at this point. If you beat Galway and Mayo you may have a case but that's another huge maybe.

You also have not exhibited the provincial dominance Mayo, Kerry and Dublin have in the past few years. You might say 'ah sure Ulster is tough' but both times it came down not the toughness of the province but to one team finding you out tactically. So what right does Donegal have to being put before Monaghan on any list?

Donegal would be number five if I had to rank the teams, and with Lacey out and Murphy perhaps far more limited than Gallagher is letting on its hard to put ye any higher than that at this moment.

Yes, Monaghan have beaten us twice, but they've done little else, yet. And the fact is they just about beat us this year, while the previous two fixtures were pretty one sided affairs,  one apiece. But if rankings go game to game, knee jerk style, with no mind paid to fixtures, then I guess you are right. What shape would Monaghan have been in, had our positions in the draw been reversed?

It's just amusing how, for the past five years, people are always writing off this team at the first sign of weakness (I've been a little guilty myself once or twice). And go back two months and read how Mayo were not too highly rated either in terms of an All Ireland.

Teo Lurley

As requested I have returned with some interesting facts and figures.

Population of Dublin: 1,270,603
Population of Fermanagh: 61,805

Clubs in Dublin: 215 (approximately)
Clubs in Fermanagh: 22

As we can see, Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh and almost 200 more clubs. In an effort to have a more even playing field, the GAA have pumped loads of money into games development in Fermanagh while giving Dublin very little. Over the past 10 years the average amount given to each yearly has been this:

Fermanagh: 1.5 million
Dublin: 42,500

So Dublin may have a huge advantage when it comes to population and club numbers but Fermanagh have far more finance available to them. I don't see why anyone is predicting a whipping, surely it will be a close game going on the figures? What's that you say? I've made a mistake? What do you mean? Dublin get the 1.5 million yearly while Fermanagh get 42,500. What are you talking about you loony? Surely that can't be right.

So you're telling me that Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh, they have almost 200 more clubs yet still get 1.5 million annually while Fermanagh only get 42,500? You're having a laugh, next you'll be telling me that they play every game at home. WHAT?????

They also have a multi million euro deal with AIG. Numerous other sponsors, them being: O'Neills, Bavaria, The Gibson Hotel, Toyota, Aer Lingus, Ros Nutrition, Ballygowan, Linwoods, Energise sport and Skins. They've added 2 new sponsors in recent times also. Benetti menswear and Gourmet food parlour. They have top level coaches, nutritionists, physiologists, lifestyle coaches, basketball coaches, a huge backroom team. They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on. They're able to get their players time off work, they train in the best facilities in Ireland, they're getting a 9 million euro training centre built for them.

Stop, stop, STOP!!!! You are just making all of this up. There's no way this can be true. It's ridiculously crazy, how can this happen? Will somebody tell me there's some mistake here? Somebody? Anybody?

heffo

Quote from: Teo Lurley on July 31, 2015, 01:24:58 PM

As we can see, Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh and almost 200 more clubs. In an effort to have a more even playing field, the GAA have pumped loads of money into games development in Fermanagh while giving Dublin very little. Over the past 10 years the average amount given to each yearly has been this:

So Dublin may have a huge advantage when it comes to population and club numbers but Fermanagh have far more finance available to them. I don't see why anyone is predicting a whipping, surely it will be a close game going on the figures? What's that you say? I've made a mistake? What do you mean? Dublin get the 1.5 million yearly while Fermanagh get 42,500. What are you talking about you loony? Surely that can't be right.

So you're telling me that Dublin have 1.2 million more people than Fermanagh, they have almost 200 more clubs yet still get 1.5 million annually while Fermanagh only get 42,500? You're having a laugh, next you'll be telling me that they play every game at home. WHAT?????

They also have a multi million euro deal with AIG. Numerous other sponsors, them being: O'Neills, Bavaria, The Gibson Hotel, Toyota, Aer Lingus, Ros Nutrition, Ballygowan, Linwoods, Energise sport and Skins. They've added 2 new sponsors in recent times also. Benetti menswear and Gourmet food parlour. They have top level coaches, nutritionists, physiologists, lifestyle coaches, basketball coaches, a huge backroom team. They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on. They're able to get their players time off work, they train in the best facilities in Ireland, they're getting a 9 million euro training centre built for them.

Stop, stop, STOP!!!! You are just making all of this up. There's no way this can be true. It's ridiculously crazy, how can this happen? Will somebody tell me there's some mistake here? Somebody? Anybody?

215 clubs? Are you mad??

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 31, 2015, 12:21:12 PM
To level the playing field each dub player should wear a rucksack containing 1/15th of the difference in money between Fermanagh funding and Dublin funding on their back to weigh them down ;-)

In 5 euros notes...

2 Euro coins more like it!!

brokencrossbar1

Hardy

I think I see the point of confusion. Each club has 215 teams.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: heffo on July 31, 2015, 01:30:20 PM

215 clubs? Are you mad??

The only corrective action is to split Dublin.

giveballaghback

Regardless of the result on Sunday Fermanagh are rightly the team of this years championship, they have shown what can be done with commitment and dedication, Dublin will probably win easily and the pundits  and scribes will give the usual pat on the back to Fermanagh but what they have achieved is way beyond what winning and All-ire would be for Dublin or Kerry etc, congrats Fermanagh and well done, you are an example to all counties with limited resources including my own beloved Rossies.

PAULD123

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 31, 2015, 12:21:12 PM

In 5 euros notes...

Very good, this comment cheered me up. Wouldn't it make a great scene. Like something out of Father Ted

Bod Mor

They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on

Ahem cough cough
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

ballinaman

Quote from: Bod Mor on July 31, 2015, 02:00:04 PM
They get to use the same dressing room for every game and pick which side of the pitch they warm up on

Ahem cough cough