Kerry V Cork 2pm Killarney

Started by twohands!!!, July 02, 2015, 06:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Main Street on July 05, 2015, 10:44:53 PM
Why can't they do the replay in Thurles?

Cork happy to play in Killarney, next 2 games between the two will be in PUC.

BennyCake

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 05, 2015, 07:43:46 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2015, 07:12:40 PM
Yer wan Brenda is from Kildare, hardly a football county.

Go suck on your one All-Ireland.

Sorry, are you from Kildare or Kerry?

Beffs

James O'D would give Greg Louganis a right run for his money in the diving stakes. For such a talented player, it's a pity to see it. Kerry people would probably pat him on the back for being cute, but its unpleasant none the less.

armaghniac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 05, 2015, 07:43:46 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2015, 07:12:40 PM
Yer wan Brenda is from Kildare, hardly a football county.

Go suck on your one All-Ireland.

Well at least Armagh people can remember an All Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

QuoteDon't buy this nonsense that Cork missed the boat.

Why?

Kerry will have a different team out the next day. I would also expect Kerry to go man to man as BC will try that now that the cat is out of the bag.

Should be a classic if both teams go man to man, Kerry will win a shootout and they never get bullied a 2nd time.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

westbound

As a matter of interest, when was the last time kerry lost a championship replay?

twohands!!!

Quote from: westbound on July 06, 2015, 10:59:45 AM
As a matter of interest, when was the last time kerry lost a championship replay?

Not sure but they did lose the replay to Cork a few days after the three O'Se's father died - I'm rubbish at keeping track of which year was which - but that wasn't so long ago. I did see a stat a while back that Kerry have only been beaten in championship football in Kerry 9 times since 1928. Overall I'm struggling to think of many other replays Kerry have lost.

AZOffaly

The 1972 All Ireland Final Replay v Offaly is one anyway. That's what we're reduced to!

twohands!!!

Based on Cuthbert's quotes after the game I think he needs someone to explain to him is and isn't a black card

Quote"If you pull a fella down it is a black card. We have got two of them. If you pull a fella down around the neck it is the same as pulling a fella down but it is a yellow card supposedly.

"I don't know the difference. I am not a referee. What do ye think? Ye are asking me the question.

QuoteCynical Behaviour Fouls
1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

Hate to see managers coming out with this nonsense - a manager of an intercounty team pretending to or not knowing the exact rules. (not sure which is worse)

Sidney

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 06, 2015, 11:07:25 AM

Not sure but they did lose the replay to Cork a few days after the three O'Se's father died - I'm rubbish at keeping track of which year was which - but that wasn't so long ago. I did see a stat a while back that Kerry have only been beaten in championship football in Kerry 9 times since 1928. Overall I'm struggling to think of many other replays Kerry have lost.
Cork beat them in replays in 1987, 2002, 2006 and 2009. Kerry beat Cork in replays in 1976, 2008 and 2010.

BennyCake

Quote from: Sidney on July 06, 2015, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 06, 2015, 11:07:25 AM

Cork beat them in replays in 1987, 2002, 2006 and 2009. Kerry beat Cork in replays in 1976, 2008 and 2010.

That's a lot of replays! A Munster Council extra revenue-type conspiracy here, I reckon...

Jinxy

Alan O'Connor had the game of his life in the 2nd half.
Hard to see that happening again.
Kerry will start with Moran & Maher.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sionnach

Quote from: Beffs on July 05, 2015, 10:57:45 PM
James O'D would give Greg Louganis a right run for his money in the diving stakes. For such a talented player, it's a pity to see it. Kerry people would probably pat him on the back for being cute, but its unpleasant none the less.

I think that's a bit harsh.  Certainly I would argue neither of the incidents being cited from yesterday's game was a dive.

The first was early on when Kerrigan pushed him in the back (which should have been a free), causing O'Donoghue to fall heavily on his shoulder (which he had an operation on that kept him out all year until recently).  I'm pretty sure he was genuinely hurt and he was down for some time afterwards.

The second was the dubious penalty.  In that case, Collins ran into him, knocking and pulling him down.  With the benefit of replays, we can see that this appears to have been an accidental collision rather than a deliberate foul, but it wasn't a case of O'Donoghue diving on the ground either. It's not like he threw himself down with minimal contact or feigned injury. He did appeal for a penalty, but in fairness he likely didn't know himself that it wasn't a deliberate foul - he had his eyes on the ball and what he would have felt was someone running into him and pulling him down.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Sionnach on July 06, 2015, 02:46:43 PM
Quote from: Beffs on July 05, 2015, 10:57:45 PM

I think that's a bit harsh.  Certainly I would argue neither of the incidents being cited from yesterday's game was a dive.

The first was early on when Kerrigan pushed him in the back (which should have been a free), causing O'Donoghue to fall heavily on his shoulder (which he had an operation on that kept him out all year until recently).  I'm pretty sure he was genuinely hurt and he was down for some time afterwards.

The second was the dubious penalty.  In that case, Collins ran into him, knocking and pulling him down.  With the benefit of replays, we can see that this appears to have been an accidental collision rather than a deliberate foul, but it wasn't a case of O'Donoghue diving on the ground either. It's not like he threw himself down with minimal contact or feigned injury. He did appeal for a penalty, but in fairness he likely didn't know himself that it wasn't a deliberate foul - he had his eyes on the ball and what he would have felt was someone running into him and pulling him down.

Dubious penalty!! Look at it again and you'll see JOD fouled Collins.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 06, 2015, 03:56:19 PM

Dubious penalty!! Look at it again and you'll see JOD fouled Collins.

How exactly did JOD foul Collins

Footage here.

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/kerry-penalty-video/299735

Hughes was a fair distance from the action as Walsh had put in a very long ball after receiving a foot medium length forward foot pass.

Am I the only one who thinks Cadogan's was restricting Donaghy's jump - his other hand from the one Cadogan used to bat the ball away was pretty much on Donaghy's chest - I've given penalties for similar.

With the way Collins kinda of drags down JOD's body a bit, you can see why the mistake was made.