Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Only two stadiums within each province should be designated to host provincial finals in either code.
Alternate it each year.
Ulster - Clones & Casement
Connacht - Castlebar & Salthill
Munster - Killarney & PUC (football), Thurles & PUC (hurling)
Leinster - Croke Park & a redeveloped Pairc Tailteann

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mayo4Sam

Anyway back to the football

Any chance Shine will be back for this match?

I'd be worried about the Rossies attack, if Shine is back then it's a serious outfit with Cregg, Kilbride and the two Murtaghs.
We'll be lucky to break even at midfield too.

With them having home advantage now as well we could be in real trouble
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Just to kind of wreck Mayo supporters' complaints, this is what the Hyde looked like for the this very fixture three years ago:

Perfect.

highorlow

QuoteJust to kind of wreck Mayo supporters' complaints, this is what the Hyde looked like for the this very fixture three years ago:

I see portaloos in the background and this is what a straight line looks like ___________________________________
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rosnarun

latest according to Prenty is Stand tickets are not assured for the hyde for season ticket holders( is this a breach of terms?)
Are they trying to make as big a f**kup as possible

and if mayo fans are wondering how this was agreed to look no further than Paddy 'i'll appoint who I want'  Mc nicholas
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2015, 12:01:22 PM
Anyway back to the football

Any chance Shine will be back for this match?

I'd be worried about the Rossies attack, if Shine is back then it's a serious outfit with Cregg, Kilbride and the two Murtaghs.
We'll be lucky to break even at midfield too.

With them having home advantage now as well we could be in real trouble
very deep  sarcasm or do you work for RTE

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2015, 02:15:27 PM
latest according to Prenty is Stand tickets are not assured for the hyde for season ticket holders( is this a breach of terms?)
Are they trying to make as big a f**kup as possible

and if mayo fans are wondering how this was agreed to look no further than Paddy 'i'll appoint who I want'  Mc nicholas

Season ticket holders were given stand tickets three years ago, only if you were a lazy fecker and you didn't order tickets in time did you even risk not getting in the stand. On a fine day sitting on the stone benches a bit back is the best spot in the house anyways. I was surrounded by the cûnts that day. Made Roscommon playing in a minor final at the Hyde seem like an away game.

'Not assured' is just legalese to try and cover arses.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 25, 2015, 09:44:18 AM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 25, 2015, 08:26:20 AM
Interesting all right, I will say one thing our last few Connacht finals have had 23,000 average attendance, id be expecting a bigger Sligo crowd than 2012 but obviously nothing close to the 17,000 for 2010. Id say demand in Sligo will be between 10,000 and 13,000 and with mayos demand that would easily exceed 20,000 capacity for the Hyde final. So not everyone will get a ticket. If Sligo have choice this time why did the CC ignore that rule and not even let Sligo know before making the decision. If true that is.

Are you sure about those figures? They look a good bit on the high side to me. There couldn't have been 17,000 Sligo people at the final in 2010. I know it was the bandwagon to beat all bandwagons but the population of the county is only about 55k.
I just want to say I'm not being sarcastic when i say this but I made that up in my head but I still take it as fact 😅
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2015, 12:39:17 PM
Just to kind of wreck Mayo supporters' complaints, this is what the Hyde looked like for the this very fixture three years ago:

Perfect.

Is that Roscommon's dream of a Connacht championship lying just beyond the supporters behind the goal???  ;D

rosnarun

Syferus
you keep making excuse and justifying what it could possibly be played there
but if your explaining your losing
here some reason why it shouldn't be played there

no one want to go to roscommon
roscommon are not involved
hyde park is outdated with no public facilities
almost every one will be standing .
last year it was downright dangerous with people clogging up the aisle by sitting on them as soon as it got wet
It always rains in roscommon

and I repeat no one wants to go there

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2015, 03:19:15 PM
Syferus

last year it was downright dangerous with people clogging up the aisle by sitting on them as soon as it got wet

They want to go there more than McHale or Salthill it seems.. ;D

This Mayo freak-out has really put a pep back in our step after Saturday. Tis deadly what Mayo losing the rag over going to Roscommon can do for the spirits.

The Black Mamba

Okay so if not the Hyde where do you play it? Even Sligo supporters I know wouldn't travel to Salthill such is the congestion there. If it were in McHale Park, Sligo concede home advantage to Mayo. So while the Hyde is outdated, soon to be redeveloped thankfully, the only other alternatives are a wind tunnel where supporters will be all evening trying to get out of the city or a home match for Mayo, not fair to Sligo.

Rossfan

Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2015, 03:19:15 PM
Syferus

Stay at fcukin home so and give us all a bit of peace.
Jasus I never heard so much whingin and moanin from one County ( + a bit of another Co) about a choice of venue  since... last August  ::) :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

I know Sligo have to be accommodated but playing a game at this dive while a more modern, bigger, all-seater stadium lies closer to both sets of supporters is daftness in the name of fairness.

I hope this fairness is implemented across the board and championship games involving the Dubs are played outside CP in fairness to the opposition who will never have the opportunity of playing the Dubs on their home patch in championship.

Jinxy

Could the Mayo lads please supply the rest of us with a list of stadiums they are willing to play in.
It'd avoid a lot of hassle.
If you were any use you'd be playing.