Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 28, 2015, 05:26:29 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on June 28, 2015, 05:16:01 PM
O'Hara obviously isn't up to much as a manager.. Ballagh must have been hard up to look in his direction.
Not too often I'd be hoping Ballina would win and get through, last evening was one exception however. All down to O'Hara.

Tut, tut Farr why is that? I usually like to see Knockmore win unless it's against us.

Groin is the matter with Clarkie I hear.

Good news is that Andy Moran looked grand and he played the whole second half.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on June 28, 2015, 05:37:08 PM
O'Hara obviously isn't up to much as a manager.. Ballagh must have been hard up to look in his direction.
Not too often I'd be hoping Ballina would win and get through, last evening was one exception however. All down to O'Hara.

Tut, tut Farr why is that? I usually like to see Knockmore win unless it's against us.

Might be because most of ye are townies. ;) Ah, I have come round to warming to ye a bit, I was hoping against hope ye'd beat Castlebar last week too. Is Clarke out for the Connacht final? Hennelly did all he had to do today. The O'Sheas were top notch as well. If Clarke is out, I assume the boys will call on O'Malley again? He's very unfortunate with injuries Clarkie isn't he.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magpie seanie

I hear that O'Hara may not be the only one to blame. Not an easy job I'm led to believe.

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 26, 2015, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 26, 2015, 01:54:39 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2015, 12:48:09 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on June 26, 2015, 12:38:46 PM
Willie Joe blog getting upset about f**k all, there's a precious git if there was ever one with his house rules and what not which he routinely breaks himself as he sees fit.

+1. Time to move on. Venue is sorted. Best hope now that nobody gets injured this weekend in club championship action.
this place is bad
but WJ's blog is the true home of the Loonies
at least here theres outsider to choke back on the invective
ros, do you remember mayofans.com?
About 7 or 8 years ago,( I can't really remember), Willie Joe got his drawers in a twist when someone or other on that forum put up some very mild criticism of something he had posted.
I think he slagged some player who was a Mitchels man  and the mayofans lad complained that WJ must have something against Castlebar - or something like that.
In his next blog, WJ went ballistic, he threatened nothing short of downright war on the lot of us.
WTF did we think we were etc. Etc.
You then posted something that he took to be another insult and he really lost the plot in his next blog. "There's another one of them, sticking his head over the parapet to hurl another cheap shot at me. But I'll tell you guys this, I'm getting pissed off with you..." and he went on and on.

At that stage, I decided to have a bit of craic so I posed on his site, basically telling him to grow up or something like that. I said that you and any other mayofans poster were entitled to say your piece without having to get his permission first.
Besides that, I told him his language was disgraceful and he had some neck complaining about anyone daring to disagree with him, while he was calling others tools and fools and the likes.
He softened his cough a bit when he replied but said that anyone who disagreed with him should go to his site and post their views there.
I sent him a replay and he did not post that one!
  However, he did mellow his language after that.

Apart from his fragile ego, I think he's a good analyst and a devoted Mayo supporter. His blog is easily the best Mayo-related one I have come across.

i remember that but I cant remember the subject , initally i said very little and i think ewe had a few 'Cross' cross posts and I havent really gone near the place since. reminds me o a smiley teacher who's every ones friend untill some one is naughhy and then goes into a blind Rage because people dont realize how sound and cool he is.
but as some on said its his blog and he makes the rules  so what can you do but ignore him.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 28, 2015, 09:03:35 PM

Might be because most of ye are townies. ;) Ah, I have come round to warming to ye a bit, I was hoping against hope ye'd beat Castlebar last week too. Is Clarke out for the Connacht final? Hennelly did all he had to do today. The O'Sheas were top notch as well. If Clarke is out, I assume the boys will call on O'Malley again? He's very unfortunate with injuries Clarkie isn't he.

Reckon he ll be okay but if he played the other evening he d have been destroyed.

moysider

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 29, 2015, 10:16:52 AM

I hear that O'Hara may not be the only one to blame. Not an easy job I'm led to believe.

Ballagh were well organised and set up to be fair. Not O Hara's fault that they missed some easy chances that should have swung it in their favour. A team in transition. Besides, Ballina at home in the championship is not an easy place to win. That was the crunch game in the group. Castlebar much better than Ballagh at the present time.

Farrandeelin

Maybe I'm biased but Clarke would be my favourite for the #1 spot. Hennelly did nothing wrong yesterday though. Can anyone tell me are the county players playing the next roundof the league? I presume it's starred, but it is a fortnight after the Connacht final so who knows.

Mayo4Sam

You're a disgrace Farr
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 28, 2015, 09:03:35 PM

That's very hurtful Farr!

Think of all the townies that have served Mayo well down the years.

Courell, Acton, Forde, Casey, Jinkin Joe, Sally Loftus, O Dowd, McStay, Browne, Brady, McHale etc. The soul of Mayo teams ;)

muppet

Never mind them Farr.

You can't beat them often enough. 😄

BTW how is Stephenite getting on? Haven't seen him here in a long time.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

They're fighting amongst themselves lads! Good sign!!!

larryin89

Looking forward to ticket distribution for this game.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 30, 2015, 12:13:00 PM
They're fighting amongst themselves lads! Good sign!!!
Na, just picking on me. But I don't heed them at the best of times. As for the game otself, I think Sligo will be harder beaten than many expect.

macdanger2

Any injuries to report from the championship games at the weekend??

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 30, 2015, 03:52:05 PM
Any injuries to report from the championship games at the weekend??

Eamonn O'Hara's pride.