Kerry V Cork 2pm Killarney

Started by twohands!!!, July 02, 2015, 06:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 19, 2015, 10:50:14 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2015, 09:20:14 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on July 18, 2015, 09:19:11 PM
Was Hurley the man who played like God at full-forward for Cork against Dublin in a quarter-final a few years ago? I've forgotten when it was, Mayo were playing the day after, as I recall, and this one was played under lights. Whoever that guy was went off to Australia then that winter, but I've never heard what became of him. Was it Hurley? Went down under, didn't happen, came back?

That was Ciaran Sheehan. He's off playing AFL in the land of Oz.

Thanks Syf. That makes Hurley a mystery so. Anthony Moyles on Twitter reckoned Hurley was afraid of Enright. That's a terrible indictment of him if that's the case.

Hurley looked a phenomenal player in under 21's and has played well in the last 2 leagues and was very good in a big game last Summer but can't remember off the top of my head who against so probably deserves his place and i'm a fan but over both Kerry games he was very disappointing and yesterday it looked like he had absolutely no faith in shaking off Enright, i seen him look like he was past Enright 2 or 3 times with the ball only to turn back and look for the offload as if he always felt Enright would catch him.

The one slight excuse i would give him is he's not being played close enough to goal, whenever i've seen him at his best he's been in the fulll forward line coming out to meet the ball and turning to score or run at the defender.

Dubhaltach

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2015, 09:40:53 PM
Have watched a heap of games now where with 10 minutes to go the team leading by 3+ points will do one or all of the following to waste time and kill the flow of play.

Players (from the team leading) who get fouled (at even the most minor level) and pretend to be in serous pain.
Players (from the team leading) who when conceding an free, jibe, hold onto the ball and have handbags with the opposition.
Players (from the team leading) who when winning a free, jibe and have handbags with the opposition.
Players (from the team leading) pull down a player, run away from the incident, get called back from the ref and get a black card.
Players (from the team leading) just playing keep ball and winding down the clock.
Players (from the team leading) taking an age to take a free and then deciding to leave it to a colleague to take.
Substitutions from the leading team.

The irony is that the way the rules are laid out the referee is your best friend at this point (if you are leading that is). He help burn up as much time as you like and won't add a bit on for it.

And the reason the hooter wasn't brought in was because it would allow too many opportunities for time wasting. Laughable ::)

The GAA's love of replays has nothing to do with it of course.