Tipp v Tyrone 18/07/15 Thurles

Started by omagh_gael, July 13, 2015, 08:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Dunno was on the Juniors I think. I have to say I didn't notice him as a future senior there. Acheson in midfield seemed to work ok last week, maybe they want him to do a job.

rrhf

Quote from: tippabu on July 17, 2015, 10:42:44 AM
Team News

The Tipperary Senior Football team to play Tyrone, in the GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship Round 3B, in Semple Stadium, on Saturday next July 18th at 3pm has been announced by manager Peter Creedon. It shows one change to the side announced for last week's fixture against Louth with Martin Dunne from Moyle Rovers getting the nod at number 9 partnering Colin O'Riordan.

The team for Saturday is as follows –

Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan Kilcash
Ciarán McDonald – Aherlow
Paddy Codd Capt. – Killenaule
Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
Seamus Kennedy – Clonmel Commercials
Peter Acheson – Moyle Rovers
Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
Colin O'Riordan – J K Brackens
Martin Dunne – Moyle Rovers
Brian Fox – Eire Óg Annacarty
Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen
Liam Casey – Cahir
Kevin O'Halloran – Portroe
Michael Quinlivan – Clonmel Commercials
Philip Austin – Borrisokane

That is a strong Tipp team. 

Maroon Manc

Not even a 48 hour rest for O'Riordan. I doubt he'd be playing an U21 munster football semi final 2 days before a Senior hurling qualifier.

cadhlancian

Shane. Mickeys winning matches? Come on at feck! 2 very average performances against poor opposition . There is a distinct possibility that Saturday could be the end of the beard era. It'll be a sad day, his record will probably never be bettered. The only teams after Tipperary that we could beat are Sligo and???
To be honest , I'm ready for wee Peter/ Logan and Dooher, but who knows , maybe they'll set them up to play the exact same way.
I hope I'm wrong....

orangeman

Tipp have named a very good side but even at that I can't see Tipp beating Tyrone.

Tyrone to win with a few to spare.

Redhand Santa

Looking forward to the trip down in the morning. No point in worrying about next managers etc it can often lead to know where as Armagh have found out in the post joe kernan era. This is the time of year to get behind the players and managers that are there and hoping for the best, it's a long time until the McKenna cup next January.

Really hoping for a much more energetic performance tomorrow and lot more support play going forward. At times in the cork Kerry and Donegal games there were signs we were starting to get the balance between defence and attack right. In the last two games we've went defensive which may be partially caused by a flatness in early qualifier rounds.

Hopefully this time tomorrow night we'll still be in the championship .

Fuzzman

Am impressed by the Tyrone confidence and hope yer right. Yes no doubt if we play like we can take our scores Like we should then we could/should win BUT how many games have we watched this year where people are scared to shoot. We still have no reliable free taker to punish lazy tackling.
I think this game could be a lot tighter than we think.
Often our periods of dominance doesn't result in many scores. I think we'll stay Doohers cousin McShane come in at half time if not start.
Judging by the support at the U21 final I expect a not so friendly Munster Welcome.
A few of us coming down on the noon train from Dublin will be in carriage E and staying overnight to watch the Cork game at 7pm.

tippabu

Best of luck to our lads today, big test to see where we stand, hopefully we'll put in a performance and win or lose have not regrets

CD

If anyone has I link to a live stream it'd be much appreciated!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

GalwayBayBoy

How did Gough let that go without even a word? Unreal.

Put Up That Flag

Took all of 6 minutes for Tyrone to start the filth again,  some things never change ::)

dublin7

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on July 18, 2015, 03:09:30 PM
Took all of 6 minutes for Tyrone to start the filth again,  some things never change ::)

Can also include Harte taking a dive to win a free in front of goal.  Cavanagh has taught him well

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!