Armagh v Galway (Sat 11-07-15)

Started by illdecide, June 29, 2015, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Home draw is a decided advantage for Armagh.There was 6,000 at Wicklow game,there is likely to be 10,000 at this game.The Armagh support is the best in Ireland for loyalty.

lemallon

Quote from: T Fearon on June 30, 2015, 05:58:29 PM
Home draw is a decided advantage for Armagh.There was 6,000 at Wicklow game,there is likely to be 10,000 at this game.The Armagh support is the best in Ireland for loyalty.

Have to agree with that. Tremendous crowd for a divsion 3 team playing one from divsion 4 at 230 on a saturday. 

T Fearon

Especially considering the abysmal Armagh performance against Donegal less than two weeks previously

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on June 30, 2015, 05:58:29 PM

And a great weekend for loyalty.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

It's our only crime,in the words of Johnny Adair!

Captain Obvious

Armagh won tougher games on route to the All Ireland quarter final last year however Armagh don't have the same momentum or form this summer.

T Fearon

They also had a good Ulster Championship last year,beating Cavan and taking Monaghan to a replay.Will gain serious momentum if they beat Galway

Rma13

Quote from: illdecide on June 30, 2015, 12:05:24 PM
I was reading someone else's comments on the Armagh forum and they were saying this is Armagh's 3rd home game in a row (we all knew that) but that it doesn't feel like a proper championship if you haven't too get in your car and head to some other ground in Ireland and I suppose that's true. The feeling off driving for a few hours to an unfamiliar ground and getting to see different parts of the country is nearly part of the Championship ( the drive to Croker is best as you know you've made progress in the Championship) but it's great to get south to a ground you haven't visited before.

Some of us do our travelling by following the team throughout the League ;)  You'd have seen many unfamiliar grounds with Armagh this year by doing that :) Ahhh Kilmallock, now that was a special ground!!!

Rma13

Quote from: T Fearon on June 29, 2015, 10:11:49 PM
Toughest draw Armagh could have got too,apart from an away trip to Galway.Meath and Wexford would have been my preferences.Galway must start as favourites

We couldn't get Wexford, they were not beaten Provincial semi finalists, it was Galway, Meath, Derry or Tipperary.

mackers

Quote from: Rma13 on July 01, 2015, 03:32:20 PM
I was reading someone else's comments on the Armagh forum and they were saying this is Armagh's 3rd home game in a row (we all knew that) but that it doesn't feel like a proper championship if you haven't too get in your car and head to some other ground in Ireland and I suppose that's true. The feeling off driving for a few hours to an unfamiliar ground and getting to see different parts of the country is nearly part of the Championship ( the drive to Croker is best as you know you've made progress in the Championship) but it's great to get south to a ground you haven't visited before.

Some of us do our travelling by following the team throughout the League ;)  You'd have seen many unfamiliar grounds with Armagh this year by doing that :) Ahhh Kilmallock, now that was a special ground!!!
Wasn't going to post this myself!  They were brushing the water out of the goalmouths with yardbrushes in Kilmallock.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Rma13

Quote from: mackers on July 01, 2015, 03:51:36 PM

Wasn't going to post this myself!  They were brushing the water out of the goalmouths with yardbrushes in Kilmallock.

It did look like a nice town though to be fair :) I haven't seen a ground like that in a very very long time even at club level!!! We won the match though & the sun shone, so there were some positives.

illdecide

Quote from: Rma13 on July 01, 2015, 03:56:35 PM

It did look like a nice town though to be fair :) I haven't seen a ground like that in a very very long time even at club level!!! We won the match though & the sun shone, so there were some positives.

Yes some of the quote was from Armagh forum and I added a bit. You know the difference between a summers day and a drive to a championship game compared to a cold wet windy game in Kilmallock in a league game. I go to most league game tbh but I didn't go to that one which sounds like an experience alright...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

We did enough travelling last year,Roscommon,Omagh,and the year before,Galway and Carrick-on-Shannon

Rma13

Quote from: illdecide on July 01, 2015, 04:25:08 PM
Quote from: Rma13 on July 01, 2015, 03:56:35 PM

Yes some of the quote was from Armagh forum and I added a bit. You know the difference between a summers day and a drive to a championship game compared to a cold wet windy game in Kilmallock in a league game. I go to most league game tbh but I didn't go to that one which sounds like an experience alright...

I'm only teasing ;)

illdecide

On a serious note...what sort of support should we expect from Galway? Donegal had an amazing support against us in Athletic Grounds for 1st round of Ulster and Wicklow didn't bring many with them but they wouldn't have a big fan base anyway( well not that i'm aware of) but surely Galway would bring at least 1000 to Armagh?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch