Kerry V Cork 2pm Killarney

Started by twohands!!!, July 02, 2015, 06:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

No lights in Killarney. Bit of a gamble with this fixture.

Extra time might be dusky enough depending on the weather.

Losing team could possibly be playing for 3 weekends in a row.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AZOffaly

I actually thought it was strange that the replay wasn't this Saturday coming. I suppose with all the hurling and football qualifiers they didn't want a clash, but when you consider the whole point of the A and B side was to prevent teams losing a provincial final and playing the next week, Munster have walked either Cork or Kerry into that precise situation.

The losers of the Munster final are due out in round 4A on July 25th. If the replay was this saturday, they'd have the full 2 weeks beforehand. Now they'll have 1 week, and as mentioned above, if they win that they'll be out in a quarter final the next week again.

5 Sams

Quote from: lenny on July 08, 2015, 08:00:45 AM
Quote from: Sidney on July 07, 2015, 07:19:06 PM
Anybody know what will happen as regards TV coverage of the Cork-Kerry replay?

As far as I know Sky have rights to two qualifiers being shown on July 18th which will be Fermanagh v Roscommon and Longford v Kildare.

Given that the Cork-Kerry replay is a 7pm start, you would think this means it's being lined up for live TV coverage. Sky, you would presume, will push to replace one of their scheduled live qualifier matches with live Cork-Kerry coverage.

However there appears to be a problem here on two fronts.

i) Sky do not appear to have rights to show a provincial final exclusively live.
ii) If RTE want to show the Cork-Kerry replay live, Sky will surely object given that their 7pm qualifier match would be upstaged by a far more attractive live match directly clashing with it on RTE.

Will the Cork-Kerry replay be shown live at all, one wonders? If Sky get the rights, there will be a Liveline furore over it given that every provincial final since 1998 has been shown live on free to air TV (the Clare-Waterford replay in 1998 was the last not to be shown live, from my memory). If it's not shown at all, there will be an even bigger Liveline furore.

Surely the obvious thing to do was to have it throw in at 2:30 or 3pm and have it live on RTE, thus avoiding a clash? Perhaps the match will be brought forward when this issue is considered?

A 7pm start in Killarney is also disastrous for anybody wanting to travel by train. Irish Rail, comically, is advertising "great value return fares" for this match, however the last train out of Killarney is 7:38pm.

It'll probably be deferred coverage on RTE. Coverage will likely start around 9.

Just confirmed that RTE have it live.
The Aristocrat Years

BluestackBoy

Just heard on RTE that the replay will be shown live on RTE 2.

Happy days.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Hound

Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 08, 2015, 11:37:10 AM

Happy days.
Looks like Sky agreed to move their game to an earlier slot

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Hound on July 08, 2015, 12:19:55 PM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on July 08, 2015, 11:37:10 AM

Happy days.
Looks like Sky agreed to move their game to an earlier slot

If they did then fair dues to them.

To listen to some people you would swear that they were the devil incarnate.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

blanketattack

With all the Cork-Kerry draws in Munster, the winner of the replay has never won the All-Ireland, however for the last 3 replays, the loser has won the All-Ireland.

rrhf

I think that Kerry are miles off the pace at the moment but with the preferentialprovincial system they shouldnt need to peak too early. 

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: rrhf on July 08, 2015, 05:40:39 PM
I think that Kerry are miles off the pace at the moment but with the preferentialprovincial system they shouldnt need to peak too early.

That game last Sunday was streets ahead any other game in ANY province so far, apart from Donegal v Tyrone, which was still a bit below it understandably so less of the whining please.
The losers Last Sunday (now on the 18th) will have to play 3 weeks on the trot culminating in facing the Dubs. Plenty incentive to peak there if you ask me.

But of course, the level of analysis of the actual game on here is of the "Hoganstand level, so..
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2015, 11:34:05 AM
Cork won't fear Kerry.

The aul clichés are great, like the way Meath are never beaten even if they're ten point down.......oh wait  ;D

Hardy

I think you have something there. It seems like only Mayo is holding true to its cliché profile.

macdanger2

Quote from: Hardy on July 09, 2015, 12:02:17 PM
I think you have something there. It seems like only Mayo is holding true to its cliché profile.

>:(

larryin89

Hardy, I enjoy your posts , always raise an aul smile.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Fuzzman

Are yis sure it's on TV live?
I can't see it anywhere.

RTE2 16:40   http://www.rte.ie/tv/listings_rtetwo.html

The Saturday Game
Jacqui Hurley presents live coverage of the All Ireland Hurling Championship Round 2 qualifier between Dublin and Limerick from Semple Stadium, Thurles. Throw in 5.oopm.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa//thesundaygame.html

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/gaa-on-sky
SAT 11TH JULY
Clare v Cork   
All-Ireland SHC Qualifiers , Sky Sports 3 HD (18:30)