Tipp v Tyrone 18/07/15 Thurles

Started by omagh_gael, July 13, 2015, 08:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Never knew there was a club named 'Inane Rovers'.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

It's the football club in Roscrea. The hurling club is called Sensible Rovers.

BennyHarp

Tyrone team v Tipperary: 1. N Morgan
2. A McCrory 3. R McNamee 4. C McCarron
5. R McNabb 6. Joe McMahon 7. P Harte
8. C Cavanagh. 9. M Donnelly
10. T McCann 11. M Bradley 12. R Brennan
13. D McCurry 14. S Cavanagh 15. C McAliskey
subs: S Fox C Clarke
R Donnelly P Hughes D McBride C McCann
P McNulty C McShane C Meyler R O'Neill
B Tierney

It would be nice if, for once, we could just leave those three full forwards inside and get some quick, decent ball in to them. Who knows, they may even do a bit of damage.
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Still no word on tipp team. Colin o riordan played full game for the under 21 hurlers tonight and looked pretty tired 2nd half. Can't see him having the effect we're used to on saturday

ONeill

Would like to see Tyrone open up a bit on Saturday.

Yes, another defensive effort and try to pick them off on the break might see Tyrone over the line and into the next round but in McCurry, McAliskey, Sean and Bradley there are scoring forwards who could tally a decent total. However, I expect to see Bradley, Sean and McCurry eventually hoovering around the HB line.

I see Jordan was writing that Tyrone are set up to familiarise themselves for tactics needed to play the top 4 sides, suggesting that whether they're playing Urney reserves or Kerry they'll play the same way. That gives Tipp a good chance. You create holes in Tyrone early on, there's no plan B. I don't think the introduction of McCann and McCurry was a plan B last weekend. They were just better replacements.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

I really hope we don't see Bradley and McCurry playing on their own 40 for most of the game.
Scorers for us are in short supply lately so any we do unearth why drain their confidence by making them play a role alien to them, just to stay in the team.

Are Tipps injuries as bad as they're making out or is it Munster cute hoorism

tippabu

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2015, 01:23:34 AM
I really hope we don't see Bradley and McCurry playing on their own 40 for most of the game.
Scorers for us are in short supply lately so any we do unearth why drain their confidence by making them play a role alien to them, just to stay in the team.

Are Tipps injuries as bad as they're making out or is it Munster cute hoorism

i really hope it cute horeness but last night we had a knockout game in under 21 hurling and were in trouble early, Stephen o brien would have came on if not started if not injured. Hannigan definitely gone. Fahy didn't make the bench v louth so doesn't look good. Don't know anybody else's story

galwayman

Is this game on TV?

I haven't read back over all the pages so apologies if this has been asked previously.

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2015, 10:32:43 PM

Yes, another defensive effort and try to pick them off on the break might see Tyrone over the line and into the next round but in McCurry, McAliskey, Sean and Bradley there are scoring forwards who could tally a decent total. However, I expect to see Bradley, Sean and McCurry eventually hoovering around the HB line.

I see Jordan was writing that Tyrone are set up to familiarise themselves for tactics needed to play the top 4 sides, suggesting that whether they're playing Urney reserves or Kerry they'll play the same way. That gives Tipp a good chance. You create holes in Tyrone early on, there's no plan B. I don't think the introduction of McCann and McCurry was a plan B last weekend. They were just better replacements.

I think Mickey said in one of his interviews that he set up to keep Meath quiet in the first half given their previous 2 performances so you are right it was plan A to inject pace after the break.

I think it did more that inject pace, it injected confidence, both lads are comfortable on the ball and wanted the ball. The lads in pace were lacking that confidence, Richard Donnelly was making his debut whilst I think Tierney knows he in not a first choice. Both were out to not make a mistake not to impose themselves.

I think Mickeys next change was poor though (McCann for Brennan). Whilst McCann added to our mid-field effort the removal of Brennan lost us a defensive shield which meant Meath looked like scoring everytime they went forward.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: LeoMc on July 17, 2015, 08:00:48 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2015, 10:32:43 PM

I think Mickey said in one of his interviews that he set up to keep Meath quiet in the first half given their previous 2 performances so you are right it was plan A to inject pace after the break.

I think it did more that inject pace, it injected confidence, both lads are comfortable on the ball and wanted the ball. The lads in pace were lacking that confidence, Richard Donnelly was making his debut whilst I think Tierney knows he in not a first choice. Both were out to not make a mistake not to impose themselves.

I think Mickeys next change was poor though (McCann for Brennan). Whilst McCann added to our mid-field effort the removal of Brennan lost us a defensive shield which meant Meath looked like scoring everytime they went forward.
There in lies the problem, we want attacking football but we say we are vulnerable when we don't

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: galwayman on July 17, 2015, 07:51:13 AM
Is this game on TV?

I haven't read back over all the pages so apologies if this has been asked previously.

On SKy I think
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

omagh_gael

Quote from: galwayman on July 17, 2015, 07:51:13 AM
Is this game on TV?

Yeah,  it's on sky5 at 3pm. Has anyone watched/found any reliable streams on the net for the GAA?

sambostar

1st time posting though I've been a voyeur for a while. Looking forward to 1st visit to Thurles 2mro. Game should be an interesting clash of styles. I'd agree that Tyrone are sticking to a system regardless of the opposition - there were 2 sweepers against Meath until Brennan went off - so thereafter Tyrone were much better going forward but very open at the back. I'm not sure if we can have both! I would like to see some more adaptability though - Meath were there for the taking early on, Tyrone had the wind - there was no need for 2 sweepers then - an early blitz could have finished the game as a contest.
It seems it all harks back to the night in Croker when Connolly destroyed Tyrone in the 1st half - Mickey was slated then for going man-to-man & seems determined to not let that happen again. It might keep u competitive against the good teams but also results in games against inferior opposition turning into dogfights.
Anyway can't really argue with the team 2mro - a nice settled look to the defence. Only issue I'd have is re McShane, is he still injury-affected? He reminds me of a young Sean Cavanagh & these qualifier games would be ideal for giving him valuable championship experience.

ONeill

Welcome sambostar - looks like Tyrone will never blitz a team under current tactics - that would mean keeping 3 forwards up with HFs and MF raiding in support. Against Meath, when Tyrone won the ball back, the only option was McAliskey surrounded by 3 Meath defenders and on occasion Sean. It appears that the majority of 2-12 are reluctant to leave their defensive stations just in case...and we saw what can happen when Tyrone do run at pace and with support in that second half.

In saying all that, Mickey's winning matches and if playing this way hardens them for stiffer challenges then so be it. Need to be flexible though to avoid banana skins like tomorrow. If the kill is open, go for it and abandon the system.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tippabu

Team News

The Tipperary Senior Football team to play Tyrone, in the GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship Round 3B, in Semple Stadium, on Saturday next July 18th at 3pm has been announced by manager Peter Creedon. It shows one change to the side announced for last week's fixture against Louth with Martin Dunne from Moyle Rovers getting the nod at number 9 partnering Colin O'Riordan.

The team for Saturday is as follows –

Evan Comerford – Kilsheelan Kilcash
Ciarán McDonald – Aherlow
Paddy Codd Capt. – Killenaule
Jimmy Feehan – Killenaule
Seamus Kennedy – Clonmel Commercials
Peter Acheson – Moyle Rovers
Alan Campbell – Moyle Rovers
Colin O'Riordan – J K Brackens
Martin Dunne – Moyle Rovers
Brian Fox – Eire Óg Annacarty
Conor Sweeney – Ballyporeen