Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: Mac2 on June 26, 2015, 12:38:46 PM
Willie Joe blog getting upset about f**k all, there's a precious git if there was ever one with his house rules and what not which he routinely breaks himself as he sees fit.

Its his blog and he can do what he likes. He will end up talking to himself if he keeps that attitude up. Feisty as falling into a ditch full of brambles and nettles.

rosnarun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2015, 12:48:09 PM
Willie Joe blog getting upset about f**k all, there's a precious git if there was ever one with his house rules and what not which he routinely breaks himself as he sees fit.

+1. Time to move on. Venue is sorted. Best hope now that nobody gets injured this weekend in club championship action.
this place is bad
but WJ's blog is the true home of the Loonies
at least here theres outsider to choke back on the invective
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

joemamas

Quote from: Rudi on June 26, 2015, 01:27:16 PM

Its his blog and he can do what he likes. He will end up talking to himself if he keeps that attitude up. Feisty as falling into a ditch full of brambles and nettles.

To his defense, he is generally ok. Seems like a decent very genuine mayo supporter, who has put a fair bit of time and effort in that blog. There are some eejits who post crap on there, so he does a decent job at monitoring. Beard in mind, I believe he has a full time job and it appears also ma young family. So don't be too critical of him.
Day after a game he does a great job of compiling match reports.

My only criticism, is that I wish you could somehow rank or go straight to certain bloggers, I find more and more of the newer one are way out in left field, and it has become a bit tedious scrolling down to find bloggers whose opinion I respect.

But overall value added by site.

Rudi

Quote from: joemamas on June 26, 2015, 02:00:53 PM
Quote from: Rudi on June 26, 2015, 01:27:16 PM

To his defense, he is generally ok. Seems like a decent very genuine mayo supporter, who has put a fair bit of time and effort in that blog. There are some eejits who post crap on there, so he does a decent job at monitoring. Beard in mind, I believe he has a full time job and it appears also ma young family. So don't be too critical of him.
Day after a game he does a great job of compiling match reports.

My only criticism, is that I wish you could somehow rank or go straight to certain bloggers, I find more and more of the newer one are way out in left field, and it has become a bit tedious scrolling down to find bloggers whose opinion I respect.

But overall value added by site.

I hear ya, play the ball not the man. He does seem like a good one, who can have an off day like us all.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rosnarun on June 26, 2015, 01:54:39 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2015, 12:48:09 PM

+1. Time to move on. Venue is sorted. Best hope now that nobody gets injured this weekend in club championship action.
this place is bad
but WJ's blog is the true home of the Loonies
at least here theres outsider to choke back on the invective
ros, do you remember mayofans.com?
About 7 or 8 years ago,( I can't really remember), Willie Joe got his drawers in a twist when someone or other on that forum put up some very mild criticism of something he had posted.
I think he slagged some player who was a Mitchels man  and the mayofans lad complained that WJ must have something against Castlebar - or something like that.
In his next blog, WJ went ballistic, he threatened nothing short of downright war on the lot of us.
WTF did we think we were etc. Etc.
You then posted something that he took to be another insult and he really lost the plot in his next blog. "There's another one of them, sticking his head over the parapet to hurl another cheap shot at me. But I'll tell you guys this, I'm getting pissed off with you..." and he went on and on.

At that stage, I decided to have a bit of craic so I posed on his site, basically telling him to grow up or something like that. I said that you and any other mayofans poster were entitled to say your piece without having to get his permission first.
Besides that, I told him his language was disgraceful and he had some neck complaining about anyone daring to disagree with him, while he was calling others tools and fools and the likes.
He softened his cough a bit when he replied but said that anyone who disagreed with him should go to his site and post their views there.
I sent him a replay and he did not post that one!
  However, he did mellow his language after that.

Apart from his fragile ego, I think he's a good analyst and a devoted Mayo supporter. His blog is easily the best Mayo-related one I have come across.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sans pessimism

Quote from: Bod Mor on June 26, 2015, 07:56:39 AM
Quote from: sans pessimism on June 26, 2015, 12:12:15 AM
your annoyance will soon be over for this year ;)

There seems to be an awful lot of stuff like this going on. What if Sligo were to beat us and suddenly we're out and are drawn against Roscommon in the qualifiers?

Do people think of these scenarios at all? I'm not having a go at you at all sp but there seems to be this sense of entitlement and badness crept into Mayo fans psyche lately. Evident here and over on willie how's blog. Giving out about the feckin venue and who the ref might be. It would make the dog sick. Some people were expecting it to be played in Croke park ffs!
I'm 22000kms from home and I'd give anything to be going to the Connacht final and witness the five in a row IF we are to get over Sligo.

Treat your opposition with the respect they deserve. This will be no easy game and we'll know more about this Mayo team after this than we did coming out of Salthill.
Bod,last time I checked t'owl smiley at the end was equal to a bitta banther....so much for humour.I will arise and go now-oops! sorry sligos!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Farrandeelin

Michael Gallagher on the radio said COC came on with 6 mins to go for Ballintubber. He said Dillon played well too. Good to hear.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

cuconnacht

Tubbers game with the Abbeysiders was 6pts to 5 HT.Dillon came on with 25mins to go COC got 10mins of play (both looked well fit)FT 2-11 ta 07.Interesting Alan Plunkett knocked in 2-4 from play.Big win for The Na men over Ballagh,10pts to 8,Clarke and the two Reagans no start (inj)Andy was down to start but didn't,may have come in2nd half ,man who sent me text was also deep in chat with too many pints of guiness ;D in Stephenites bar.Any other Na men at the game?info pls.Cunniffe was on for the Mitchells win but taken off for a possible hamstring again!

Syferus

O'Hara's Ballagh bus is parked up in June for the year..

cuconnacht

Quote from: Syferus on June 28, 2015, 02:52:30 PM
O'Hara's Ballagh bus is parked up in June for the year..
Yep,it was die dog or shit the licence time for both teams.Now where Eamonns bus,time  to chase some wheels,woof woof.

Rossfan

I hear he had another hilarious twittery - What do you call a Roscommon man at a Connacht Final? A steward.
May his fcukin tan turn bright purple ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

O'Hara obviously isn't up to much as a manager.. Ballagh must have been hard up to look in his direction.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 28, 2015, 05:16:01 PM
O'Hara obviously isn't up to much as a manager.. Ballagh must have been hard up to look in his direction.
Not too often I'd be hoping Ballina would win and get through, last evening was one exception however. All down to O'Hara.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Chimley