Tyrone v Sligo Sat 1st August 2015 Croke Park - 13 years on

Started by Fuzzman, July 19, 2015, 03:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2015, 01:24:22 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 27, 2015, 12:52:09 PM
I always loved the red shorts with the white tops but I just think we look a bit weak or pale in the all white.
Who makes this decisions?
Of course there are so many other factors
http://m.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/a-570918.html

I don't know how true it is but I heard somewhere that they paid someone to tell them that an all white strip was better for some reason stupid like cause it was all white that opponents found it more difficult to tackle them?? lol

You being serious?!

Jinxy

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of an opponent like an all white strip.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

I think I'd rather be meeting Monaghan that Mayo SHOULD we beat Sligo. I'd say Monaghan would rather steer clear of us too and would much prefer Galway. Are the dates fixed yet for the quartets SHOULD we beat Sligo?
Who do the winners of that quarter play? Kerry I suppose.

Jinxy

Sickening arrogance.
Ye have the hotels booked already.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 27, 2015, 02:16:12 PM
I think I'd rather be meeting Monaghan that Mayo SHOULD we beat Sligo. I'd say Monaghan would rather steer clear of us too and would much prefer Galway. Are the dates fixed yet for the quartets SHOULD we beat Sligo?
Who do the winners of that quarter play? Kerry I suppose.

Saturday 08th August for the QFs.

The winner of Monaghan's QF play the winner of Kerry / Kildare while the winner of Mayo's QF play the winner of Dublin / Fermanagh

WT4E

Quote from: ck on July 27, 2015, 01:36:23 PM
I always loved the red shorts with the white tops but I just think we look a bit weak or pale in the all white.

I don't know how true it is but I heard somewhere that they paid someone to tell them that an all white strip was better for some reason stupid like cause it was all white that opponents found it more difficult to tackle them?? lol

You being serious?!

I'm deadly serious - Maybe someone with some inside information can tel us about when and why Tyrone started wearing a non traditional all white strip?

redhandefender

Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2015, 02:57:34 PM

You being serious?!

I'm deadly serious - Maybe someone with some inside information can tel us about when and why Tyrone started wearing a non traditional all white strip?

Slippery when white

From the Bunker

You being serious?!

Shankly changed Liverpool to a all red strip to make the players look longer and more intimidating to the opposition.

"Our game against Anderlecht at Anfield was a night of milestones. We wore the all red strip for the first time. Christ, the players looked like giants. And we played like giants."
The immortal words of Bill Shankly provide a somewhat poignant way to describe the unique aura that surrounds the all-red kit of Liverpool Football Club.

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2015, 03:08:36 PM

You being serious?!

Shankly changed Liverpool to a all red strip to make the players look longer and more intimidating to the opposition.

"Our game against Anderlecht at Anfield was a night of milestones. We wore the all red strip for the first time. Christ, the players looked like giants. And we played like giants."
The immortal words of Bill Shankly provide a somewhat poignant way to describe the unique aura that surrounds the all-red kit of Liverpool Football Club.

Liverpool should start wearing that all red strip again....oh wait!!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 27, 2015, 03:52:46 PM

You being serious?!

Sligo actually did the same when they went all black Ironically v Tyrone! Sligo should start wearing the All Black strip again.......oh wait!

Hardy

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2015, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on July 27, 2015, 03:52:46 PM

You being serious?!

Sligo actually did the same when they went all black Ironically v Tyrone! Sligo should start wearing the All Black strip again.......oh wait!

I don't think anyone was talking rubbish about it making our lads look like giants! We had a good win, everyone liked the all black kit so we stuck to it. And it was against Kildare the year before we changed.  ;)

DermyTDredi

You being serious?!

you may well be deadly serious but you're wrong!

Boycey

Any Tyronie coming through Castleblayney on Sat or before that even I've 2 premium level tickets that you can have for the price of 2 stand tickets whatever that is..

WT4E

Quote from: DermyTDredi on July 27, 2015, 06:26:03 PM

You being serious?!

you may well be deadly serious but you're wrong!

I knew there was a good chance that I was wrong but I am interested if anyone knows why Tyrone changed to an all white kit all of a sudden - you seem to be fairly confident that I'm wrong so can you let us know why they did? Cheers!